ADVERTISEMENT

Well I won’t be buying anymore Nike UGA gear. Great while it lasted.

I apologize for the ignorance...but what stance are y'all talking about?

Q38Ylz6.gif

From a pure business perspective, how do you all feel about Nike's decision? In other words, if we are measuring success of the decision purely by $ and Market Share, is this a good move? Honest question.

Try to remove emotion from the equation before answering.

Does this hurt them short term, but help long term? Only hurt both long and short term? Does alienating some consumers get completely washed away by the loyalty they gain from other consumers?

Reactions: D-rockksig10
From a pure business perspective, how do you all feel about Nike's decision? In other words, if we are measuring success of the decision purely by $ and Market Share, is this a good move? Honest question.

Does this hurt them short term, but help long term? Only hurt both long and short term? Does alienating some consumers get completely washed away by the loyalty they gain from other consumers?
I think it will hurt Nike just like NFL has been hurt.

I think it was a good business move. I know people are mad, but if Nike's abusive treatment of people and children in Vietnamese sweat shops did not make people stop buying Nike, neither will this. Yesterday, Nike was all that was talked about on social media, and as they say. all press is good press.

I apologize for the ignorance...but what stance are y'all talking about?

theyve come out with a full on campaign with Kapernick and I guess have been paying him a salary for awhile now until the campaign was launched.....all based on his kneeling for the anthem

I think it will hurt Nike. They should’ve learned from ESPN’s mistakes. MJ said it best when he said Republicans buy sneakers too.

Edit: that being said, I’ll still buy Nike stuff. So I’m probably wrong.

Positive in the long term I'd think based on track record of their marketing department and just how dominant they are on a global scale. I'm sure they ran the numbers on this.

Reactions: DawgFanInAR

If their intent was to get people upset about something that doesn't amount to a hill of beans, they did a good job. They rank right up there with the POTUS in that regard.

I think it will hurt Nike just like NFL has been hurt.

this is over blown.....the NFL went up by 900m from 2016 to 2017 and was probably more but they made a payout to the NFLPA
still it reached 14B last season....so I know some people feel not going ,due to a few players kneeling, is hurting the league but it isnt as much of the rev is from TV. The article did say that salary cap will get a bump from the new stadiums coming online.

Lol ok. So what’s your problem with him other than his race?

Here we go with the lame ass race card move.
He disrespected the flag which stands for all the men and women who have served and suffered to give him freedom. I don't care if he is white, black or green. He's a scumbag.
I don't care if you are white, black or green either. If you support it I think the same of you.

Here we go with the lame ass race card move.
He disrespected the flag which stands for all the men and women who have served and suffered to give him freedom. I don't care if he is white, black or green. He's a scumbag.
I don't care if you are white, black or green either. If you support it I think the same of you.
Nice. So I am currently Active Duty (15 years next month) but a scumbag because i support his constitutional rights? Gotcha

Seems to be a completely ridiculous move. Nike has sales close to 35 bil per yr. They choose to endorse a protest that around 50% of the country finds appalling. So if they experience a 10% boycott that comes to around 350 mil in lost sales in a yr.

Now, I don't think it's going to kill the company but there was really no need to wade into this mess. When you are dealing with incredibly wealthy protester that could gain access to almost any politician, there are much better ways to deal with an issue.

Nice. So I am currently Active Duty (15 years next month) but a scumbag because i support his constitutional rights? Gotcha
Then you should know better but instead you think it's the "black" thing to do. Race over country is where you are coming from.
The sad part is, the democRATs use this trash to keep you on the plantation … and you fall for it.

Thank you for your service but I have a question. Do you support his right to protest or do you support the manner in which he chose to protest? I completely support his right to protest but he doesn't have a right to commandeer NFL venues. I also don't think his right to protest insulates him from criticism of his actions or the exercise of free speech of others.

For example, I own a small business and one of my employees put a rebel flag tag on a company vehicle. I told him I didn't have any interest in his personal politics and our company was apolitical and would remain so. Did he have the right to continue making his statement using my property?

I think it was a good business move. I know people are mad, but if Nike's abusive treatment of people and children in Vietnamese sweat shops did not make people stop buying Nike, neither will this. Yesterday, Nike was all that was talked about on social media, and as they say. all press is good press.
Stocks down 3%

Reactions: Whosyodawgy
Thank you for your service but I have a question. Do you support his right to protest or do you support the manner in which he chose to protest? I completely support his right to protest but he doesn't have a right to commandeer NFL venues. I also don't think his right to protest insulates him from criticism of his actions or the exercise of free speech of others.

For example, I own a small business and one of my employees put a rebel flag tag on a company vehicle. I told him I didn't have any interest in his personal politics and our company was apolitical and would remain so. Did he have the right to continue making his statement using my property?

Who told him to stand? The fans? The league? I don’t see the connection. You told your employee to stop doing something. Which is your right...Kaps employer didn’t tell him to stand,
Correct? I support anyone’s right to protest...even the weirdo Westboro Baptist lunatics. I would never kneel for the flag, but that’s me. I just don’t understand why people make such a big deal about this, yet not be up in arms about the epidemic of child molestation in the Catholic Church.

Who told him to stand? The fans? The league? I don’t see the connection. You told your employee to stop doing something. Which is your right...Kaps employer didn’t tell him to stand,
Correct? I support anyone’s right to protest...even the weirdo Westboro Baptist lunatics. I would never kneel for the flag, but that’s me. I just don’t understand why people make such a big deal about this, yet not be up in arms about the epidemic of child molestation in the Catholic Church.
So, justify bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior. Gotcha!

I just don’t understand why people make such a big deal about this, yet not be up in arms about the epidemic of child molestation in the Catholic Church.

You don't think people are up in arms about the Catholic Church scandal? Heck, a cardinal just released about a 5000 word document citing abuses and demanded the Pope resign. I don't know anyone that doesn't want abusive priest to be prosecuted and victims compensated.

As I said, I have no problem with anyone protesting but I will criticize anyone that kneels, burns a flag or protests in a manner that deprives others of their rights or damages their property. Additionally, I think the Kaepernick protest is especially absurd because a group of professional athletes that wanted to make a difference could gain an audience with almost any pol and exercise real power. This manner of protesting is extremely divisive and actually puts a focus on the protest instead of a complex set of problems that result in unfortunate consequences.

Well there you go. Because its just not done. Want to protest do it on your own time, disrespect the flag ...fine....don't bitch when people PROTEST the disrespect . Again, WTF is he protesting anyway

You don't think people are up in arms about the Catholic Church scandal? Heck, a cardinal just released about a 5000 word document citing abuses and demanded the Pope resign. I don't know anyone that doesn't want abusive priest to be prosecuted and victims compensated.

As I said, I have no problem with anyone protesting but I will criticize anyone that kneels, burns a flag or protests in a manner that deprives others of their rights or damages their property. Additionally, I think the Kaepernick protest is especially absurd because a group of professional athletes that wanted to make a difference could gain an audience with almost any pol and exercise real power. This manner of protesting is extremely divisive and actually puts a focus on the protest instead of a complex set of problems that result in unfortunate consequences.
Good points and thanks for the civil back and forth

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
Only people offended by Nike and freaking out about it are old people, which accounts for a small portion of Nike's revenue. Wont hurt Nike all that much, just like every good NFL team will still have a packed stadium, and NFL will still be the highest rated programming on TV.

Reactions: MacGATA
ADVERTISEMENT