ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Went to the local Catholic church tonight for a fish fry for the first time..

Your parish is? Or the Church in general?

Practicing Catholics are overwhelmingly opposed to both.
I really don't know....I always got the sense in the South that Catholics were willing to turn their nose up at birth control, but accept it over abortion.

I haven't spent more than 24 hours of my life in a Catholic church function and just know the general stereotype.

Those Catholic keyeds were running around like a bunch of wild Injuns. Deddy would've beat my ass 5 minutes in.

Cincinnati......God & Cod at the St James Catholic Church. I sheet you not.... 😂
For the others who don’t know, Cincinnati has a huge Catholic population.
A McDonalds franchisee in Cincinnati invented the Filet-o-fish sandwich for his catholic customers.
There was a time, when Catholics wouldn’t eat meat on any Friday, not just during lent.

A McDonalds franchisee in Cincinnati invented the Filet-o-fish sandwich for his catholic customers.
There was a time, when Catholics wouldn’t eat meat on any Friday, not just during lent.

I think it’s still in effect, but voluntary

Yup...every Catholic church in the Tri-state area has fish frys every Friday from lent until Easter. Lots of them.... probably about 3 within a couple miles of my house.

Also a huge Jewish population.....surprising since Cincinnati was formerly known as "Porkopolis".

Tall boy beers were only $3.

dancing-ayye.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Double Deuce Dawg
Mmmmmmm, chili. Anyone remember the Bowl of Red, a restaurant that only served chili? It was on Buford Highway, where Pablo’s is now. I loved that place, about 1979.

Those in Atlanta Metro & interested in a great fish fry - hit up All Saints in Dunwoody. Get there early 3/15 & 3/22 - 5:00 to 8:00 pm. Serve about 1200 meals every Friday night during lent. Yes - beer is served. KoC deliver an amazing meals

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT