ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the Regional Championship

CoastalVADawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2019
What a night and what a game! I’m not sure the last time I experienced every emotion and went through as many highs and lows as I did last night. It was a real rush to watch our guys get that last out and storm the field in celebration. My voice was almost spent.

My thoughts:

1) Zach Harris really grew up this year and probably had his best outing last night. I was concerned early but he really settled in. Going 6 innings was huge.

2) Can’t say enough good things about Padysak. He was dialed in last night and really had Tech batters off balance.

3) I was admittedly nervous about pitching both Hoskins and Golstein late in a close game. Hoskins did an admirable job. As for Charlie Goldstein, I don’t know what to say. I really hate it for him and my guess is he is done for the year. Just damn.

4) Chandler Marsh’s epic play at first base in the 9th might be the defensive play of the year.

5) I really liked closing the game with Finley. He had a rough Friday but I felt he still could be available if needed. Well, last night he got the call and delivered.

6) The bunt from Gonzo was elite and forced an errant throw to first allowing Georgia to take the lead. The rest is history, as Collins smashed a double to add 2 more insurance runs.

7) Putting Toetz into the game might have been the move that changed Georgia’s fate. If Georgia is going to prioritize bats then you just can’t play Dillon Carter IMHO. And I don’t think Dillon Carter’s OF play is good enough to put him in the lineup.

8) Speaking of the OF: You can’t gloss over the continued OF struggles. You can argue those miscues were just difficult plays, the sun, etc. Those are just excuses because other teams make those plays. It’s not like our guys haven’t played at 6pm in the sun before. Moving forward I much prefer Toetz, Chadwick, Goldstein. It’s not an elite OF but it might be the best Georgia can field.

9) How appropriate is it that the final out was Condon to Collins?

10) Kolby Branch is the most dangerous 9-hole hitter in college baseball.

I’ll stop there and let others add their thoughts.

That was a game for the ages and it was great to send that weasel Danny Hall home to Atlanta And I got to experience The Stroke in person which was awesome. Looking at you @Finance Dawg

Let’s go sweep NC State 2-0 and get to Omaha so they can start those Foley renovations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News