ADVERTISEMENT

We Had Church Sunday Without required masks and social distancing!

It was a great day! About 60-70 % full, a few masks, red, yellow and green armbands were distributed so you tell how to treat each other with green being completely normal. Everyone was excited and it was awesome! Just had to share it.
Good deal! As soon as Trump said "if liquor stores and abortion clinics can be open so can churches" mine started going back. Been going since May with no issues.

The when and how a person is going to die was predetermined before the foundation of the Earth. Nothing anyone does will change that. And for those who haven't found their faith just think about how much more time you have here on Earth. Sooner or later everyone dies and will find out first hand if there is life after death. You won't be able to give a defense at your judgement. That's what Jesus will be doing for you. Read your Bibles. Pray for the wisdom to understand what you are reading and after your body expires your spirit can have life everlasting. The most terrifying thing you could hear after your spirit leaves your body and comes face to face with Jesus is for Jesus to say "Depart from me for I never knew you." And then you will think about the people you love still on Earth whom you may have led to the wrong path and to the same fate. He was sacrificed to make it as easy as possible to make it into Heaven. Remember the story of Lazarus and the rich man. After dying, all the rich man wanted to do was go back to warn his brothers and he was told that his brothers had the scriptures available and that was all they needed to find salvation. Life on Earth is short. Life after death is eternal. Heaven is 1000 times better than the human mind can imagine and Hell is 1000 times worse than the human mind can imagine. Also, if there isn't a creator than explain existence? How many years have they been wasting their time in Cern trying to prove the big bang theory? And something can't come out of nothing.

Just curious, yesterday was a beautiful day, why not meet outside and have folks sit six feet apart?

The when and how a person is going to die was predetermined before the foundation of the Earth. Nothing anyone does will change that. And for those who haven't found their faith just think about how much more time you have here on Earth. Sooner or later everyone dies and will find out first hand if there is life after death. You won't be able to give a defense at your judgement. That's what Jesus will be doing for you. Read your Bibles. Pray for the wisdom to understand what you are reading and after your body expires your spirit can have life everlasting. The most terrifying thing you could hear after your spirit leaves your body and comes face to face with Jesus is for Jesus to say "Depart from me for I never knew you." And then you will think about the people you love still on Earth whom you may have led to the wrong path and to the same fate. He was sacrificed to make it as easy as possible to make it into Heaven. Remember the story of Lazarus and the rich man. After dying, all the rich man wanted to do was go back to warn his brothers and he was told that his brothers had the scriptures available and that was all they needed to find salvation. Life on Earth is short. Life after death is eternal. Heaven is 1000 times better than the human mind can imagine and Hell is 1000 times worse than the human mind can imagine. Also, if there isn't a creator than explain existence? How many years have they been wasting their time in Cern trying to prove the big bang theory? And something can't come out of nothing.
Great post and non-believers are not understanding the importance of fellowship with other believers. When we praise God in song the Holy Spirit can be felt with everyone together praising his name in unison.

Great post and non-believers are not understanding the importance of fellowship with other believers. When we praise God in song the Holy Spirit can be felt with everyone together praising his name in unison.
Agreed, but let's always remember the hard part. As Christians we must show love to EVERYONE! There are no exceptions. I'm not saying be a doormat but the goal of Christians is to save souls from being devoured by Satan. You can't drag anyone to salvation and no one person can earn salvation. It has to be asked for and accepted by the individual. We have to find ways to make the lost realize that and being mean to them will not bring them closer to God. Only push them farther away.

Reactions: wooly_bugger
well, i guess you could lie on a train track and if it's your time, the train will come. If not, it's not.

The good lord gave you a mind to help you avoid unnecessary risks and navigate through its many perils. You might to try to use it.
No doubt! Remember Psalm 23. If you're just walking your path He will protect you. If you purposefully go looking for trouble you're on your own. Daniel wasn't devoured in the lion's den because he was thrown in against his will and had faith that God would protect him. If he went in there of his own accord he would have been lion chow.

Reactions: wooly_bugger
It was a great day! About 60-70 % full, a few masks, red, yellow and green armbands were distributed so you tell how to treat each other with green being completely normal. Everyone was excited and it was awesome! Just had to share it.
That is awesome. Sadly my church is still going the way of being terrified of it's own shadow.

Wouldn't part of that love be to not put your fellow man at great risk by infecting him with an infectious disease you caught by not taking reasonable precautions at church.
The when and how a person is going to die was predetermined before the foundation of the Earth. Nothing anyone does will change that.

The when and how a person is going to die was predetermined before the foundation of the Earth. Nothing anyone does will change that.

Disagree sir, people have a responsibility to not cause harm to their fellow man.

I assume you don't think it is ok for someone to shoot someone even if that shooting was pre-determined by God.

Let me guess you’re a member of ,church of Christ? Nothing wrong with y’all.

Disagree sir, people have a responsibility to not cause harm to their fellow man.

I assume you don't think it is ok for someone to shoot someone even if that shooting was pre-determined by God.
You put people at risk every time you drive, so please do the right thing and never leave your house.

Wouldn't part of that love be to not put your fellow man at great risk by infecting him with an infectious disease you caught by not taking reasonable precautions at church.
I don't agree with your definition of reasonable precautions. I am sure that most sane people if they felt ill or had a fever would stay home like we all have forever. Those are reasonable precautions...This behavior of being afraid of our shadows has got to stop. The Bible also tell us to fear not 365 times and Jesus healed the sick and lepers by laying hands on them. The spirit of fear has had a field day with the church and I am sick of it. There is no reason for healthy people to stay home and live in this ridiculous isolation.

Reactions: oldmandawg

I don't question God's plan, I'm just thankful for what He's given me. But as a Christian, God decides my fate and there isn't anything I can do about it.

Do you speak in tongues and handle poisonous snakes at your church?

I do not believe God wants you to take unnecessary risks that could cause harm to yourself or to others. He apparently isn't going to get in your way if you do either and become ill and/or die either. Meeting without masks or distancing was / is a very foolish thing to do. Hope your church is good at baking hams; you might need a couple.

glazed-baked-ham-vertical-a-1200.jpg

Why would you lie on the train track in the first place?
Why would you go to church and not use CDC guidelines? Not only can you get infected, you then give it to others.
At least in the train scenario it's only yo ass getting smashed.

Reactions: markedawg
I don't agree with your definition of reasonable precautions. I am sure that most sane people if they felt ill or had a fever would stay home like we all have forever. Those are reasonable precautions...This behavior of being afraid of our shadows has got to stop. The Bible also tell us to fear not 365 times and Jesus healed the sick and lepers by laying hands on them. The spirit of fear has had a field day with the church and I am sick of it. There is no reason for healthy people to stay home and live in this ridiculous isolation.
What is your definition of reasonable precautions?

Why would you go to church and not use CDC guidelines? Not only can you get infected, you then give it to others.
At least in the train scenario it's only yo ass getting smashed.
Faith means trusting in the Lord. If he wants me to come home, I'm going whether I like it or not. If he doesn't then I won't. It's a Christian belief. If it makes you feel better I social distance from those over 60 or with any pre-existing conditions. But I'm dying when God says I'm dying.

I do not believe God wants you to take unnecessary risks that could cause harm to yourself or to others. He apparently isn't going to get in your way if you do either and become ill and/or die either. Meeting without masks or distancing was / is a very foolish thing to do. Hope your church is good at baking hams; you might need a couple.
The Lord decides what harm is caused to people. It's just something I and other Christians believe. You're welcome not to.
glazed-baked-ham-vertical-a-1200.jpg

Agreed, but let's always remember the hard part. As Christians we must show love to EVERYONE! There are no exceptions. I'm not saying be a doormat but the goal of Christians is to save souls from being devoured by Satan. You can't drag anyone to salvation and no one person can earn salvation. It has to be asked for and accepted by the individual. We have to find ways to make the lost realize that and being mean to them will not bring them closer to God. Only push them farther away.
Absolutely, we need to be spreading the Gospel to those who do not know it (it's not a request from Jesus, it is demanded).
Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matt 4:19 NKJ

Reactions: Clay17
Faith means trusting in the Lord. If he wants me to come home, I'm going whether I like it or not. If he doesn't then I won't. It's a Christian belief. If it makes you feel better I social distance from those over 60 or with any pre-existing conditions. But I'm dying when God says I'm dying.
Have you ever been to the doctor when sick, or been vaccinated? If so, why? Just have faith.

ADVERTISEMENT