ADVERTISEMENT

What was the moment in the CKS era where you knew things were different?

FUnderwood

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2017
Rossville, GA
Some may say the win over ND, some may say the route over MSU, but mine is when we went on the road and absolutely suffocated Tennessee at Neyland. From the very first play from scrimmage we set the tone. Tennessee’s offense was stymied. I remember sitting in the stands and Tennessee ran the same inside zone handoff the whole first half. Fans were pissed, it they had hope for the 2nd half at least. Then they came out in the second half and ran three straight zone reads again 😂😂 Boy the fans were booing! And the one “big” run they had we stripped the ball and recovered the fumble and the fans SPRINTED to the gates. They were shoving ppl out of the way to get to the exits after that play.

My friend (big Vol fan) and I had attended the UGA/Tenn game every year since 2011 and at one point in the game he looked at me and said, “we’re doomed… and I mean, as long as Kirby is at Georgia, Tennessee is doomed”. One side of my mouth twitched as I held back a HUGE grin.

The Tennessee fans that did stick around just raved about how we played and how embarrassed they were of their performance.

Of course I could point to other moments where I was like “wow, we’re gonna be a tough team to beat every year” but that game just rings a bell for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.