ADVERTISEMENT

We'll know a lot more next week. I'm still not giving up on this team playing elite football for four quarters

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
on both sides of the ball this year (or even 3 quarters).
Kentucky will be ranked next week. They will be coming off of an impressive win.

Will be no reason to overlook them.
My guess is we'll hear a lot of doubting this week even if everyone is scared to pick against us.
This team usually plays us tough for a half before we open up a nice lead in the second half.
The defense has been more concerning to me than the offense this year. I said this after week one and the people who were all over Beck and Bobo beat me to death over it.
But FCS teams generally get no rush whatsoever. UT Martin moved the ball a good bit.
The reason the College Football Nerd computer model had Auburn favored is because the overall team average per rush of the team's we played was less than what we gave up to those teams. Not to say that our rushing average given up was bad, but it was below average overall compared to the other teams our opponents have played.
We're not bad, but again. It's not elite. Trying to have a reasonable take on this. A balance between "The sky is falling. We'll lose to UK, UTK, UF, Mizzou and maybe Tech" and "Everything is fine. We'll roll the rest."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.