ADVERTISEMENT

Van Morrison Announces three Protest Songs Against Lockdown

Spe77

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2017
Tallahassee
Van Morrison has always been one of my favorite songwriters.

Van Morrison is releasing three new tracks in response to the ongoing UK government lockdown restrictions.

Born To Be Free, As I Walked Out, and No More Lockdown are songs of protest which question the measures the Government has put in place. Morrison makes it clear in his new songs how unhappy he is with the way the Government has taken away personal freedoms.

Morrison says;
““I’m not telling people what to do or think, the government is doing a great job of that already. It’s about freedom of choice, I believe people should have the right to think for themselves.” ”
The singer-songwriter, who is campaigning for performance venues to open at full capacity again, feels strongly that lockdown is in danger of killing live music. Without a date for reopening fully in 2020, many venues will shut down for good.

The three tracks will be available for download and streaming only from selected outlets.

Born To Be Free is released on Friday September 25
As I Walked Out is released on Friday October 9
No More Lockdown is released on Friday October 23

Live music was banned completely when the lockdown was imposed in March. It has been possible for indoor live music performances to take place with socially distanced audiences since August 1. But very few gigs have taken place in the UK and most venues remain shut.

Morrison will debut the new tracks later this month at his upcoming shows in the London Palladium.

Van Morrison is releasing three new tracks in response to the ongoing UK government lockdown restrictions.

Born To Be Free, As I Walked Out, and No More Lockdown are songs of protest which question the measures the Government has put in place. Morrison makes it clear in his new songs how unhappy he is with the way the Government has taken away personal freedoms.

Morrison says;

The singer-songwriter, who is campaigning for performance venues to open at full capacity again, feels strongly that lockdown is in danger of killing live music. Without a date for reopening fully in 2020, many venues will shut down for good.

The three tracks will be available for download and streaming only from selected outlets.

Live music was banned completely when the lockdown was imposed in March. It has been possible for indoor live music performances to take place with socially distanced audiences since August 1. But very few gigs have taken place in the UK and most venues remain shut.

Morrison will debut the new tracks later this month at his upcoming shows in the London Palladium.
There are plenty of Trump rallies that would be available to him if he wants a live venue.

There are plenty of Trump rallies that would be available to him if he wants a live venue.
I like Van's music and love that he is making a stand against government taking away his livelihood.
Hope he goes platinum with his music.
As a sidenote, I think "Into the Mystic" was a masterpiece...jmho.

Morrison says;

And as any boat captain with girls on board knows, he’s gotten thousands of us laid after playing into the mystic. Here’s to you, Van. Respect.

Unchained Melody...Righteous Bros is right there
But not in a group setting. The genius of Mystic is that it’s a song that girls will party and sing along to, as well as a take it to the hoop song. For my money, with the possible exception of Purple Rain, Into the Mystic is the most versatile panty dropper of all time.

But not in a group setting. The genius of Mystic is that it’s a song that girls will party and sing along to, as well as a take it to the hoop song. For my money, with the possible exception of Purple Rain, Into the Mystic is the most versatile panty dropper of all time.
Agreed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT