ADVERTISEMENT

What? No Russian bounties paid to Taliban for US troops?

I am certain that Chat libs will now condemn the NY Times and never give credence to its fake news dogma again!

tenor.gif

I am certain that Chat libs will now condemn the NY Times and never give credence to its fake news dogma again!

NYT has become the Globe or National Enquirer these days. Anything for a buck and they know that most factions won't sue them or even take the time to seek legal action against them.

Looks like you didn't actually READ the article that commentary linked to. If you had read that you might have seen they just haven't proven it with CERTAINTY.

"I found what they presented to me very concerning, very worrisome. I just couldn't see the final connection, so I sent my guys back and said, look, keep digging. So we have continued to dig and look because this involves potential threats to U.S. forces, it's open," he said, adding, "I just haven't seen anything that closes that gap yet."

Looks like you didn't actually READ the article that commentary linked to. If you had read that you might have seen they just haven't proven it with CERTAINTY.

"I found what they presented to me very concerning, very worrisome. I just couldn't see the final connection, so I sent my guys back and said, look, keep digging. So we have continued to dig and look because this involves potential threats to U.S. forces, it's open," he said, adding, "I just haven't seen anything that closes that gap yet."

So, there's still not proof that it was occurring much less proof that the president ignored something that remains unproven.

Gotcha

Crap. I forgot the "Mueller Doctrine". Let an allegation fly unchecked, and when you come up empty handed, just say "we cannot prove that [fill in the blank] DIDN'T happen". That keeps you sheep on board.

It appears that you selectively READ the article linked to by the commentary, because the next paragraph states as follows:

"A U.S. military official familiar with the intelligence added that after a review of the intelligence around each attack against Americans going back several years, none have been tied to any Russian incentive payments."

Frankly, I suspect the Russians, the US, Iran, China and pretty much every power with their nose in another country's business has been offering bounties for certain scalps since Xerxes. I would be disappointed if we didn't do it. But, once again, the left fails to pass the fact check. Not surprisingly, you then use selective reading to accuse others of selective reading. Perfect leftist strategy.......if you can't call them a racist, accuse them of doing exactly what you are doing.

Sigh. You guys just cannot hold your own on the field of logic and truth, can you?

Crap. I forgot the "Mueller Doctrine". Let an allegation fly unchecked, and when you come up empty handed, just say "we cannot prove that [fill in the blank] DIDN'T happen". That keeps you sheep on board.

It appears that you selectively READ the article linked to by the commentary, because the next paragraph states as follows:

"A U.S. military official familiar with the intelligence added that after a review of the intelligence around each attack against Americans going back several years, none have been tied to any Russian incentive payments."

Frankly, I suspect the Russians, the US, Iran, China and pretty much every power with their nose in another country's business has been offering bounties for certain scalps since Xerxes. I would be disappointed if we didn't do it. But, once again, the left fails to pass the fact check. Not surprisingly, you then use selective reading to accuse others of selective reading. Perfect leftist strategy.......if you can't call them a racist, accuse them of doing exactly what you are doing.

Sigh. You guys just cannot hold your own on the field of logic and truth, can you?

"Frankly, I suspect the Russians, the US, Iran, China and pretty much every power with their nose in another country's business has been offering bounties for certain scalps since Xerxes. I would be disappointed if we didn't do it. But, once again, the left fails to pass the fact check. Not surprisingly, you then use selective reading to accuse others of selective reading. Perfect leftist strategy.......if you can't call them a racist, accuse them of doing exactly what you are doing."

you had me at Xerxes.
well done...

man's most valuable possession?

Dionysus: He who believes needs no explanation.
Pentheus: What's the worth in believing worthless things?
Dionysus: Much worth, but not worth telling you, it seems.

"never take advice from Dionysus"
pug

Last edited:

Hell yeah, we can go back and forth until we get everybody to read the whole article. Here are the next two paragraphs:

"The suggestion of a Russian bounty program began, another source directly familiar with the matter said, with a raid by CIA paramilitary officers that captured Taliban documents describing Russian payments.

A Taliban detainee told the CIA such a program existed, the source said, although the term "bounty" was never used. Later, the CIA was able to document financial transfers between Russian military intelligence and the Taliban, and establish there had been travel by key Russian officers to Afghanistan and by relevant Taliban figures to Russia."

Sounds to me like there is something pretty significant there.

Hell yeah, we can go back and forth until we get everybody to read the whole article. Here are the next two paragraphs:

"The suggestion of a Russian bounty program began, another source directly familiar with the matter said, with a raid by CIA paramilitary officers that captured Taliban documents describing Russian payments.

A Taliban detainee told the CIA such a program existed, the source said, although the term "bounty" was never used. Later, the CIA was able to document financial transfers between Russian military intelligence and the Taliban, and establish there had been travel by key Russian officers to Afghanistan and by relevant Taliban figures to Russia."

Sounds to me like there is something pretty significant there.
The fact that the Russian military has been supporting the Taliban financially is significant, but we've known that for years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT