ADVERTISEMENT

UGA recruiting

fprex

Pocket Dogs - I always got a hot dog in my pocket
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2006
Reading an article from The Athletic that talks to Atlanta HS coaches and how college coaching staffs fare in the area. A few excerpts:

Kirby is damn good. He’s like a dog with a bone now. Relentless. Relentless. Even in the years I won’t have a kid even close to playing at Georgia, I’ll have four different Georgia coaches come by. And I finally asked, “No offense, but what are you doing here?”

Georgia coaches told me when they have recruiting meetings, he’ll send coaches on planes to L.A. or whatever but gives them a few high schools they need to stop by on their way to the airport in Atlanta. When a Georgia coach walks into a lunch room, people pay attention. And when he takes that damn helicopter and goes around, it matters. So did the deal when he wanted to hit 100 schools in the state of Georgia in one day after they won the national title. And once he goes after kids, he takes care of them when you talk to people.

It’s no question Kirby Smart. He’s a different breed when it comes to head coaches connecting with kids. The way he connects with kids when I see him talk to them and the way they light up when they see him come around. He’s the best, bar none.

Glenn Schumann from Georgia is probably one of the most honest recruiters you’ll ever meet.

(Georgia’s) Todd Hartley. When you look at the importance of the position now, being able to go out and get these guys is big. I know he’s retired now, but Will Muschamp was very good when he was an assistant. Travaris Robinson, he used to be down at Bama but he’s at Georgia now and does a great job.

There were a few others but these stood out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News