ADVERTISEMENT

What happens if someone doesn't obey a Court ordered Eviction?**

The Sheriff comes out to serve the Writ of Possession and will supervise

eviction. Knowing your HOT neighbor's history, I'd prolly go down to BoB's while that was going on...

Pull that after contempt of court & judge prolly provides her a motel....

.....My guess is she is well aware of that.

This post was edited on 3/11 2:44 PM by JimBfishN

I bought a house one time and inherited the renters

and they did not pay me one penny so I was forced to evict. Those lowlifes stayed in the house to the bitter end....Filed papers and had the sheriff come out for the eviction. Of course the deadbeats were there watching us move a slam packed junk filled house to the sidewalk.They hung around for a couple of hours and then took off. Took us nearly 5 hours to get everything out. That night they rolled up to the sidewalk in a pickup truck and car and loaded those suckers up beverly hillbilly style and off they went. Left about 70% of their stuff on the sidewalk and it sat there for about 4 days getting picked apart. I hauled their remaining junk to the dump.

Eviction can be one giant pain in the A##. If I were you I'd hang around inside your house with one eye on them the whole time. No telling what the trash might do to your property if your not there.

They don't really have the option of not obeying, the owner...

will have to come and put them out if they don't move. I don't know what happens if the owner doesn't show up to put them out.

I still think it is a little strange the judge gave them until the 15th with the 15th being on a Sunday.

I know, I guess the Sheriff works every day, I assume the owner...

wants them out too? Bad tenants are a terrible thing. The property management business will make you really hate the public.

This post was edited on 3/11 2:51 PM by JC-DAWG83

Call me so I can go through their stuff by side of road.

Can borrow Pop's pick up if some big ticket items.

Plus we need to schedule a Tee spring cleaning yard and house project.

Will do

laugh.r191677.gif

You don't have to evict a tenant on the effective date of the writ, but you can't hold the writ over their heads for long (how long is a gray area determined by the judge). The tenant does not have to move just because a writ has been issued by a judge. The writ grants legal possession of the premises back to the landlord.

At that point the landlord or his agent coordinates the eviction with the sheriff. In some counties you do not HAVE to have the sheriff there, in many you are required to. It's usually advisable unless you really know what you're doing.

The sheriff (deputy or other licensed LEO) goes to the door and tells the tenant to get out of the house. If the tenant refuses, it's time for the Ranger Choke Hold and the Rothco Double D Loop Disposable Plastic Restraint.

The sheriff hauls the tenant to the back of his car and waits while the landlord's workers empty the house. The contents have to go to the curb, where they must remain for 24 hours before the landlord can/must haul them to the dump. The minute the sheriff leaves the premises, all the tenants possessions become fair game, vulture booty. Most low life knows all of this and that is why they normally just leave before the effective date on the writ. The exceptions are the ones with absolutely nothing worth a shit, the ones with zero money, and the ones so doped up they don't give a damn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT