ADVERTISEMENT

Well, the slight of hand diversion started early

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
Let’s see, what could we do to change the narrative from a poor case against Trump by an openly liberal Dem DA?

Nothing speaks to CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and NPR more than an “Evil Trump ALT Right white supremest terrorist” white powder diversion.

It caught me off guard. I just figured they would expound on the Trump protestor theme. Those Trump hoodlums who burn cities and shoot police officers then burn their cars.

But no, they’ve gone full blown Jason Bourne in an episode of The Blacklist terrorist conspiracy mode.

This is so dang predictable. Seriously, who really sees Bragg as a threat?

The liberal mindset is to create chaos at all times. Diversions take the concentration off the point.

Did anyone really think Soros and media allow this guy to get embarrassed? Now he can be a martyr for the fight against Trump supremacy.

Dang we are a stupid lot.

Let’s see, what could we do to change the narrative from a poor case against Trump by an openly liberal Dem DA?

Nothing speaks to CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and NPR more than an “Evil Trump ALT Right white supremest terrorist” white powder diversion.

It caught me off guard. I just figured they would expound on the Trump protestor theme. Those Trump hoodlums who burn cities and shoot police officers then burn their cars.

But no, they’ve gone full blown Jason Bourne in an episode of The Blacklist terrorist conspiracy mode.

The liberal mindset is to create chaos at all times. Diversions take the concentration off the point.

Did anyone really think Soros and media allow this guy to get embarrassed? Now he can be a martyr for the fight against Trump supremacy.

That is right out of the democrats playbook. So predictable.Next, there will be faux outrage from all the commie news sites with some racial angle. This one has a fowl odor already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Athens is Heaven

Right, the liberal media made Trump call Alvin Bragg an animal and a psychopath and made Trump retweet a picture suggesting Trump was threatening a beat down with a bat. How did the liberal media get a hold of Trump’s social media account to cause all this chaos again?

I guess the liberal media was also responsible for the violence and chaos on J6 as well. Or perhaps all those people with Trump flags who have pleaded guilty to crimes were actually Antifa, right?

Powerful stuff, PW. World class projection.

Right, the liberal media made Trump call Alvin Bragg an animal and a psychopath and made Trump retweet a picture suggesting Trump was threatening a beat down with a bat. How did the liberal media get a hold of Trump’s social media account to cause all this chaos again?

I guess the liberal media was also responsible for the violence and chaos on J6 as well. Or perhaps all those people with Trump flags who have pleaded guilty to crimes were actually Antifa, right?

Tweets cause chaos? Oh my. We are so weak.

You mention Jan 6th.

Of course, there was July 18th, May 29th, May 27-30th, Aug 23rd.

In the year 2020 alone, riots, with fires and property damage in Atlanta, Saint Louis, Seattle, New York, Minneapolis, Chicago, Oakland, Denver, Washington, Philly, Trenton, Atlantic City, Boston, Louisville, Bakersfield, Columbus, Dallas, DeMoines, Detroit, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Phoenix, San Jose.

Portland alone endured “87 straight nights of protest.

January 6th in its entirety, was less than 3 hours.
January 6th was the only riot where police toured the rioters.

Over 30 police died in 2020 peaceful riots. None died in Jan 6th riots.

But we’ll just keep bringing up Jan 6th, where the impossible was invited in the front door.

Who invited them into Portland?

Just trying to see the point you are attempting to make Will…….

Tweets cause chaos? Oh my. We are so weak.

You mention Jan 6th.

Of course, there was July 18th, May 29th, May 27-30th, Aug 23rd.

In the year 2020 alone, riots, with fires and property damage in Atlanta, Saint Louis, Seattle, New York, Minneapolis, Chicago, Oakland, Denver, Washington, Philly, Trenton, Atlantic City, Boston, Louisville, Bakersfield, Columbus, Dallas, DeMoines, Detroit, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Phoenix, San Jose.

Portland alone endured “87 straight nights of protest.

January 6th in its entirety, was less than 3 hours.
January 6th was the only riot where police toured the rioters.

Over 30 police died in 2020 peaceful riots. None died in Jan 6th riots.

But we’ll just keep bringing up Jan 6th, where the impossible was invited in the front door.

Who invited them into Portland?

Just trying to see the point you are attempting to make Will…….
When you write it out in black and white like that, it sure is a rough comparison. Mostly peaceful is a phrase that was the biggest creation of the summer of love. And they wonder why jan 6th happened. Couldn’t have been a response from another event. No way. I am just more surprised no guns were brought. That to me is mind blowing. They had to find makeshift weapons like macgyver. These are the same people who wear carry permits like a badge.

Last edited:
PW, words matter and they always have. Suggesting they don't is ignorant to such an extent I'll assume you are trolling me when you suggest otherwise.

Your initial post accused the liberal media of inventing an issue to cover for a case that was falling apart in NY (false premise as we don't know the state of the NY case). You also stated the following:

"The liberal mindset is to create chaos at all times. Diversions take the concentration off the point."

I pointed to some recent inflammatory statements from the former Potus (which you chose to ignore) and used J6 as an example of the right creating chaos. And like my friend @zingerdawg, any mention of J6 leads to a reference to the riots of 2020 in retort.

A liberal mindset did not create the chaos of the summer of 2020. A video of a group of police brazenly murdering a guy for over eight minutes in front of a crowd recording it did. Yes, some protests absolutely turned into riots when some losers and criminals took the opportunity of protests to steal, loot and cause destruction. I hope every single looter was caught and punished. (BTW, fact check on the claim of thirty dead police. I can't find that statistic anywhere.)

That's not the same as J6, which was an expressly political event, organized and driven by DJT, with the publicly stated goal of preventing the certification of his opponent for POTUS. Remember, Trump repeatedly called on Pence to stop the certification and "do the right thing" and some of those that breached the Capitol were absolutely looking for Pence because he didn't do what Trump instructed.

You and others here will never hold Trump accountable for the violence that day, but you can not refute the fact that there never would have been a mob outside the Capitol in the first place had Trump not instructed them to come to DC on J6.

You want to talk creating chaos? DJT told the lie that the election was stolen. We now know that all of his top advisors and cabinet members told him he lost the election. Yet he continued to promote the lie in an effort to stay in office. That lie led directly to J6 and is still creating chaos in our political landscape to this day.

PW, after the election on November 20th, 2020, you stated on the Chat, with absolute confidence, that the election was stolen, Trump would remain in office, and prominent Democrats would be going to jail for election fraud. You said you had inside information. I lauded you for publically owning such an outlandish prediction and said that either you were right or Trump was guilty of sedition.

What kind of chaos has been created to cause an otherwise smart guy like yourself to believe such an extreme and, as we now know, dead wrong scenario as that? Was that the liberal mindset at work again?

DJT's playbook since he lost the election is all about diversion and chaos. He has tried everything possible to "divert" us from the fact he lost an election to Joe Biden. He doesn't care what impact his words or actions have. We will see more of the same and worse as his legal issues mount.

The rally tonight will be full of threats, anger and unfounded accusations. Note he is choosing Waco of all places, exactly thirty years after the Branch Davidian fiasco, as the location for this rally. Expect his continued efforts to save his own ass by undermining public trust in the foundations of our government to reach new lows.

Last edited:

Around and around you go where you stop everyone knows.

PW, words matter and they always have. Suggesting they don't is ignorant to such an extent I'll assume you are trolling me when you suggest otherwise.

Your initial post accused the liberal media of inventing an issue to cover for a case that was falling apart in NY (false premise as we don't know the state of the NY case). You also stated the following:

"The liberal mindset is to create chaos at all times. Diversions take the concentration off the point."

I pointed to some recent inflammatory statements from the former Potus (which you chose to ignore) and used J6 as an example of the right creating chaos. And like my friend @zingerdawg, any mention of J6 leads to a reference to the riots of 2020 in retort.

A liberal mindset did not create the chaos of the summer of 2020. A video of a group of police brazenly murdering a guy for over eight minutes in front of a crowd recording it did. Yes, some protests absolutely turned into riots when some losers and criminals took the opportunity of protests to steal, loot and cause destruction. I hope every single looter was caught and punished. (BTW, fact check on the claim of thirty dead police. I can't find that statistic anywhere.)

That's not the same as J6, which was an expressly political event, organized and driven by DJT, with the publicly stated goal of preventing the certification of his opponent for POTUS. Remember, Trump repeatedly called on Pence to stop the certification and "do the right thing" and some of those that breached the Capitol were absolutely looking for Pence because he didn't do what Trump instructed.

You and others here will never hold Trump accountable for the violence that day, but you can not refute the fact that there never would have been a mob outside the Capitol in the first place had Trump not instructed them to come to DC on J6.

You want to talk creating chaos? DJT told the lie that the election was stolen. We now know that all of his top advisors and cabinet members told him he lost the election. Yet he continued to promote the lie in an effort to stay in office. That lie led directly to J6 and is still creating chaos in our political landscape to this day.

PW, after the election on November 20th, 2020, you stated on the Chat, with absolute confidence, that the election was stolen, Trump would remain in office, and prominent Democrats would be going to jail for election fraud. You said you had inside information. I lauded you for publically owning such an outlandish prediction and said that either you were right or Trump was guilty of sedition.

What kind of chaos has been created to cause an otherwise smart guy like yourself to believe such an extreme and, as we now know, dead wrong scenario as that? Was that the liberal mindset at work again?

DJT's playbook since he lost the election is all about diversion and chaos. He has tried everything possible to "divert" us from the fact he lost an election to Joe Biden. He doesn't care what impact his words or actions have. We will see more of the same and worse as his legal issues mount.

The rally tonight will be full of threats, anger and unfounded accusations. Note he is choosing Waco of all places, exactly thirty years after the Branch Davidian fiasco, as the location for this rally. Expect his continued efforts to save his own ass by undermining public trust in the foundations of our government to reach new lows.
There you go again accusing Trump for something Biden and the idiot libs are guilty as shit of.

Here is the liberal media causing chaos again.

Last edited:
Reactions: mitchelldawg

I mention it because the reason is not relevant. Folks on the right were waiting to protest no matter the reason. That is just a fact.

You want to look away. That is on you. But the fbi has done unprecedented things over the last three years. We are weaponizing the irs. That is a fact. We are raising taxes like crazy next year. After a stout one this year. If you feel like the government is working for you, get your vision checked

Nothing speaks to CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and NPR more than an “Evil Trump ALT Right white supremist terrorist” white power diversion.
Speaking of the White Supremist terror threat. The networks have a hard time finding any to show on their nightly news, so they just write it into their nightly "entertainment" programing. ABC's show Will Trent, that is set in Atlanta, recently had an episode on Will Trent busting Atlanta's "Confederate Brothers terrorist group". Another thing about that show; all the bad guys are white, all the good guys are black. It's Atlanta! At least depict the perps 50/50.

Last edited:
Here is the liberal media causing chaos again.

This is about a different topic. Didn’t want to go try to find the post. The story is being picked up now by fox and others. Down south at the folks house. There is one tv in the house that has Fox News or newsmax on 24 hours a day. Lol. My father goes to bed mad nearly every night watching. I keep trying to get him to read more than watch. Covered all the topics we have here including the federman pictures.

That being said, the biden’s taking money is being mentioned on fox. I found a segment interesting. One pundit in a segment brought up a host of republican politicians being treated different by the law. The examples were spot on. Things have radically shifted. The same pundit also questioned trumps wording about potential violence if he is arrested. Had a senator try to explain his words. He really just said trump love him or hate him isn’t changing. You attack him. He attacks back. He also feels that things will change as far as polling for the next candidate. They didn’t let it go or excuse anything. He also mentioned the biden’s being caught red handed. Someone from the oversight comittee said he is dead to rights and will answer soon enough. Yet somehow the same guy questioned why no one else has picked up the story. Business as usual I guess. Just wanted to let you know, this is being discussed since you thought it wasn’t. And at least one pundit was holding trump to task.

(Big example is the security items between trump and Biden. No idea who has visited joe. Not locked in a secure area etc. for Christ sake, he had them in his corvette)

Don't forget The Money He is raking in from His Loyal supporters that He shares with those who rallied to His call. Money he loves, not America The Beautiful!GO DAWGS

This is about a different topic. Didn’t want to go try to find the post. The story is being picked up now by fox and others. Down south at the folks house. There is one tv in the house that has Fox News or newsmax on 24 hours a day. Lol. My father goes to bed mad nearly every night watching. I keep trying to get him to read more than watch. Covered all the topics we have here including the federman pictures.

That being said, the biden’s taking money is being mentioned on fox. I found a segment interesting. One pundit in a segment brought up a host of republican politicians being treated different by the law. The examples were spot on. Things have radically shifted. The same pundit also questioned trumps wording about potential violence if he is arrested. Had a senator try to explain his words. He really just said trump love him or hate him isn’t changing. You attack him. He attacks back. He also feels that things will change as far as polling for the next candidate. They didn’t let it go or excuse anything. He also mentioned the biden’s being caught red handed. Someone from the oversight comittee said he is dead to rights and will answer soon enough. Yet somehow the same guy questioned why no one else has picked up the story. Business as usual I guess. Just wanted to let you know, this is being discussed since you thought it wasn’t. And at least one pundit was holding trump to task.

(Big example is the security items between trump and Biden. No idea who has visited joe. Not locked in a secure area etc. for Christ sake, he had them in his corvette)
Both my father and father-in-law mainline Fox News all the time. My dad reads a lot but for my FIL Fox is his only source of information.

Last night over cocktails my FIL wanted to mix it up a bit and decided to rant about electric cars. He’s an old engineer but moved to real estate forty years ago. I’m not exaggerating when I say tje only information he has on this topic is what he has heard on Fox. His only response to any points that I made was “it’s all politics”. We closed with me telling him he sounds like a buggy whip salesmen around 1910. We laughed and I made us another cocktail.

It’s unfortunate that so many people are so plugged in to media (both sides) that is designed to create anger. And as we’ve seen from the Dominion lawsuit, the Fox people don’t even believe a lot of what they are saying. It’s a mess.

Regarding Trump, I’ve shared enough (too much) of my views over the last few days. I’d like every American to be treated equally under the law, and it is especially important that this apply to those in power. I’m sure many feel trump is being unfairly singled out, I happen to believe that the scrutiny in well earned. Let’s see what happens with any charges and court cases if it comes to that.

Last edited:
Speaking of the White Supremist terror threat. The networks have a hard time finding any to show on their nightly news, so they just write it into their nightly "entertainment" programing. ABC's show Will Trent, that is set in Atlanta, recently had an episode on Will Trent busting Atlanta's "Confederate Brothers terrorist group". Another thing about that show; all the bad guys are white, all the good guys are black. It's Atlanta! At least depict the perps 50/50.
Maybe just watch something else.

Some ?

The willingness of diehard Trump supporters to let Trump think for them has yet again proven profitable for Trump. Yes, some of you will be offended by that sentence, but let’s work this out and note I’m including many members of the political press, including reporters at the New York Times and the Lincoln Project folks in this as Trump diehards. After all, many of them go broke without Trump.

We were all told to expect an indictment by this past Tuesday. Trump’s team let it be known that the Manhattan DA and the Trump team had been talking. Trump expected an indictment and then an arraignment with him in handcuffs. Given the sourcing, it had the veneer of credibility. It now looks, however, more like a grift.

Trump put out a fundraising link and his diehard supporters poured cash into his coffers. Then, Trump used the opportunity to seed new attacks against Ron DeSantis that got echoed through Trump’s universe of diehard supporters. DeSantis, at first, was not doing enough to speak out. Then, when DeSantis did speak out, he did not speak out aggressively enough and dared cast aspersions on Trump. It was “an attack” when Trump is about to be arrested by a partisan DA. It was disloyal, which is a recurring theme Trump intends to use against DeSantis.

Trump then was able to beautifully play that into the narrative that DeSantis had a bad week and had been thrown off his game. The New York Times and others willingly obliged Trump. The Lincoln Project began an attack on DeSantis. The Times testified to how badly DeSantis handled his performance of playing second fiddle to Trump.

And then?

And then we learned the grand jury didn’t even meet for several days. Now Trump claims they might have dropped the case altogether.

In other words, Trump generated a pile of cash, attacks on DeSantis, made himself look like a victim, and nothing actually happened.

It’s all actually really impressive as a stunt even if it is all like the boy who cried wolf.

The pattern will repeat itself because it was so successful. An indictment might yet come. The cash will keep coming too. I applaud the effort, though it might wear thin as Trump’s supporters, people without great wealth, keep sending him more money for indictments that never come.

It’s like in 2022, Trump raised close to $150 billion to get “MAGA Republicans” elected then barely spent any of it on them. But his supporters keep falling for it, keep sending him money, and keep doing his bidding. Republicans who used to reject personality cults are all in on it now.

The willingness of diehard Trump supporters to let Trump think for them has yet again proven profitable for Trump. Yes, some of you will be offended by that sentence, but let’s work this out and note I’m including many members of the political press, including reporters at the New York Times and the Lincoln Project folks in this as Trump diehards. After all, many of them go broke without Trump.

We were all told to expect an indictment by this past Tuesday. Trump’s team let it be known that the Manhattan DA and the Trump team had been talking. Trump expected an indictment and then an arraignment with him in handcuffs. Given the sourcing, it had the veneer of credibility. It now looks, however, more like a grift.

Trump put out a fundraising link and his diehard supporters poured cash into his coffers. Then, Trump used the opportunity to seed new attacks against Ron DeSantis that got echoed through Trump’s universe of diehard supporters. DeSantis, at first, was not doing enough to speak out. Then, when DeSantis did speak out, he did not speak out aggressively enough and dared cast aspersions on Trump. It was “an attack” when Trump is about to be arrested by a partisan DA. It was disloyal, which is a recurring theme Trump intends to use against DeSantis.

Trump then was able to beautifully play that into the narrative that DeSantis had a bad week and had been thrown off his game. The New York Times and others willingly obliged Trump. The Lincoln Project began an attack on DeSantis. The Times testified to how badly DeSantis handled his performance of playing second fiddle to Trump.

And then?

And then we learned the grand jury didn’t even meet for several days. Now Trump claims they might have dropped the case altogether.

In other words, Trump generated a pile of cash, attacks on DeSantis, made himself look like a victim, and nothing actually happened.

It’s all actually really impressive as a stunt even if it is all like the boy who cried wolf.

The pattern will repeat itself because it was so successful. An indictment might yet come. The cash will keep coming too. I applaud the effort, though it might wear thin as Trump’s supporters, people without great wealth, keep sending him more money for indictments that never come.

It’s like in 2022, Trump raised close to $150 billion to get “MAGA Republicans” elected then barely spent any of it on them. But his supporters keep falling for it, keep sending him money, and keep doing his bidding. Republicans who used to reject personality cults are all in on it now.
CON - GONNA - CON

CON - GONNA - CON
Trump is like certain television evangelists of old who knew how to push the buttons to get people to donate each week. And most of the donors were not wealthy at all, but they would send what little money they had. It was all an act, but their supporters didn't see it or didn't care.

What is also true is that Trump continues to appeal to the forgotten Americans, who rightly see the current focus on systemic racism as the root of all evil, gender pronouns and student loan forgiveness as not resembling the America they throught they know. They are mostly white, working class, and in spite of being called deplorables by some they are not bad people but they are so fed up with what they see and no one speaks for them other than Trump. And there is some truth to that. Of course, the fact that Trump prioritizes his own vanity and fundraising over anyone or anything else is ignored, but I understand why as I understand where they sit.

It's sad but true that people who have legitimate grievances are often drawn to leaders who are grifters primarily interested to enriching themselves, these leaders (often good orators) know how to push buttons of their base. . Al Sharpton, Trump and to some extent, John Edwards come to mind.

CON - GONNA - CON
Trump is like certain television evangelists of old who knew how to push the buttons to get people to donate each week. And most of the donors were not wealthy at all, but they would send what little money they had. It was all an act, but their supporters didn't see it or didn't care.

What is also true is that Trump continues to appeal to the forgotten Americans, who rightly see the current focus on systemic racism as the root of all evil, gender pronouns and student loan forgiveness as not resembling the America they throught they know. They are mostly white, working class, and in spite of being called deplorables by some they are not bad people but they are so fed up with what they see and no one speaks for them other than Trump. And there is some truth to that. Of course, the fact that Trump prioritizes his own vanity and fundraising over anyone or anything else is ignored, but I understand why as I understand where they sit.

It's sad but true that people who have legitimate grievances are often drawn to leaders who are grifters primarily interested to enriching themselves, these leaders (often good orators) know how to push buttons of their base. . Al Sharpton, Trump and to some extent, John Edwards come to mind.
There is a lot of truth in this. Trump being evil is a big part of the belief. It tells part of the story. There are a ton of people who felt like they were not being represented. Why is this? How many wouldn’t gravitate to a candidate who represents more of what they believe in. Just wait till more of this generation grows up and you don’t call them “they”. Going to bite your head off. Lol. This is where trump and Fox News came from. You are exactly right. Why did it take a lifelong democrat to figure that ou?

That being said, you touch on nothing of the grift from the other side. The other side has done an incredible job of keeping their base dependent. And with great fear that it goes away if the other side is elected. Trump didn’t take away any benefits. Matter of fact he took care of the needy during the pandemic spending more than most conservatives liked. This grift is also based on a complete lie. It is long running too. White supremacists are going to take you down. There may be 2 that dare go into the public eye. They can’t even find them to interview or put on tv anymore to create fear. So they use trump every step they can. He is on cnn and msnbc every single day 30 times a day. The grift is they portray him as evil. They love him quietly as a daily story and someone who will continually stoke their fear.

You talk about the money raised. That is interesting. You think the grift is powerful on one side. How much money did that fear raise on the other. Twenty times as much. It isn’t even in the ball park. 320 million was just spent in ga. Probably more when everything is tallied by the left. That is nothing. The amount of money raised is staggering. They are the party of fear. So don’t say it without at least making a mention.

Fear of race. Fear of government checks going away. Fear of global warming. Fear that your body’s choice isn’t yours(they just broke this one back out just in time) fear of trump. Fear of losing your democracy. (Love that one) I could go one for days. Politics is a grift. Sorry. And one side is taken for a shitload more money. Agreed? It isn’t even close.

• Love
Reactions: Georgia Jim

Excellent post......Trump is the white man's Sharpton.
I can remember my sweet Grandmother donating money she didn't have to the .....I think it was called the "PTL Club" on some religious channel.
Just like most everything else, it's all about the money.

There is a lot of truth in this. Trump being evil is a big part of the belief. It tells part of the story. There are a ton of people who felt like they were not being represented. This is where trump and Fox News came from.

That being said, you touch on nothing of the grift from the other side. The other side has done an incredible job of keeping their base dependent. And with great fear that it goes away if the other side is elected. Trump didn’t take away any benefits. Matter of fact he took care of the needy during the pandemic spending more than most conservatives liked. This grift is also based on a complete lie. It is long running too. White supremacists are going to take you down. There may be 2 that dare go into the public eye. They can’t even find them to interview or put on tv anymore to create fear. So they use trump every step they can. He is on cnn and msnbc every single day 30 times a day. The grift is they portray him as evil. They love him quietly as a daily story and someone who will continually stoke their fear.

You talk about the money raised. That is interesting. You think the grift is powerful on one side. How much money did that fear raise on the other. Twenty times as much. It isn’t even in the ball park. 320 million was just spent in ga. Probably more when everything is tallied by the left. That is nothing. The amount of money raised is staggering. They are the party of fear. So don’t say it without at least making a mention.

Fear of race. Fear of government checks going away. Fear of global warming. Fear that your body’s choice isn’t yours(they just broke this one back out just in time) fear of trump. Fear of losing your democracy. (Love that one) I could go one for days. Politics is a grift. Sorry. And one side is taken for a shitload more money. Agreed? It isn’t even close.
Read it again. Two of my three examples of grifters are on the left, Sharpton and Edwards.

There are different types of grifters. I would argue Trump, Sharpton and Edwards are one category. Narcissistic demagogues who appeal to people who feel disenfranchised and constantly ask for their money. So more about enriching themselves and ego.

Some of the examples you provide are more about manipulation to win elections, not to directly enrich the politician. The Democrats played the abortion issue brilliantly, and backed by most of the media, got their base fired up about democracy being at risk. But again, that was 80% about cold calculations on how to win an election, not about personal enrichment.

And before you say it, you have the Biden family, who historically don't directly steal from the poor, but look for the intersection of money and their perceived or real influence to enrich themselves.

Read it again. Two of my three examples of grifters are on the left, Sharpton and Edwards.

There are different types of grifters. I would argue Trump, Sharpton and Edwards are one category. Narcissistic demagogues who appeal to people who feel disenfranchised and constantly ask for their money. So more about enriching themselves and ego.

Some of the examples you provide are more about manipulation to win elections, not to directly enrich the politician. The Democrats played the abortion issue brilliantly, and backed by most of the media, got their base fired up about democracy being at risk. But again, that was 80% about cold calculations on how to win an election, not about personal enrichment.

And before you say it, you have the Biden family, who historically don't directly steal from the poor, but look for the intersection of money and their perceived or real influence to enrich themselves.
Not to directly enrich the politician? Don’t be naive. You mention a few at the end. Sure. You didn’t mention how long running the grift is. You also didn’t mention the staggering amount of money raised which doesn’t enrich politicians. What? Of course it does. You think that is all spent on their campaign. Warnuckle himself used it for 60000 a month in childcare. Abrams is trying to pay off back taxes on a business with it.

The staggering amount more raised by the left isn’t mentioned. I am assuming you guessed at how much money trump raised. Maybe not. But the grift of fear political porn has been going on forever. And it raises way more money these days from the left. That is the long running grift we all complain about. Poor old lefty has money to run commercials on a loop during any minor house seat election they want.

Why did Obama choose Biden as a running mate? He chose a racist, former plagiarist as his right hand man. To try to eliminate fear he chose the most middle dwelling Democrat of the modern era. Who is now left of Bernie sanders. That is a powerful magic trick.

Trump is not the answer. I don’t disagree. But what he is hitting on has its merits. Compared to the massive cliff we are heading toward, I would take any pub at this point. But please continue on. Trump is the devil. People who give to him are stupid. And perpetuate bullshit that allows the other side to continue to win elections. Fear

Not to directly enrich the politician? Don’t be naive. You mention a few at the end. Sure. You didn’t mention how long running the grift is. You also didn’t mention the staggering amount of money raised which doesn’t enrich politicians. What? Of course it does. You think that is all spent on their campaign. Warnuckle himself used it for 60000 a month in childcare. Abrams is trying to pay off back taxes on a business with it.

The staggering amount more raised by the left isn’t mentioned. I am assuming you guessed at how much money trump raised. Maybe not. But the grift of fear political porn has been going on forever. And it raises way more money these days from the left. That is the long running grift we all complain about. Poor old lefty has money to run commercials on a loop during any minor house seat election they want.

Why did Obama choose Biden as a running mate? He chose a racist, former plagiarist as his right hand man. To try to eliminate fear he chose the most middle dwelling Democrat of the modern era. Who is now left of Bernie sanders. That is a powerful magic trick.

Trump is not the answer. I don’t disagree. But what he is hitting on has its merits. Compared to the massive cliff we are heading toward, I would take any pub at this point. But please continue on. Trump is the devil. People who give to him are stupid. And perpetuate bullshit that allows the other side to continue to win elections. Fear
We are both right.

The policies of the left are far more dangerous to the country, and your characterization of Obama/Biden is not wrong. Full stop.

But what frustrates me is that many of those who most hate what the left is doing to the country refuse to recognize that Trump is the reason the Democrats continue to hold the Senate and almost kept the house. They should be furious at Trump for what he caused, but the joke is on them as Trump continues to suck oxygen out of the room and fundraise off the working class and spent only a fraction of that money to try to flip the house and senate. If Trump did not make it about himself and suppress republican turnout, don't think Warnock and (especially) Osoff would be in Senate and I don't think we have the so called Inflation Reduction Act for starters. That should make people angry.

So focus on how to beat Biden in 2024 and elect a republican majority in both houses. Any energy that involves Donald Trump makes the odds of that occuring lower, not higher.

But some would rather yell about RINO's being the problem and Mitch being part of the deep state and so on. Trump gave us Oz in Pennsylvania, who beat McCormick who was a solid candidate and totally electable statewide but lost by less than 1% in Republican primary as he wouldn't 100% bow to Trump and we get Fetterman as a result.

As the saying goes, perfect is enemy of the good.

Last edited:
Reactions: zingerdawg

Rich, I don’t mean to sound so adversarial. I agree with a lot of what you post. Even when I don’t, I find it interesting and always respectful.

I hate defending trump. But some takes about this guy defy logic. And you are someone I consider one of the most insightful posters on this board.

But let’s dissect this. So a man most of the left called the low iq president, notices two years ago, a DA candidate running in New York is running with indicting trump as his number one platform goal. He will indict trump!! He waits for him to get elected. Let’s a year and a half go by, then comes up with a scheme to hold a rally with a false indictment. To raise a boatload of money, of which he already has plenty, and give him a chance to make a campaign type speech and attack his adversaries. Now this DA is saying I was never going to do this. Completely backing down from his number one platform.

So. Plausibly we may outta rethink trump as a candidate. Might be the smartest mfer alive to pull something like that off over two years. Or he is a low iq guy that came across a way to steal from his constituents overnight.

He is totally polarizing. He woiod be more of the same. But don’t be naive and think he couldn’t hold a rally in certain parts of the country tomorrow and raise money without a cause. 50000 people would show up and give. Just to hear him talk shit about Biden and his handlers for an hour. It is a show. And that is his strength and weakness.

Edit: just read your post above. I agree with a lot of that. His time has come and gone. That voice needed to be heard. People don’t want to admit it, but he shook up a lot of politicians who were not doing shit but collecting pay check and putting our money in their pockets. That is why he he hated by a lot of people on both sides. He is a problem and a gift Republicans will have to deal with. To win the next election, I think he needs to go away. The more graceful the better. And we know that isn’t happening.

Reactions: richb1
Rich, I don’t mean to sound so adversarial. I agree with a lot of what you post. Even when I don’t, I find it interesting and always respectful.

I hate defending trump. But some takes about this guy defy logic. And you are someone I consider one of the most insightful posters on this board.

But let’s dissect this. So a man most of the left called the low iq president, notices two years ago, a DA candidate running in New York is running with indicting trump as his number one platform goal. He will indict trump!! He waits for him to get elected. Let’s a year and a half go by, then comes up with a scheme to hold a rally with a false indictment. To raise a boatload of money, of which he already has plenty, and give him a chance to make a campaign type speech and attack his adversaries. Now this DA is saying I was never going to do this. Completely backing down from his number one platform.

So. Plausibly we may outta rethink trump as a candidate. Might be the smartest mfer alive to pull something like that off over two years. Or he is a low iq guy that came across a way to steal from his constituents overnight.

He is totally polarizing. He woiod be more of the same. But don’t be naive and think he couldn’t hold a rally in certain parts of the country tomorrow and raise money without a cause. 50000 people would show up and give. Just to hear him talk shit about Biden and his handlers for an hour. It is a show. And that is his strength and weakness.
Don't disagree with any of this, and find none of what you post adversarial, and Alvin Bragg (and a few others) are Trump's secret weapon.

Edit: just read your post above. I agree with a lot of that. His time has come and gone. That voice needed to be heard. People don’t want to admit it, but he shook up a lot of politicians who were not doing shit but collecting pay check and putting our money in their pockets. That is why he he hated by a lot of people on both sides. He is a problem and a gift Republicans will have to deal with. To win the next election, I think he needs to go away. The more graceful the better. And we know that isn’t happening.
And most in this thread, myself included, keep posting the same thing over and over again like we are going to convince anyone of anything. Perhaps a version of the definition of insanity......

And most in this thread, myself included, keep posting the same thing over and over again like we are going to convince anyone of anything. Perhaps a version of the definition of insanity......
Yea. Haha. It is cathartic. I figure if just one person listens we are better off today than we were yesterday

Zelensky called a “homosexual weirdo” at the Trump rally tonight, by a washed up rock star who intentionally shit his pants in front of the draft board 50 years ago so he wouldn’t have to fight for his country.

Another point of pride, I guess.
We’re Ted’s comments wrong! No they were not. So what is your point? Entertainers are not usually my source for news, but hey you do you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT