ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Jared Curtis

Radi Nabulsi

Publisher
Staff
Nov 17, 2003
I spent Sunday watching Georgia quarterback commit Jared Curtis at the Under Armour camp in Nashville.
On the way up, I thought, why in the hell am I driving 6.5 hours to see a sophomore QB?

Well, I am glad I did.

Good lord what an arm. And yes I know a strong arm is not a prerequisite to being a great QB but it damn sure doesn't hurt.

I was talking Stephon Shivers' coach when I heard, not saw Curtis' first pass. I HEARD it. The spinning of the ball and the thwack it made when caught by one of the QBs he was warming up with.

A couple of drills later and Curtis was being called out by Jamarcus Russell who was coaching the QBs. "Do they call you Rocket at home, 115?" [Curtis was wearing jersey No. 115. ] "Rocket is your nickname for today. Rocket man!"

At one point in a footwork drill, Curtis stumbled on one of the bags but still threw the ball to another QB. The kid who caught it turned to the guy behind him in awe and said, "It's still a f&#$king missle!" The QB gave the ball back to Curtis and told him the same thing. "Yuo were off balance and it's still a ----ing missle."

Anyway, it is a camp and not real life but put me down as a believer that Curtis could be something special. Jed is working on a story and I'll put together the clips I shot with my phone. I saw the Brentwood Academy kid who is committed to Tennessee as well. Should be fun to watch he and Curtis face off in a few years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.