ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Band of Brothers for probably 1000x

MonolithicDawgX

Three-Peat Enthusiast
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
If you served, Thank God for your service, and I hate how the leftists in this country think that your sacrifice was wasted. But those of us who love freedom, the American Spirit, and capitalism, salute you for your service.

Funny, in the 80s as I got out of HS, no wars, no plans for the military, so I just didn't get why go to the military instead of college. Looking back, I've always wondered what my life would've been like, but because of my son, I'd never give it up now to go back.

The only thing about Band of Brothers that bothers me, but I also think works, is Ross from Friends at Currahee. Too fresh from Friends, but he was so unlikable on Friends as well, so thats why it works. But I would've liked a true hardass actor in that role, not a smarmy smartass/wannabe hardass. But everything else was perfect. Just a great miniseries.

If you served, Thank God for your service, and I hate how the leftists in this country think that your sacrifice was wasted. But those of us who love freedom, the American Spirit, and capitalism, salute you for your service.

Funny, in the 80s as I got out of HS, no wars, no plans for the military, so I just didn't get why go to the military instead of college. Looking back, I've always wondered what my life would've been like, but because of my son, I'd never give it up now to go back.

The only thing about Band of Brothers that bothers me, but I also think works, is Ross from Friends at Currahee. Too fresh from Friends, but he was so unlikable on Friends as well, so thats why it works. But I would've liked a true hardass actor in that role, not a smarmy smartass/wannabe hardass. But everything else was perfect. Just a great miniseries.

Yeah but the joke was, he couldn't read a map to save his life. Literally. That's why he stayed and trained, and they went. He did a damn good job at that.

Weird thing i just noticed is there is extremely similar music between BoB and Downton Abbey. Maybe the same? Weird.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT