ADVERTISEMENT

We are the bottom team in the top half of the SEC.

MooseHumperDawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 10, 2018
Kalispell, MT
Bama, Aub, Tenn, FL and LSU have all hoisted the hardware in the past 39 years. We vastly overrate our program. We have only been relevant once in 40 years, and between our idiot coach, who got usthere with Richt's players, and the cheating refs, we choked that one away. We will not have a second chance under that low-IQ, bad eye for talent, stuck in the 90s idiot. Period. Ain't gonna happen.

Kirby sucks and any fan that wants him as our coach or thinks we are anything except the bottom of the top half needs a fresh set of these:

Mickey-Mouse-ears.jpg

I’m as frustrated as anyone that we have not won enough conference and national championships when we have had the opportunity. An analysis that was presented this week proved what we already knew: UGA is the leading under-performer since 2000 given our relatively very high recruiting level. Conversely, Clemson is the leading over-achiever with their relative recruiting level since 2000.

However, I beg to differ with those that malign our program and our place in college football history. UGA is one of the top college football programs of all time period.

Check it out:
http://www.winsipedia.com/georgia

Reactions: benchwarmerdawg
Bama, Aub, Tenn, FL and LSU have all hoisted the hardware in the past 39 years. We vastly overrate our program. We have only been relevant once in 40 years, and between our idiot coach, who got usthere with Richt's players, and the cheating refs, we choked that one away. We will not have a second chance under that low-IQ, bad eye for talent, stuck in the 90s idiot. Period. Ain't gonna happen.

Kirby sucks and any fan that wants him as our coach or thinks we are anything except the bottom of the top half needs a fresh set of these:

Mickey-Mouse-ears.jpg
That Monken guy gonna fly in to Ben Epps from Cleveland any minute, take the headsets away from Kirby and Coley, transform our offense to the '07 Patriots. Won't be long until we're 3rd or 4th in the top half.

Whydahell they name our airport after a Teckmite?

Moose, maybe I am not understanding what you are saying, I normally find myself agreeing whole heartedly with you. However, if your post is to be taken literally, we will most assuredly have to disagree. The program is better with Kirby, is on the way up, and he will get one sooner than later. It takes having the exact right group at the exact right time. A few thoughts, 1. It took the great satan 8 yrs of head coaching to win one. 2. If the officiating had been just a little more balanced we would have beaten bama in 17.3. Lots of early departures at the wrong positions cost us this yr. 4. The offence may be better in 2020 and the defense will be better.

Cheer up and enjoy the ride.

If I misunderstood your post, please forgive my ignorance.

Moose, maybe I am not understanding what you are saying, I normally find myself agreeing whole heartedly with you. However, if your post is to be taken literally, we will most assuredly have to disagree. The program is better with Kirby, is on the way up, and he will get one sooner than later. It takes having the exact right group at the exact right time. A few thoughts, 1. It took the great satan 8 yrs of head coaching to win one. 2. If the officiating had been just a little more balanced we would have beaten bama in 17.3. Lots of early departures at the wrong positions cost us this yr. 4. The offence may be better in 2020 and the defense will be better.

I agree, but there is something wrong in the O coaching he has GOT to fix. There is player discontent with the scheme which was starting to go public. We have 5 O starters going early. A Bandaid is not going to work, imo. LSU's passing game coordinator came from an NFL offense; ours came from Vandy, and our passing attack never looked coordinated.

A buddy was texting me about Kirby's lack of staff changes and flexibility and I blew a gasket. I woiuld probably delete the thread if it didn't already have replies......I ain't thrilled, but we could be a lot worse off.

A buddy was texting me about Kirby's lack of staff changes and flexibility and I blew a gasket. I woiuld probably delete the thread if it didn't already have replies......I ain't thrilled, but we could be a lot worse off.
I hope Kirby's next hire is not a special teams coach. I would regard that as a bad sign.

Mickey-Mouse-ears.jpg
Yea if you believe the only measure of a program is winning a NC
you are are idiot but if you really believe your post there no doubt

I agree, but there is something wrong in the O coaching he has GOT to fix. There is player discontent with the scheme which was starting to go public. We have 5 O starters going early. A Bandaid is not going to work, imo. LSU's passing game coordinator came from an NFL offense; ours came from Vandy, and our passing attack never looked coordinated.
Look pretty good the in the last game

Yea if you believe the only measure of a program is winning a NC
you are are idiot but if you really believe your post there no doubt

Point out a single inaccuracy in my post. The facts are 100% correct. The criteria for success is purely subjective. Some fans are satisfied with a winning record. Some with winning the east. Some with SEC titles. I choose to measure success by MNCs. It's not my fault that the dawgs make my argument accurate.

A higher standard makes me an idiot? No wonder we are inferior.

Point out a single inaccuracy in my post. The facts are 100% correct. The criteria for success is purely subjective. Some fans are satisfied with a winning record. Some with winning the east. Some with SEC titles. I choose to measure success by MNCs. It's not my fault that the dawgs make my argument accurate.

A higher standard makes me an idiot? No wonder we are inferior.
Only the first sentence of your original post is accurate. The rest of your post is wrong, and that is why I responded with a link that measures the historic success of our football program using many metrics.

Mickey-Mouse-ears.jpg

I agree with everything in this post, but I dont say it out loud very often.

I was not here. We did not speak.
I am folding space.

Reactions: MooseHumperDawg
Only the first sentence of your original post is accurate. The rest of your post is wrong, and that is why I responded with a link that measures the historic success of our football program using many metrics.

Jack I am using MNCs as a yardstick to support my position. You are looking at different criteria.

One could argue that we are the 10th best team in the SEC based on per-game completions to TEs and successfully support it if statistically true.

I started the thread because I am sick of other teams getting the hardware. The fact that not one dawg fan on here agrees with my ranking criteria actually explains the lack of a MNC.

Edit: an unnamed dawg fan who has left the room did in fact agree with my post.

Last edited:
Jack I am using MNCs as a yardstick to support my position. You are looking at different criteria.

One could argue that we are the 10th best team in the SEC based on per-game completions to TEs and successfully support it if statistically true.

I started the thread because I am sick of other teams getting the hardware. The fact that not one dawg fan on here agrees with my ranking criteria actually explains the lack of a MNC.

Edit: an unnamed dawg fan who has left the room did in fact agree with my post.
We took a very apparent step back last year, despite winning 12 games. Often you have to ignore the numbers and go solely with the eye test. Our offense looked buggered up in every respect. We were probably the most potent team in the country at the end of CKS' second year. As said, he and the refs screwed us out of the hardware. He took his foot off their necks, the refs were paid off. Credit to Tua. Then, in 2018, we had a potentially great season but got beat in the 4th quarter of the SECCG. Then came the disastrous attitudinal loss in the Sugar to start 2019.

We lost a lot of players during 2019. But there was more wrong than that. Both the running and passing games seemed unsophisticated, unpolished, uncreative. Player discontent was manifesting itself on national TV. Fromm wanted the plays, but had to stand there waiting. Swift wanted the ball outside, but had to keep hitting the wall. BH35 was headed to the lockers until a coach stopped him. Kirby cussed everybody like yard dogs in front of their mommas. Fromm looked un-coached, his mechanics and reads deteriorated. The vaunted O line was average. The passing game looked unplanned, spastic at times.

In general, we did not look like a well-coached O to me. Needs fixing, but CKS deserves a chance to get it fixed. The next hire will tell the story, imo.

Hey Moose, I’m with you in your frustrations, believe me. I just don’t throw the baby out with the bath water and damn the whole kit and kaboodle because of it.

The vast majority of college football programs and fans would gladly give their first born child, their left nut, and their neighbor’s mule to be where we are in the football world, both past and present.

UGA is second only to Bama in the number of SEC titles. We have a winning record against every past and present SEC foe except Bama and LSU. We have a winning record against just about everyone else that we have played multiple times. We have won conference titles in the 20s (Southern Conference), 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 2000s, and 2010s. We are no flash-in-the-pan program.

Up until Allbarn won the national title with Scam Newton, they had not won one since about 57. (News flash: they cheated both times.) LSU was in about the same boat until they won a piece of one under Saban.

I am extremely proud to be a Dawg through and through, and I’m excited about the future under Kirby. Football is a total team effort, and thus far he has barely missed only on that intangible team magic that is so very rare. I’m confident he will lead us a ver the top eventually.

And that’s another Bulldog Point of Pride sponsored by Wise Potato Chips.

We are on a 12-0 run against TN, FL, AU, and GT. Throughout our history, that kind of record would have yielded multiple championships. Unfortunately, we are also 0-4 against Bama and LSU during that time.

12-2 and a top four finish just doesn’t feel as good as it should, because we all know something or some things are missing. I think Duck captured the problems with his post above.

In general, we did not look like a well-coached O to me. Needs fixing, but CKS deserves a chance to get it fixed. The next hire will tell the story, imo.

His next hire was to fire Coley after SECCG and have a new OC in place by now. The only hire he did make seems like a good one so far but was forced by attrition.

It will play out on the field over the next couple of years. I have never seen a coach whose players openly rebelled have subsequent success.

Reactions: deadduckdawg
His next hire was to fire Coley after SECCG and have a new OC in place by now. The only hire he did make seems like a good one so far but was forced by attrition.

It will play out on the field over the next couple of years. I have never seen a coach whose players openly rebelled have subsequent success.
Yes, that's a real problem and seems to me that it would be a difficult one to reverse. IMO, first step should be to kick the organ grinder's leash sideline demeanor. It screams lack of discipline to me, maybe reflected in the team. But, I think that is just a surface problem.

Reactions: MooseHumperDawg
Yes, that's a real problem and seems to me that it would be a difficult one to reverse. IMO, first step should be to kick the organ grinder's leash sideline demeanor. It screams lack of discipline to me, maybe reflected in the team. But, I think that is just a surface problem.

Is it possible that CKS suffers from acute SPS? For pete's sake, don't let Waycross piss in any Athens urinals.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/anonymous/2014/05/8-signs-a-guy-suffers-from-sps-small-penis-syndrome/

Reactions: deadduckdawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT