ADVERTISEMENT

Today's example of COVID-19 contradiction and incompetence...

BigDaddyDawgBreath

Hairy Cooontex
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Now we are back to - again - that vaccinated people can spread the virus (something no one knows for sure yet because it was not included in the testing trials).

A few days ago it was "vaccinated people cannot spread it" (because they need that leg to stand on to coerce everyone else to get the vaccine).

Now it is "vaccinated people may be spreaders" (because that is apparently needed to keep people masking up).

And people wonder why no one trusts public health folks. Literally, they flatly contradict themselves on a weekly basis.

COVID-19 vaccines may reduce transmission, experts say, but vaccinated Americans still need to wear masks in public. Here's why. (msn.com)

They have always said they were collecting data on asymptomatic spread by vaccinated people. Spread risk is reduced but not eliminated. People need to understand that numbers can be driven down but it will take very high rates of vaccination to actually achieve herd immunity and end the pandemic. Conspiracy theorists and uneducated amateur medical experts don’t seem to get that. We have the opportunity to actually end the pandemic instead of trying to wish it away/

They have always said they were collecting data on asymptomatic spread by vaccinated people. Spread risk is reduced but not eliminated. People need to understand that numbers can be driven down but it will take very high rates of vaccination to actually achieve herd immunity and end the pandemic. Conspiracy theorists and uneducated amateur medical experts don’t seem to get that. We have the opportunity to actually end the pandemic instead of trying to wish it away/

I know that you didn’t just call him stupid.....right??

It’s a f*cking virus.

Case spread means nothing if the vaccines reduce serious outcomes by almost 100% for those who take them (trial data).

That means the only folks with negative outcomes will be unvaccinated who refuse informed consent.

That is when your right to get into my life is over.

Hint - that is right now in Georgia since the vaccine is open to all now. If you are vaccinated then your protection is complete and you should go back to living your life and quit concerning yourself with mine.

This is going to the chat, but whether or not you agree with their decision, making an economic impact is the entire point. Absolutely nothing ironic about it.
I know that you didn’t just call him stupid.....right??

I did not call him stupid but I wasexpressing.frustration on the narrative. Public health experts have made it pretty clear they’re trying to collect data on this subject and have been saying that for some time. Achieving herd immunity primarily through vaccination was always the stated goal. Cases are starting to rise in a lot of places so we’re clearly not there. Not directing that at the e OP but I know a lot of people who are cherry picking any information they see as saying they can move on when there is one thing that can really end this so we can stop having these conversations and that is for a very high percentage of people to get vaccinated.

I really wasn’t trying to insult the OP but public health is not being inconsistent. They are trying to get firm answers and they are being frequently taken out of context which leads to a lack of trust.

I did not call him stupid but I wasexpressing.frustration on the narrative. Public health experts have made it pretty clear they’re trying to collect data on this subject and have been saying that for some time. Achieving herd immunity primarily through vaccination was always the stated goal. Cases are starting to rise in a lot of places so we’re clearly not there. Not directing that at the e OP but I know a lot of people who are cherry picking any information they see as saying they can move on when there is one thing that can really end this so we can stop having these conversations and that is for a very high percentage of people to get vaccinated.

I really wasn’t trying to insult the OP but public health is not being inconsistent. They are trying to get firm answers and they are being frequently taken out of context which leads to a lack of trust.
Why am I being quoted in this?

Edit: Overall what you said was reasonable though. Science is always changing. No offense to OP, but criticizing science for changing a position is something Young Earth Creationist do.

Last edited:
Reactions: willdup
Why am I being quoted in this?

Edit: Overall what you said was reasonable though. Science is always changing. No offense to OP, but criticizing science for changing a position is something Young Earth Creationist do.
Thought science was not fluid, according to Libs. Its fluid for their narrative ie gender and climate change, that is settled science lol

Reactions: Spe77

fair enough..... but the “public health experts” & “science” is about as confusing as the news.

it’s as though you have to listen to both sides or one and make an informed decision on your own.

it all has become far too political, as though everyone is out for their own best interests.

but, it is “the same as it ever was”...it’s just become worse.

Now we are back to - again - that vaccinated people can spread the virus (something no one knows for sure yet because it was not included in the testing trials).

A few days ago it was "vaccinated people cannot spread it" (because they need that leg to stand on to coerce everyone else to get the vaccine).

Now it is "vaccinated people may be spreaders" (because that is apparently needed to keep people masking up).

And people wonder why no one trusts public health folks. Literally, they flatly contradict themselves on a weekly basis.

COVID-19 vaccines may reduce transmission, experts say, but vaccinated Americans still need to wear masks in public. Here's why. (msn.com)
If the vaccinated can be spreaders, shouldn't they all stay home and quarantined? They could have the virus with little to no symptoms (Thank you vaccine!) and therefore go out and spread it like wildfire to the masses.

How is the vaccine promoting herd immunity if you can still get the virus after vaccination, and you can still transmit the virus if you get it after vaccination? What am I missing? From what I can tell the stated purpose of the vaccine is to protect the vaccinated from death or significant recovery time if they got the virus.

And I'm being serious. Information on this is all over the place. But using my own eye and seeing what is actually happening to people tells me the above is true.

How is the vaccine promoting herd immunity if you can still get the virus after vaccination, and you can still transmit the virus if you get it after vaccination? What am I missing? From what I can tell the stated purpose of the vaccine is to protect the vaccinated from death or significant recovery time if they got the virus.

And I'm being serious. Information on this is all over the place. But using my own eye and seeing what is actually happening to people tells me the above is true.
Using your own eyes and brain to make rational decisions about your life....novel concept.

Reactions: Opus X Dawg
I’m implying it is an ironic stance by many.

How is it ironic? If you believe a fetus capable of surviving outside the womb ISN"T making a choice. Now, if you want to say a woman can elect to deliver a baby she no longer wants to carry but the med staff has to honor their oath and do no harm to a human life, you may swerve into irony.

Just an ironic statement. Sorry you are so bent out of shape about it.

Case spread means nothing if the vaccines reduce serious outcomes by almost 100% for those who take them (trial data).

That means the only folks with negative outcomes will be unvaccinated who refuse informed consent.

That is when your right to get into my life is over.

Hint - that is right now in Georgia since the vaccine is open to all now. If you are vaccinated then your protection is complete and you should go back to living your life and quit concerning yourself with mine.
What most are not aware of with the vaccine trials, was the outcome of the placebo group. The vaccine group showed a 99%+ efficacy rate in avoiding hospitalization/death. But, unreported, the placebo group receiving a saline shot suffered only around 0.1% worse outcome. Makes sense if you look at the pre-vaccine survival rate of 99%+. So why participate in a trial MAYBE putting your future health at risk, when the vax on healthy subjects provides so little added protection.

What most are not aware of with the vaccine trials, was the outcome of the placebo group. The vaccine group showed a 99%+ efficacy rate in avoiding hospitalization/death. But, unreported, the placebo group receiving a saline shot suffered only around 0.1% worse outcome. Makes sense if you look at the pre-vaccine survival rate of 99%+. So why participate in a trial MAYBE putting your future health at risk, when the vax on healthy subjects provides so little added protection.
Wow. Do you have a link to that? I would like to read it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT