ADVERTISEMENT

TV Commentators

New Coach HC

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2015
St. Simons Island
I watched some of the Iowa State - Louisiana game and from what I saw the announcers were ok. No mention of BLM or any of that other crap. Then I watched parts of the ND - Duke game and that was fine for a while. But now Mike Tirico just got up on his soapbox and played sociology professor - complete with video of the players marching. I think that I'm going to be keeping the remote with the mute switch close by when watching games this fall.

I watched some of the Iowa State - Louisiana game and from what I saw the announcers were ok. No mention of BLM or any of that other crap. Then I watched parts of the ND - Duke game and that was fine for a while. But now Mike Tirico just got up on his soapbox and played sociology professor - complete with video of the players marching. I think that I'm going to be keeping the remote with the mute switch close by when watching games this fall.

just three years ago he said this:

But these days, at a time when the nation is transfixed by a discussion of race relations, Tirico just doesn’t want to go there. He told me to say he was mixed race, and that was that.

“Why do I have to check any box?” he said. “If we live in a world where we’re not supposed to judge, why should anyone care about identifying?”

Besides, he added, “The race question in America is one that probably never produces a satisfactory answer for those who are asking the questions.”

Reactions: albanyga
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT