ADVERTISEMENT

Uhm.... Otis Reese Twitter statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACCC needs to chill out. They’ve been a problem for quite a while. However, this bs Otis is trying to spew is downright comical. The only reason I can think of for us blocking his transfer would be to remain consistent to keep Mays from getting eligibility. I doubt UGA let’s this lie the way it’s been laid out. I wasn’t happy about what Fields did, but this is downright unacceptable. Screw him I hope he gets everything coming to him.

Not calling you out so please don’t take this the wrong way but I’ve seen this sentiment posted multiple times now and I genuinely wonder is this for real or is it another one of those Vent echo chamber things where something said once takes on a life of its own? It just seems so outlandish to me to make the accusation that UGA and/or its staff is a racist organization. That’s like going with the double nuclear option if you are a coach trying to negative recruit against us. It would also seem to me to say more about the person making the accusation...you don’t use that kind of awfulness for your own personal gain without being some kind of messed up.

TLDR: I’m curious if there are any actual instances folks know if where this happened.
It’s a fair question to ask.

In all likelihood, there is very little direct accusations of racism or a racist environment. What there is certainly more of is subtle suggestion and “warning” about the environment here.

As I have said countless times, it’s all bull shit. Kirby Smart is the opposite of a racist. UGA and UGA football in particular are creators of great opportunities for young men and their families, a large number of whom are black.

giphy.gif

Yeah, Ole Miss is definitely the beacon of inclusivity.

And those comments took such a toll on Fields that his sister still plays for our softball team and he came back to campus to see the players, coaches, and watch a scrimmage.
To be fair, Kiffin has proven he will screw anyone.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
The people on this board are ridiculous. Obviously he's using this to get eligibility, but acting like racism isn't prevlanent at UGA is asinine. There's a student right now very publicly going to the EOO at UGA because of harassment by plenty of students, almost all in frats and sororities. We all know what Adam Sasser called Justin Fields. If you were a student at any point you knew that bars had racist dress codes, and then ACCPD was especially horrible toward African Americans.

Sure, he's using this to get immediate eligibility, and who knows if the manipulation by Kirby is true (let's hope not), but acting like he made up the racism at UGA is ridiculous. It's very divided by race, where similar ethnicities typically hang out with eachother, even to the point that there is "BUGA" or black UGA because black students do not feel welcomed by white students.

There are racially motivated events by Greek life every year, and they have no reason to stop because the administration will never try to disrupt them since many donations come from frat/sorority alums (the EOO case has to do with this). Let's not take this lightly because, coming from a minority UGA alum, it absolutely happens.

I mean, upside, if the dude was trying to air as much dirty laundry as he could to get a waiver, the Fields situation being the only thing related to the university that he had to mention is pretty good.

Kinda expected worse if we're being honest.

Reactions: KirbedEnthusiasm
The people on this board are ridiculous. Obviously he's using this to get eligibility, but acting like racism isn't prevlanent at UGA is asinine. There's a student right now very publicly going to the EOO at UGA because of harassment by plenty of students, almost all in frats and sororities. We all know what Adam Sasser called Justin Fields. If you were a student at any point you knew that bars had racist dress codes, and then ACCPD was especially horrible toward African Americans.

Sure, he's using this to get immediate eligibility, and who knows if the manipulation by Kirby is true (let's hope not), but acting like he made up the racism at UGA is ridiculous. It's very divided by race, where similar ethnicities typically hang out with eachother, even to the point that there is "BUGA" or black UGA because black students do not feel welcomed by white students.

There are racially motivated events by Greek life every year, and they have no reason to stop because the administration will never try to disrupt them since many donations come from frat/sorority alums (the EOO case has to do with this). Let's not take this lightly because, coming from a minority UGA alum, it absolutely happens.
Yup

Referring the Field situation just shows it shouldn’t be taken seriously. He was probably told he could transfer and it wouldn’t be challenged if it wasn’t in the SEC.

Petty and sad. The way the Fields played the transfer hurts us again.

This can NOT be good for recruiting. That’s the only thing thT worries me honestly, I find some of his statements hard to believe especially considering he transferred to OLE Miss of all places

Reactions: aadco
Another can of gasoline on the fire that is the narrative being used against UGA recruiting right now.

Kirby needs to win a title with all of the number one classes currently on campus, because it’s going to get harder for us to pull that level of talent.
So I suppose that the fact that 70% of the team is black means nothing?

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq

Wish I could respond the way I want to but I’ll just say BS... this country has never been more free than it is now and there has never been a society in the history of the world that has been more free than this country and esp now... not directing this at you And mean this with respect but I’m bout tired of people complaining about the greatest country in the history of man kind

It’s only shitty if it isn’t true. I hate to say I hope he’s lying, but I do.

Which part do you even doubt? All of the claims are either proven or probably true.

Adam Sasser screaming hard R's. Happened.

KA doing racist shit? Been happening since before I was born. On every campus in the SEC.

ACCPD pulling bullshit? Regardless of whether it happened you best believe everyone I knew thought they were while we were in school.

Kirby convincing a student who wants to quit to keep playing? I'd expect that.

Kirby denying the transfer request? Not surprised since he went to an SEC school.

But does combining all of those unrelated things to spin a narrative that makes it more likely you'll get a transfer make you shitty?
IDK, probably.

We had our guys supporting him on Twitter 3 days ago, seems like spinning this narrative would hurt those guys as much as it does anyone.

I believe Otis. The same thing happened to a neighbor boy. He had just graduated UGA. He had not been drinking. He is white and now an Orthopedic Surgeon. Athens police are not like the rest of the state.

Really? You really know this? And, it’s like “ the whole rest of the state”. Just stfu.

Which part do you even doubt? All of the claims are either proven or probably true.

Adam Sasser screaming hard R's. Happened.

KA doing racist shit? Been happening since before I was born. On every campus in the SEC.

ACCPD pulling bullshit? Regardless of whether it happened you best believe everyone I knew thought they were while we were in school.

Kirby convincing a student who wants to quit to keep playing? I'd expect that.

Kirby denying the transfer request? Not surprised since he went to an SEC school.

But does combining all of those unrelated things to spin a narrative that makes it more likely you'll get a transfer make you shitty?
IDK, probably.

We had our guys supporting him on Twitter 3 days ago, seems like spinning this narrative would hurt those guys as much as it does anyone.

I can't help but appreciate the irony of claiming a racist culture and then transferring to Ole Miss.

Not a tall tale imo, just creatively framing a bunch of separate incidences to establish a 'pattern'.

Everything he said probably 'happened' but just would be described differently by someone not trying to convince the SEC to grant eligibility.
I'd like to hear more about the ticket and citation. I'd also like to hear from the witness (teammate) to the 2nd incident.
Something seems off here.

I rarely weigh in on former players, especially when it paints them in a negative way. But let me be brief:

Otis, while a decent kid when at UGA, is a liar. The picture he paints of the university and CKS could not be further from the truth. There’s more here than is being discussed publicly with Otis, and I’ll leave it at that.

Keep in mind, there’s a reason neither the NCAA or SEC has given him approval, and based on the deeper details, I expect it to stay that way. Kid is in for some major trouble with unfounded accusations such as these.

Go Dawgs!

Wish I could respond the way I want to but I’ll just say BS... this country has never been more free than it is now and there has never been a society in the history of the world that has been more free than this country and esp now... not directing this at you And mean this with respect but I’m bout tired of people complaining about the greatest country in the history of man kind

just because you're the best doesn't mean you can't continue to improve

i highly doubt your account.....everyone can pick out a situation ...doesn’t mean it is systemic
I believe the cop story and not the first time I've heard such either. When UGA allowed the criminology students (some of whom were/are Georgia NG or former MP's) to ride along with UGA cops things became very "aggressive" in The AHN. My son was harassed .... on two separate occasions without cause. He has a serious intestinal health issue and could not touch alcohol yet the cops tied to charge him. That POS Jimmy Williamson still owes my son an apology after the AHN solicitor dropped charges as they were bogus.

Its amazing its never any starters that are just ready to get out of Athens because the atmosphere is so bad. Its always someone who isn't getting the playing time they think they're owed.....smh
Hate the way it reflects on UGA and adds fuel to the "recruiting world" fires.

It is very troubling to me that every time someone doesn’t get what they want they throw out the race card. The bad language was not directed at Otis but to Fields (and even Fields didn’t hear it). He is desperately trying to make a case to be eligible. I doubt if it happens. If UGA grants Otis what he wants then they have to give Cade Mays his eligibility as well due to our “toxic?” enviroment.

I wonder how Otis is going to feel when he sees all the Confederate flags and people cheering for the Rebels. Ole Miss fans do not call their team the Bears.

UGA may not be perfect but we are light years ahead of Mississippi.

Reactions: Dabfa2269

Watching the aftermath of the Fields deal and being on here the last several months really opened my eyes to what people really think versus what I thought were their thougths. I've never felt this way in my life, but for the first time I feel hopeless and less trusting of smiling faces anymore. The responses in this thread alone is a bad look imo and really supports Reese's accusations of his unpleasant experience in Athens. And like Fields, he's gone from a coveted player that earned a nickname on here, to a pariah just like that. I've never understood how someone can tell someone else what they experienced or not. Crazy...and this probably never comes out had he just been released to transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT