ADVERTISEMENT

What do the Chatters think about the Dawgs this year?

DawgWCK

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001
Overall team talent is certainly comparable to last 3 years but a very tough schedule. I’m bullish on the season because of our depth and the 2nd year of Beck and Bobo but understand we might drop a game or two during the regular season. Any strong opinions from my fellow chatters?

Overall team talent is certainly comparable to last 3 years but a very tough schedule. I’m bullish on the season because of our depth and the 2nd year of Beck and Bobo but understand we might drop a game or two during the regular season. Any strong opinions from my fellow chatters?
Saw my BIL this weekend. He’s a Texas grad and very bullish on the Longhorns.

That will be a tough game, so will Bama and just about every game. Thinks the Dawgs are built for the schedule (talent & depth). But this may be the toughest schedule that I have ever seen them have.

May be a little better on offense, which can be scary for opponents. Maybe slightly better on defense with more experience (backers) than a year ago. Still not sure about the DL until I see it. Thinks there will be no drop off at DB.

They will be lucky to go undefeated, but I’d rather be lucky than good. Can’t wait for kickoff, no letups or plays off with this schedule.

Truth is I don’t like to say what I think. What I saw in the spring is the most talent I have ever seen here. We are loaded everywhere. Loaded. Our backers. The dline. The oline. RBs. We have talent at wr and te. That room is the only slight question mark. Our db’s are nasty. We should get pressure. (Youresek and sacovie could step forward with dom and others. Bell is getting better daily.)

You still have to see how a team reacts when they play in between the lines. Talent means nothing till then, but I like what I see. Even our kicking game will be sporty. We will go thru some attrition with the schedule. That will be an issue. Just can’t have the wrong people hurt like we did last year.

People are going to see Chauncey bowers running around as our 6th string running back. It will blow people’s minds. He is going to be a very good back. Frazier is as advertised and Rod Robinson has worked his body in to a freak show type thing. His helmet size is the same as offensive lineman.

My biggest worry is I am usually pessimistic about the season a little. I don’t have much pessimism. Just stay healthy.

Last edited:
Truth is I don’t like to say what I think. What I saw in the spring is the most talent I have ever seen here. We are loaded everywhere. Loaded. Our backers. The dline. The oline. RBs. We have talent at wr and te. That room is the only slight question mark. Our db’s are nasty. We should get pressure.

You still have to see how a team reacts when they play in between the lines. Talent means nothing till then, but I like what I see. Even our kicking game will be sporty. We will go thru some attrition with the schedule. That will be an issue. Just can’t have the wrong people hurt like we did last year.

People are going to see Chauncey bowers running around as our 6th string running back. It will blow people’s minds. He is going to be a very good back. Frazier is as advertised and Rod Robinson has worked his body in to a freak show type thing. His helmet size is the same as offensive lineman.

My biggest worry is I am usually pessimistic about the season a little. I don’t have much pessimism. Just stay healthy.
Good general synopsis, funny thing is…..I have never been pessimistic. Haven’t missed but 1 game since I was 5 years old. Either the radio, TV, internet or I was there.

Have always thought every game going in we would win. But sometimes Munson made that tough.

Been right more than I’ve been wrong though - ☺️

This team is going undefeated and meeting Harris/Walz in the WH summer 2025.

Sorry couldn't resist this is the Chat after all.

All seriousness what a year to play one of the toughest schedules in recent history. My three keys:

1) Beck has to hit the deep ball at a high clip this year. Can't miss those open bombs like last year, that has to improve.

2) Mykel Williams has to be that dude on the edge. We need him to live up to his potential this year.

3) No more slow starts. No more spoting cream a touchdown every game. Start the game fast and end it strong.

Last edited:
I think we drop one game during the regular season and no more than that. We win everything else and take home the natty. I am planning to go to 6 of the regular season games including Austin and Oxford. Going to be a great season!

Reactions: DawgWCK
This team is going undefeated and meeting Harris/Walz in the WH summer 2025.

Sorry couldn't resist this is the Chat after all.

All seriousness what a year to play one of the toughest schedules in recent history. My three keys:

1) Beck has to hit the deep ball at a high clip this year. Can't miss those open bombs like last year, that has to improve.

2) Mykel Williams has to be that dude on the edge. We need him to live up to his potential this year.

3) No more slow starts. No more spoting cream a touchdown every game. Start the game fast and end it strong.
Points 1 and 2 are SPOT on.......

With our schedule, I am glad this is going to be a 12 team playoff so we, probably being the best team, won't get left out like last season.

Just remember you asked.....

I think we lose at least 2, Bama of course, and Texas. We may drop another.

No defense will be the problem

• Wow
Reactions: brimur
Just remember you asked.....

I think we lose at least 2, Bama of course, and Texas. We may drop another.

No defense will be the problem
We might have the best secondary in the country. And our LBers are going to be studs. Granted, the DL is a question mark but only relative to what we have had, not relative to the competition.

Reactions: Natedawgy_dawg401
Got to win the first one. Not just beat Saint Dabo but rub salt in the wound. We need to set them back a few more years so that the CU Dan base will hate us even more.

We ain’t losing to NOBODY.

Only losers/liberals think we are gonna lose a game before we even play it.

You should find another team - LOSER!

Get your mind right.

More name calling.

You guys just can't help it huh.

We might have the best secondary in the country. And our LBers are going to be studs. Granted, the DL is a question mark but only relative to what we have had, not relative to the competition.

Completely disagree about the secondary,but that's ok..

We have a problem on defense, that I can't explain. It's hard to put my finger on....it's philosophy, or attitude, or approach.....something is off there..

We dont look aggressive or confident on the dline or secondary.

The dline just gets stopped, every play. No push, no penetration. Just a stalemate at best.

If I was an opposing coach, I'd run right at UGA, and take several deep shots. We will bust 2-3 coverages every game.

Reactions: blackpug6

We have a problem on defense, that I can't explain. It's hard to put my finger on....it's philosophy, or attitude, or approach.....something is off there..

The dline just gets stopped, every play. No push, no penetration. Just a stalemate at best.

If I was an opposing coach, I'd run right at UGA, and take several deep shots. We will bust 2-3 coverages every game.

Well that is not good to hear

Get your mind right.

I can take care of myself,
but my Wife would not refrain from kicking my ass

Last edited:
LOL.

Get your mind right.
I gotta feeling the majority of our team are liberals. Just a hunch.

Based on last year, true.

Combination of youth at linebacker (playing out of position/eye discipline) and quality depth at DL a year ago.

Thinks we definitely have talent at linebacker and experience from last year will help. Not completely confident in DL just yet, got depth but young. We also have some early injuries, but should be a little better imo.

Not worried about the DB’s at all. Good coaching and crazy talent…deep.

Offense, no early concerns. The OL looks to be crazy loaded and talented. Bunch of experienced, athletic road graders/fighters.

Quality depth across the board at OL. May be one of the best OL we ever had.

Excited to see the new running backs coming in, especially Frazier & Bowens. Robinson looks to be a dayum beast, better get out his way or he will take you with him. The other Robinson looks to be on track to come back and then you have Etienne (sp?). They are deeper and more talented than I ever remember on paper.

WR room is stacked, excited about the Miami transfer coming in, good size & talent. Also, thinks the Vandy transfer will get some playing time. He has some speed.

Also have a freshman WR that I hear good news about….can’t think of his name now. Got some returning starting talent they will be tough to stop (Bell, Lovett, Smith, Evans).

Gonna miss Bowers, but not worried overall about the receiving game, could end up even being better.

QB (Beck) not worried. Not worried at backup either (Gunner), the boy has some wheels and now experience. Reminds me of a young Brett Favre.

If we can average 40 ppg again this year, we will win a bunch of games.

But to me, just not sold on DL just yet….they will be tested. We had all world talent there a few years ago and don’t have those types of players now….gonna have to do it by committee.

On paper, I like this team. Especially when you consider the coaching staff.

But I guess I am always optimistic.

Last edited:
Truth is I don’t like to say what I think. What I saw in the spring is the most talent I have ever seen here. We are loaded everywhere. Loaded. Our backers. The dline. The oline. RBs. We have talent at wr and te. That room is the only slight question mark. Our db’s are nasty. We should get pressure. (Youresek and sacovie could step forward with dom and others. Bell is getting better daily.)

Just can’t have the wrong people like we did last year?

Zingerdawg , do tell?

For almost any other team, three losses on this schedule would still be a good year. Need someone to step up at WR or TE and be a guy. Not that guy as he doesn't come around very often. But someone that can consistently beat one on one coverage.

What in my post made you LOL, just asked a question to my fellow dawgs….
Asking it on here. Remembering what this place was like 23 years ago when I first joined. Lotta things I guess.

Based on last year, true.

Combination of youth at linebacker (playing out of position/eye discipline) and quality depth at DL a year ago.

Thinks we definitely have talent at linebacker and experience from last year will help. Not completely confident in DL just yet, got depth but young. We also have some early injuries, but should be a little better imo.

Not worried about the DB’s at all. Good coaching and crazy talent…deep.

Offense, no early concerns. The OL looks to be crazy loaded and talented. Bunch of experienced, athletic road graders/fighters.

Quality depth across the board at OL. May be one of the best OL we ever had.

Excited to see the new running backs coming in, especially Frazier & Bowens. Robinson looks to be a dayum beast, better get out his way or he will take you with him. The other Robinson looks to be on track to come back and then you have Etienne (sp?). They are deeper and more talented than I ever remember on paper.

WR room is stacked, excited about the Miami transfer coming in, good size & talent. Also, thinks the Vandy transfer will get some playing time. He has some speed.

Also have a freshman WR that I hear good news about….can’t think of his name now. Got some returning starting talent they will be tough to stop (Bell, Lovett, Smith, Evans).

Gonna miss Bowers, but not worried overall about the receiving game, could end up even being better.

QB (Beck) not worried. Not worried at backup either (Gunner), the boy has some wheels and now experience. Reminds me of a young Brett Favre.

If we can average 40 ppg again this year, we will win a bunch of games.

But to me, just not sold on DL just yet….they will be tested. We had all world talent there a few years ago and don’t have those types of players now….gonna have to do it by committee.

On paper, I like this team. Especially when you consider the coaching staff.

But I guess I am always optimistic.

I'm not worried about offense at all. That's not where our problem will be.

Defense is too passive, and I don't think that's a talent issue. I think it's a conservative coaching philosophy, designed to minimize risk. It usually works, but not vs. this schedule.

Definitely losing to Bama and Texas
Auburn and Ole Miss won't be as easy as people think.

I think 10-2 is our best case scenario, with 9-3 being most likely

Forever grateful that our Dawgs aren’t them Falcons.

National championship if they stay healthy. Doesn't matter what playoff seed they get.

And it'll be a 3-peat. Michigan's "ring" last year is ***********

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT