ADVERTISEMENT

Toccoadog- My hat's off to your sister. I'm now thinking I wasn't

30Adawg

War Daddy
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2007
told what my highest speed was but rather, my best lap speed. So when I saw your sister did 160mph+, I suddenly felt low on testosterone. My best lap speed was 138.

First time on a nascar/track and what I did, I learned in 8 laps. Looking forward to going back to better my speed. maybe I got up to 168 or so...don't know. But your sister sounds as though she had some experience. GATA.

This road course has me pumped. Although the most difficult to drive, I think I'm going to pick the Porsche. I've had thoughts about buying a used one so now is the time to understand how much better they handle since it has a ton of mitigation technology built in to keep the back in...in the back. 15+ years ago, they were a real challenge to keep pointed in the right direction. While the others are wild, only the audi is tempting.

The 160+ and 138 were done at AMS. The upcoming Porsche run

is at Atlanta Motorsports Park.

Re: The 160+ and 138 were done at AMS. The upcoming Porsche run

Ah, have done both. Will you be at the PCA gathering at Road Atlanta in two weeks? I work at the track part-time is why I ask.

Re: The 160+ and 138 were done at AMS. The upcoming Porsche run

Negotiating now....I had mentioned to wife I wanted to. So far, no hurdles ahead preventing me from going. Let me know how to meet up with you.

I'll be working one of the turns all three days, so hopefully you won't hit

the wall and have to meet up with me that way :)
I might have to find you, as we get closer to the dates let me know what you'll be in or a number or something. Maybe I can drop by during a break, or blue flag someone out of your way. Just don't make me come on track and rescue you.

Her fastest lap was in the 55-57 second range, which works out to about 160. Of course, daytona is a much longer track than the one at Disney so speeds are gonna be higher. Would love to go do the road course up near Atlanta too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT