VIDEO WATCH: Chaz Chambliss and Dylan Fairchild

Patrick Garbin

Pillar of the DawgVent
Staff
Sep 24, 2015
Bishop, GA
CHAZ CHAMBLISS

0:00 – Ties to Mississippi State

0:20 – Do players notice the fan engagement?

0:56 – How close is the team to “cutting it loose"?

1:43 – What stands out on Chris Cole?

2:18 – How does the team balance their goals week-to-week?

On his history with Mississippi State...

"Both of my parents went to Mississippi State. Half of my family either cheers or went or graduated from Mississippi State."

On being close to "cutting it lose"...

"It means trusting in your preparation, trusting your teammates, and knowing that you can just go full out speed without having to worry about if you did his job or that I needed to do this or that. It is all about the preparation and trust in your preparation or teammates."

On peaking at the end...

"We're only five games in right now, going on six, and I feel like the more we play, the more you connect as a defense and trust in each other."

===================================

DYLAN FAIRCHILD

0:00 – How has the team adjusted to the offensive line injury

0:33 – What does it mean to the offense when a running back catches to ball?

1:05 – How did you rate how Drew Bobo did in his first start last Saturday?

1:35 – Where do you think the team is it at as in hitting its full stride?

2:06 – Why the success on third down?

2:46 – Mindset on the team and its balance

3:26 – Are players aware of the crowd noise at home?

4:09 – What stands out on Mississippi State’s team?

4:43 – What is the feeling when you see the scores from other games in the conference?

On adjusting to offensive line injuries...

"I would just say next man up mentality. I think our whole team has got injuries all over the board and you just have to approach it with the next man up mentality and just keep rolling."

On Drew Bobo starting at center...

"I'm so proud of Drew, he did such a good job stepping up. I told him this offseason I was like Drew there's going to be a day like you're going to have to, I'm telling you I just knew it. I don't know how I knew it; I knew it in my heart. I just knew that he was going to have to step up and he did, and he did a great job and all of us are so proud of him. Me and Jared were talking about it yesterday, just so proud of him for stepping up and doing a great job."

On the offensive line's current status...

"I wouldn't say we've hit our full stride. You want to hit your stride like midway through the year, you know. You want to really start to pick it up right now, as these games go on. That's our goal is to just keep chopping, keep rolling, keep getting better, so that we can hit our stride right now in these upcoming games."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.