ADVERTISEMENT

Was mowing the front pasture today, when I scared up a newborn . . .

SLC_Dawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2015
Fawn, it was the size of a large cat with much longer legs. Momma came charging out of the hedgerow and guided it to safety. We’ve had up to six of the in one year so I know there’s more of them, and so I’ll leave large swaths of the field I mowed. This one was less than 200’ from my front door.

Fawn, it was the size of a large cat with much longer legs. Momma came charging out of the hedgerow and guided it to safety. We’ve had up to six of the in one year so I know there’s more of them, and so I’ll leave large swaths of the field I mowed. This one was less than 200’ from my front door.
Cool!

Been working in the woods for 39 years. The scaredest I have ever been was in May 1985 or 86. I was cruising timber near Lake Oconee and went to measure a tree diameter. There was a fawn at the base of the tree I didn't see. I stepped on her and the fawn went "bbbaaaa" like a sheep or goat. I jumped 10 feet in the air. Lololol 🤣 😂. We scared the hell out of each other.

I have stepped all over rattlesnakes over the years and never been that scared 🤣

Last edited:
I was a teenager hunting in TX with my family one year. Got up early in my stand, waited until 8-9ish and then started "stalking". Found a nice field with tall grass and laid down. I fell asleep and woke up (guessing an hour later) and when I sat up, 4 fawns bolted within a couple of feet of me.

When we bought our first house, my wife and I were working in the yard. She was clipping some shrubs around the foundation and I had my back turned to her out in the front year. She lets out a blood curdling scream and runs to me. I thought she’d been attacked. Her voice is shaking and she says something n the bush moved. I went to look and she’s shaking and a step behind me. I pulled back the branches of the shrub… Baby rabbit. LoL. I’ve never let her forget it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT