ADVERTISEMENT

What happen to people work ethic?

OlecountryDawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Jan 24, 2008
It seems like everyone has lost their work ethic after we got back to work from Covid.

What do yall think happen

Supply and demand. Not only higher wages but a feeling that I can find another job if you fire me. Some are working who in normal times no one would hire.

During Covid some couples figured out they didn't need both to work.

Reactions: bayrooster
work ethic can’t be untangled from the economic realities of young people in 2024 America.

Where is the incentive is to grind all day for a corporate company, that hates you, if the reward is no longer sufficient to purchase property?

Additionally, there’s about 50 million people who shouldn’t be here competing for jobs.

So even it is true, that 20 year old John smith in 2024 doesnt work as hard as 20 year old Bob smith in 1980, John Smith doesn’t have the same incentives to grind as his counterpart did 40 years ago.

work ethic can’t be untangled from the economic realities of young people in 2024 America.

Where is the incentive is to grind all day for a corporate company, that hates you, if the reward is no longer sufficient to purchase property?

Additionally, there’s about 50 million people who shouldn’t be here competing for jobs.

So even it is true, that 20 year old John smith in 2024 doesnt work as hard as 20 year old Bob smith in 1980, John Smith doesn’t have the same incentives to grind as his counterpart did 40 years ago.
Why? I was in industrial maintenance and I took pride in what I accomplished. If I was troubleshooting a machine and the production line was down and I fixed the problem. That made me feel good about myself and my job. The production people hated to see me coming because they knew that they were going back to work soon.

Yeah the government is looking after the tit suckers.

Why? I was in industrial maintenance and I took pride in what I accomplished. If I was troubleshooting a machine and the production line was down and I fixed the problem. That made me feel good about myself and my job. The production people hated to see me coming because they knew that they were going back to work soon.
You are looking at yourself rather than the issue as a whole.

The average American young man is facing working for a corporation run by HR ladies that hate him, will never promote him, and barely pay him enough to pay rent and groceries. His car is filled with computer chips that he can't work on, gas is 3$ per gallon, and if he wants to buy a starter home away from the ghetto he has to find a way to save almost a years salary for a down payment, if he decides to live in the ghetto he needs to save about a third to pay down a bad investment.

The average guy is never going to break his back sweating for a nameless corporation solely out of pride in his work. Which is why the incentives are so important.

Which isn't even addressing the various other issues he faces as a result of liberalism.

You are looking at yourself rather than the issue as a whole.

The average American young man is facing working for a corporation run by HR ladies that hate him, will never promote him, and barely pay him enough to pay rent and groceries. His car is filled with computer chips that he can't work on, gas is 3$ per gallon, and if he wants to buy a starter home away from the ghetto he has to find a way to save almost a years salary for a down payment, if he decides to live in the ghetto he needs to save about a third to pay down a bad investment.

The average guy is never going to break his back sweating for a nameless corporation solely out of pride in his work. Which is why the incentives are so important.

Which isn't even addressing the various other issues he faces as a result of liberalism.
Man it’s a cruel world out there. Nobody is going to look after your limp dick ass. Get off your sorry ass and find a job. You either survive in this world or you can fail and feel sorry for yourself. Then you can let big government look after you. That’s what wrong with this country now. No one wants to give back to society what they take from it.

Supply and demand. Not only higher wages but a feeling that I can find another job if you fire me. Some are working who in normal times no one would hire.

During Covid some couples figured out they didn't need both to work.
That can't be. Fox says employment is hard to find with this Biden economy. ;-)

Man it’s a cruel world out there. Nobody is going to look after your limp dick ass. Get off your sorry ass and find a job. You either survive in this world or you can fail and feel sorry for yourself. Then you can let big government look after you. That’s what wrong with this country now. No one wants to give back to society what they take from it.
Are you addressing me here? Or are you addressing the new generation of young men you don't believe work hard enough?

Not addressed to you in any way OGH. I’m just talking about this new generation period. Maybe be coming at them a little bit hard.
I think that’s our point of disagreement.

I think the older generations are too callous about the hardships the new generation faces and are too apathetic about the solutions.

I think the older generations are too callous about the hardships the new generation faces and are too apathetic about the solutions.

Are you inferring that the female CEOs of corporations are white men haters? Is that the reason they can’t find employment? If so something needs to be done about this . That is racism and discrimination.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT