ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Kirby’s press conference from yesterday…..

easychair

UGA LOVER
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2003
reminded me of what Nick Saban said about him a few years ago, regarding Kirby’s competitive nature. When KS was an assistant at Alabama, they played pick-up basketball games at lunchtime, called the NBA (Noon Basketball Association). Someone asked how they were going to divide the teams, and Saban said, “It doesn’t matter to me as long as Kirby is on MY team!” Saban wasn’t referring to Kirby‘s basketball talent; he was referring to Kirbys, competitiveness, toughness, passion and tenacity.

During yesterday’s press conferences, all of these character traits are very evident. It gives us great assurance to know that we have the right man in charge, and that the UGA football program could not be in better hands than Kirby Smart’s. Any problem areas will be identified, dealt with quickly and resolved. If, for instance, KS believes that the NIL/portal is becoming a liability for UGA, he will adapt and implement a new strategy. I am fully confident that he will do whatever it takes, within the rules, to assure that UGA will continue be elite. Go Kirby and go. DAWGS!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.