ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO WATCH: Nazir Stackhouse and Cash Jones

Patrick Garbin

Pillar of the DawgVent
Staff
Sep 24, 2015
Bishop, GA
NAZIR STACKHOUSE

0:00 – What are you able to do to be able to stay on the field for such a physical position?

0:57 – What do you remember about former Bulldog Bill Norton?

1:28 – What does Tray Scott mean to you?

2:06 – What has the journey been like for you at your time and Georgia and what is the future like?

3:16 – Talk about Ellis Robinson

4:06 – What stands out on Texas’ running game?

4:41 – Do players focus on being the underdog for the first time since 2021?

5:13 – How does playing Alabama and Kentucky on the road prepare you for this week?

5:50 – What has been the key for this defensive line room to play with so many injuries?

6:38 – What do you think about Texas’ offense and is there a comparison of Quinn Ewers and Carson Beck?

7:41 – What has stood out on Xzavier McLeod?

On his durability, staying on the field...

"Regardless of the circumstances, I try to do whatever it takes to get into practice even if something hurts, or an injury is aging me. I always try to fight to stay in practice. It might seem that way from the outside, but my availability has always been something important to me. So even if it's a couple of reps or more reps in practice, I always like to fight to stay in and practice with the guys."

On facing former Georgia player Bill Norton on Saturday...

"Bill was always a guy who wanted to learn more and become a better player on the field. From what I can remember, we had a really deep room full of guys, and Bill was just one of those guys who was just itching to get on the field and just be a better player. It's great to see him at a program that is familiar to our play, and he's doing big things there as well."

On Tray Scott’s impact on the defensive line group…

“Tray Scott has a big impact on just my performance and my technique, he definitely helped me with my confidence on the field. I’ve only built up that confidence from my freshman year to now. Listening to his philosophies and his way of the game and his passion for it just helps me play for him harder as well as Kirby Smart.”

============
CASH JONES

0:00 – How excited on going back to Texas?

0:27 – How would you describe Texas high school football?

0:53 – What is the key of having a good ground game this weekend?

1:15 – What has Dillon Bell brought to this offense and his leadership?

1:41 – Do you have connections to Texas or Texas A&M or other Texas schools?

2:35 – What is the key in a running back to being a good pass protector?

3:13 - What is it like that you were part of the Georgia team at an elite level and now playing Texas is at an elite level?

4:08 – Do you have opportunities to play at a Texas school and why Georgia?

4:34 – Where do you think Georgia’s run game is at?

5:11 – What are we looking at when we look at Trevor Etienne?

6:04 – Any barbeque recommendations in Texas?

On playing against Texas…

“I’ll definitely have a lot of family at that game. I’m excited to be in Texas, but it’s just another game for us, we’re going to focus on what we’ve been focusing on so far and do our best to win the game.”

On his experience playing high school football in Texas…

“Personally, I feel like Texas high school football is the hardest to play in just because of the big stadiums, fans getting into it and it’s like a cult out there. It’s different from everywhere else but it’s going to be a good atmosphere on Saturday and I’m excited.”

On keys against Texas’ run defense…

“Good communication, coach Bobo (Mike) and coach Smart (Kirby) are going to put us in the best situation possible to win. We’re going to trust the process and stay on our assignments as best as we can.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.