ADVERTISEMENT

Trumps pick for VP could be the most important VP pick in decades..,

BlessedDawg

Diehard supporter
Jan 17, 2020
Choose the right person and you set up the GOP for the next 12 years. Historically presidents have chosen a safe non threatening VP that would not be a distraction. This year is different, Trump only has 1 more term and my hope is that he is looking long range and will pick someone to lead our nation after he’s out of office. There’s plenty of good safe choices but who is the one to truly make a difference and pick right up after Trump. My hope is Marco Rubio. He was the GOP rising star going in to 2016 until Trump came along. He’s now 8 years older and highly respected in the Senate, popular with the Spanish vote and would be ready to take the reins in 4 years. We don’t need another Pence, Palin, Ryan or Quayle. Can Trump choose someone that might take some of his media attention for the good of the party? I’m hoping that Rubio will help ease the fears of some voters that might be undecided.

I would be ok with DeSantis but he sure has been quiet lately. Not sure he’s even being mentioned as a possible VP.
Man I don’t know what to think about this. But I keep coming back to Ben Carson I don’t know why only that he is one of the smartest people I have seen. But is he politically smart enough to handle all of the bull that he will be subject to from the swamp beaurocrats and the Democrats. Also is he ruthless enough to get down and dirty too protect all the people of this country from the progressive agenda that is destroying our country.

Choose the right person and you set up the GOP for the next 12 years. Historically presidents have chosen a safe non threatening VP that would not be a distraction. This year is different, Trump only has 1 more term and my hope is that he is looking long range and will pick someone to lead our nation after he’s out of office. There’s plenty of good safe choices but who is the one to truly make a difference and pick right up after Trump. My hope is Marco Rubio. He was the GOP rising star going in to 2016 until Trump came along. He’s now 8 years older and highly respected in the Senate, popular with the Spanish vote and would be ready to take the reins in 4 years. We don’t need another Pence, Palin, Ryan or Quayle. Can Trump choose someone that might take some of his media attention for the good of the party? I’m hoping that Rubio will help ease the fears of some voters that might be undecided.
I just don't think Rubio has the stones to stand up to the media and their dim partners. DeSantis does. He would be my choice, but I don't think he's under consideration.

• Love
Reactions: Lady43 and ugadoc
In my mind the tricky part for VP selection is who is going to execute the plan and not campaign for 4 years. Based on that criteria I would pick either JD Vance and don’t laugh, Don Jr. Vivek intrigues me and so does Byron Donald’s. There is so much to be done that Trump really needs someone to focus first on fixing Oatmeal brains mass derelict of duty

In my mind the tricky part for VP selection is who is going to execute the plan and not campaign for 4 years. Based on that criteria I would pick either JD Vance and don’t laugh, Don Jr. Vivek intrigues me and so does Byron Donald’s. There is so much to be done that Trump really needs someone to focus first on fixing Oatmeal brains mass derelict of duty
He is going to leave this country in such a mess it’s going to take both the Pres and Vice to straighten it out. Trump is going to need a smart one to help.

I’m not in Florida but I love what he’s done in that state. He removed some Soros DAs, held Disney accountable and straight up stopped th Palestine BS on college campus. He has America first values but I’m not convinced he wouldn’t spend his VP yeas campaigning instead of executing the plan. I pray he stays the course and his time comes though because he will do great

Viveek or Bergum wood be a good fit in that role.
Vivek is interesting to me. Smart, understands the issues. Question: does he have enough influence and does he have enough trust for those in power to follow and help him carry out America first policy. That’s what I don’t know. I think JD Vance has that respect. I think Vivek can have the same but he needs to put in a little more work

I really like DeSantis. He is Trump without the drama. Former military, family man who stands up for what he believes and what is right. He’s a phenomenal governor and would be an excellent VP and President. Put him in charge of closing the border and it will happen the same day!

Byron Donalds has old skeletons in his closet. We don’t need that. Of the names mentioned he’s my last choice.

Reactions: SprayTanDawg
Vivek is interesting to me. Smart, understands the issues. Question: does he have enough influence and does he have enough trust for those in power to follow and help him carry out America first policy. That’s what I don’t know. I think JD Vance has that respect. I think Vivek can have the same but he needs to put in a little more work
Good point. That was certainly an issue with Trump in his first term. Paul Ryan and Cocaine Mitch hated Trump and hindered him more than they helped. Hopefully the new gop leadership team will be more helpful in Trump's second term.

His VP choice will ultimately have no bearing on his election chances (people don’t vote on VP), but he would be stupid to pick an existing US Senator.

With two old guys I don't think this is true...but why stupid to pick a current senator?
The senate is currently 50-50 with dems having control with VP vote. Best case for pubs is that they eke out a small majority in the general election but several sitting pubs aren’t reliable on crucial issues. It doesn’t make sense to put an existing seat on the line.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
SMERCONISH.01.30.jpg

which is why he is likely to do it
Actually Scott might move the numbers for the black male vote (Detroit, Philly and Madison) so he is definitely in the running. I think Trump is all in for the the Black mail vote so thats why i think he may go with Scott. He or Cotton would be my pick. They both seem fairly grounded as compared to some of the other mentioned candidates. Cotton would destroy Harris in a debate not that would matter in any way. I think Scott could hold his own as well. The South Carolina and Ark Governors are Republican so they would appoint another Republican so i don't see that as being a big deal.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Don’t kid yourself. Florida is just as much a swing state as Georgia.
I think Rs best chance is the senate

pulling Rubio would be interesting
Actually Scott might move the numbers for the black male vote (Detroit, Philly and Madison) so he is definitely in the running. I think Trump is all in for the the Black mail vote so thats why i think he may go with Scott. He or Cotton would be my pick. They both seem fairly grounded as compared to some of the other mentioned candidates. Cotton would destroy Harris in a debate not that would matter in any way. I think Scott could hold his own as well. The South Carolina and Ark Governors are Republican so they would appoint another Republican so i don't see that as being a big deal.
Scott is a pantywaist.

Cotton is a congressman.

betting it will be Vance
I agree. Vance is from Ohio and can help solidify support within the Blue Wall states. Plus, he's a former Never Trumper who changed his mind about Donald Trump, particularly when he saw how the Left was so willing to trash the country in their efforts to stop him.

I think a large percentage of Trump's supporters were not enthused about a Trump Presidency in the beginning, myself included, but changed their minds when he dared to push back against the Left and the billionaire donor classes who pay their bills.

I can go with 1 & 2. My first pick would be Vance. That would help break that blue wall.

After that I don’t know who I would pick.
Burghum seems to be incredibly wealthy, so I don't think he would be susceptible to the lobbyists and donors tossing money around like drunken sailors on a weekend pass. I think Trump will probably have a nice cabinet position for him, but not likely to be the VP choice. I think Trump wants a fighter and I haven't seen those capabilities within Burghum yet

I get the adoration that some have with Vivek, he's smart, articulate, but he's a political neophyte and he still has to prove that he can be trusted. I don't think he's there yet and the impression I get is that Trump feels the same.
Like Burghum, Vivek will most likely have a cabinet position but something at a lower level that's minimally significant, particularly compared to others whom have established trust and have accumulated a bit more political capital...

Vivek stubbed his toe a few months ago with his position on defunding Israel. This could be considered a huge turn off with Trump's Evangelical base.

This circles back to the fact that Vivek is anamateur politician and he still has a lot to learn...

Last edited:
Reactions: Athens is Heaven
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT