ADVERTISEMENT

What are your favorite pair of sunglasses?...I just recently broke mine...

RRtrackdawgson

War Daddy
Jul 5, 2001
sat on them and crushed both lenses....go figure....anyway, I'm looking to get another pair and thought maybe I need to change up. The pair that I messed up were Costa Brines...I liked them a lot...

51cBekVgWIL._SL1200_.jpg

Hard to go wrong with Costas, if you want an inexpensive but still...

good pair, try a company called Fisherman's Eyewear. I bought a pair from them a few years ago and they are really good as my freshwater sunglasses.

I learned a long time ago to buy expensive sunglasses and I ...

wouldn't lose them or break them. I used to go through cheap sunglasses by the dozens. I'd leave them places, sit on them, put them in my pocket and bend them, I could destroy them or lose them in a matter of days or weeks. A friend had the same pair for several years and I asked him how he managed to keep them. He said he used to go through them like I did until he bought an expensive pair. He said they were much better to wear and if you spend a lot on sunglasses, you will take care of them. I bought a pair of Bucci sunglasses for $90 (this was in the mid 80s) and I had them for almost 10 years until they were stolen at a golf tournament.

I had those for over seven years. I really enjoyed them as well...

put them in my back pocket while coaching LL practice and sat down on the bench to write something....smashed them to pieces.

Love the Maui's...bought my wife a pair years ago, but dang they...

were REALly expensive...north of $400 and that was 15 years ago.

Kaenon...hands down. Maui Jim...second. I wear progressives in both

They both have great lenses and excellent customer service. Expensive, but I take care of glasses and they are worth it to me. Especially with prescription lenses.

Can't go wrong with Costas. Customer service is the best...

They will fix anything that's normal wear and tear with no questions asked.

Figured that it wouldn't be worth my time to send these in...

for repair with the amount of damage...both lenses and an arm.

Kaenon has a good website and their online sale/clearance section generally

has good deals. GREAT lens, tough frames, made for fishing. If that's your deal.

Wait...You paid over 400 damb dollars for a pair of sunglasses?

Duck wasn't far off when he created this masterpiece:

if they fit you it's a great deal. I have three pairs. Wouldn't recommend

them if I really didn't think they made great stuff.

Two things....

Duck pulled that chit off the tableI was courting my future wife...she wanted a nice pair of shades for her birthday...and most of all...she looked a hell of a lot like this...
th

So, you had to pay your wife to like you?...I kid...Whatever works, dude.*

HBTD

costa cobalito w/polarized lenses...left'em on top of car going up I65...

so I assume they're probably in the median now, 3 years later. I now wear persols that I don't particularly like the fit of, but too expensive not to wear.

I havent BOUGHT sunglasses in 25 years+. Always steal my older brothers...

I took a pair of his sunglasses when I was like 15 years old, and he never realized it, and he even commented later that he was looking for his sunglasses and they looked kind of like mine (his) but they were different.

It was funny to me, and then years later he left a pair at my apartment. I decided it was my fate to have my sunglasses supplied to me by my brother.

He doesn't know of this at all, and I am not a horrible brother... I buy him gifts all the time just to be nice. Its more of an inside Joke that I have decided to let him in on when we are old men. I think he will laugh.

You might think this is an asshole move, but you'd have to know our relationship to know it's not. He wouldn't be mad... so I just have decided to keep this going for the next 20-30 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT