ADVERTISEMENT

What Gov Kemp should have done instead of cutting taxes.............

MRDAWG

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Jasper, Ga
Minnesota Governor Tim Walz has signed a law guaranteeing free breakfast and lunch for all students in the state, regardless of how much money their parents make. Tens of thousands of food-insecure kids will benefit.

I'm confused. Are food vendors donating the meals? Are cafeteria workers working without paychecks? I would imagine the governor isn't providing anything. He's just sending the taxpayers a new bill to subsidize a huge number of folks that don't need subsidizing.

I'm confused. Are food vendors donating the meals? Are cafeteria workers working without paychecks? I would imagine the governor isn't providing anything. He's just sending the taxpayers a new bill to subsidize a huge number of folks that don't need subsidizing.
NO, NO, How do you know folks don't need food help? 74% of students in my N Ga county are on free or assisted lunch.

Reactions: rednblack4life
Minnesota Governor Tim Walz has signed a law guaranteeing free breakfast and lunch for all students in the state, regardless of how much money their parents make. Tens of thousands of food-insecure kids will benefit.
You think he gets the VP nod?

NO, NO, How do you know folks don't need food help? 74% of students in my N Ga county are on free or assisted lunch.
I think everyone knows there is food help needs out there for sure. Nothing is free. That is what you never get. Not to mention so much money being allocated where it shouldn’t that could be moved there. If that was where my tax dollar went I would ante up without complaining.

I thought by that response they were not getting free lunch. It sounds like Kemp was able to lower taxes and get kids free(subsidized) lunch.
What county is that?

I think everyone knows there is food help needs out there for sure. Nothing is free. That is what you never get. Not to mention so much money being allocated where it shouldn’t that could be moved there. If that was where my tax dollar went I would ante up without complaining.
Motto of the Democratic Party " We help people with other peoples money"

Free shit! That's our money, Chief.

Walz is anti-Semitic communist. What does that make you?

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
There are schools in GA where 100% of the students receive subsidized meals. That doesnt mean a lawyer from Roswell with a mil per yr in income should enjoy subsidized lunches for their kids.

Subsidize the needy, no problem. Spout bs about free for everyone and your taking money from folks that earned it to subsidize some with greater incomes that their benefactors.

Motto of the Trumpublican Party “ We help billionaires and huge businesses with other peoples money”.

The rich got richer. The gap between the middle and upper classes widened while the poor got poorer. People can say what they want. But I know what my personal experience is daily too. I have people every day that are totally stretched. Several who retired that have returned to work. No one from the left wants to admit it, but I see it and hear it 24/7.

Last edited:
Newton county has free breakfast and lunch for all schools and started the program during covid shut downs, this is the first year all schools are on the program and it extends through the summer with pick up locations for lunch. It is a program through the USDA called the Community Eligibility Program, not sure exactly how it is funded but I believe it is basically we will pay for 70 percent, some formula based on county income data, if you can come up with the rest.

Whole thing is BS. The last university I worked at tried to convince us that > 50% of the students were “food secure”. Well if I have to pick between paying for classes or food, I’m choosing food. Sure were a lot of hungry students flitting around in BMWs and nice rides.

Cutting taxes is ALWAYS the answer. If you want to give free food, cut welfare and all the other true entitlement programs. Fire some govt employees, abolish some wasteful government agencies.

And hand out real food. I bet most of what they’re giving away is crap, sugar laden, processed shit. It needs some real oversight, not a Michelle Obama.

Whole thing is BS. The last university I worked at tried to convince us that > 50% of the students were “food secure”. Well if I have to pick between paying for classes or food, I’m choosing food. Sure were a lot of hungry students flitting around in BMWs and nice rides.

Cutting taxes is ALWAYS the answer. If you want to give free food, cut welfare and all the other true entitlement programs. Fire some govt employees, abolish some wasteful government agencies.

And hand out real food. I bet most of what they’re giving away is crap, sugar laden, processed shit. It needs some real oversight, not a Michelle Obama.
Sadly a lot of this has nothing to do with the parents income or assistance. In this area, drug use is rampant, and the primary financing tools for the drugs are welfare , ebt, and residential burglary. We live in an age where the drug culture encourages users to have babies to increase the households Social Security, Welfare, and EBT funding, and the children never get any benefit from this increased household income.

What Kemp should have done in addition to tax breaks:

1) construct a giant statue of Stonewall Jackson in down town Atlanta.

2) arrest and prosecute every illegal living in the state of Georgia.

3) subsequent to the arrest warn employers that should they hire more illegals they themselves will be criminally prosecuted

4) seize the assets of every private equity group in the state that is purchasing residential housing and criminally prosecute the executives

5) exile delta and bulldoze the airport to the ground

What Kemp should have done in addition to tax breaks:

1) construct a giant statue of Stonewall Jackson in down town Atlanta.

2) arrest and prosecute every illegal living in the state of Georgia.

3) subsequent to the arrest warn employers that should they hire more illegals they themselves will be criminally prosecuted

4) seize the assets of every private equity group in the state that is purchasing residential housing and criminally prosecute the executives

5) exile delta and bulldoze the airport to the ground
Statue should be of Nick Chubb.

Before you have children you might want the think about how you are going to feed them, That's your responsibilty not someone else that's the problem with this country nobody want to be held accountable for their actions

Reactions: oldmandawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT