ADVERTISEMENT

Uh oh, from NYT, Rosenstein discussed invoking 25th amendment after Comey was fired.....

AgEngDawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Aug 29, 2001
It was a coup attempt.

Time for him to be fired and the people of this country to find out what really went on.

He wrote a letter and recommended Comey be fired !

I may be wrong and correct me if I am but I don't think he did. He wrote a note saying Comey was wrong to usurp Low-retta (the DOJ's) responsibility to decide whether or not to pursue criminal charges against the hildabeast.
He was surprised that the President used it as reasoning in part for firing Comey.
IMO Rosenstein is or has tried to be somewhat of a centrist in all this. The problem for him is, only those entirely loyal to the people will survive ultimately. He's trying to walk the fence between the swamp and the truth. That is going to bring him down.

Reactions: madmerf
Agree. He criticized Comey's handling of HRC, like you said. He did not recommend JC firing, at least that has not been reported publicly. He does seem to be a workplace chameleon. I never saw any of his testimony before congress. I heard he was arrogant, but never saw it. Strzok, on the other hand, appeared to be literally possessed during his testimony. Marlin or Winchester?

Reactions: madmerf
I may be wrong and correct me if I am but I don't think he did. He wrote a note saying Comey was wrong to usurp Low-retta (the DOJ's) responsibility to decide whether or not to pursue criminal charges against the hildabeast.
He was surprised that the President used it as reasoning in part for firing Comey.
IMO Rosenstein is or has tried to be somewhat of a centrist in all this. The problem for him is, only those entirely loyal to the people will survive ultimately. He's trying to walk the fence between the swamp and the truth. That is going to bring him down.

It was a scathing memo and quoted former DOJ officials claiming Comey's actions had damaged the FBI to a point where they may never completely recover. There is simply no way anyone that understands the context of the time could read RR's memo and conclude that Comey should be allowed to remain in power.

Focus on the last paragraph and last line. I'd say that was about as close to a recommendation to terminate as you can get without yelling fire the sum bich from the top of the White House.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...n-read-trump-sacks-fbi-director-a7727246.html

Last edited:
Agree. He criticized Comey's handling of HRC, like you said. He did not recommend JC firing, at least that has not been reported publicly. He does seem to be a workplace chameleon. I never saw any of his testimony before congress. I heard he was arrogant, but never saw it. Strzok, on the other hand, appeared to be literally possessed during his testimony. Marlin or Winchester?
Marlin 35 cal.

It was a scathing memo and quoted former DOJ officials claiming Comey's actions had damaged the FBI to a point where they may never completely recover. There is simply no way anyone that understands the context of the time could read RR's memo and conclude that Comey should be allowed to remain in power.
I know he inferred that Comey's conduct was irresponsible and damaging to the department. But did he say in that memo that Comey should be fired? I don't think he did because I know for sure that Rosenstein was surprised Trump used it as partial basis for the firing … or at least he claimed he was surprised.

I know he inferred that Comey's conduct was irresponsible and damaging to the department. But did he say in that memo that Comey should be fired? I don't think he did because I know for sure that Rosenstein was surprised Trump used it as partial basis for the firing … or at least he claimed he was surprised.

I linked the entire memo above but here is the last paragraph. I think the last sentence can't be interpreted as anything other than calling for a change in leadership.

"Although the President has the power to remove an FBI director, the decision should not be taken lightly. I agree with the nearly unanimous opinions of former Department officials. The way the Director handled the conclusion of the email investigation was wrong. As a result, the FBI is unlikely to regain public and congressional trust until it has a Director who understands the gravity of the mistakes and pledges never to repeat them. Having refused to admit his errors, the Director cannot be expected to implement the necessary corrective actions." RR

Reactions: benchwarmerdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT