ADVERTISEMENT

What was your first thought when you realized Donald John Trump would be the 45th President of the

wayxpython

Diehard supporter
Oct 20, 2011
Willacoochee, GA
United States of America? My first thought was about the revocation of that previous administration's racist policies. Obama successfully surpassed Jimmy Carter as the worst president in American history.
nbc-fires-donald-trump-after-he-calls-mexicans-rapists-and-drug-runners.jpg

ct-donald-trump-incompetent-president-chapman-perspec-20201010

I was delighted for all the bloodsuckers who would now be able to get jobs after all those years of being held down by the vote-whoring democrats. I thought with less stifling tax and regulatory policies, maybe some manufacturing jobs and corporate investable cash would come home. The days were numbered for the filthy, amoral democrat trade of handouts for the poor in exchange for votes. Also nice to return to a female First Lady.

I was delighted for all the bloodsuckers who would now be able to get jobs after all those years of being held down by the vote-whoring democrats. I thought with less stifling tax and regulatory policies, maybe some manufacturing jobs and corporate investable cash would come home. The days were numbered for the filthy, amoral democrat trade of handouts for the poor in exchange for votes. Also nice to return to a female First Lady.
Yes, now we have a Yugo Hoe as first lady.

My first thought is that I hope the office elevates his character and his rhetoric. So that didn't work out.
He's not a politician..........which makes him so likable.....I was not a fan at all. But love most of what he's doing and how he's doing it. I guess after decades of democrats running dirtbag after dirtbag.....Clinton, Biden, Clinton, Sanders, Kerry, Gore....The Rebubs beat them at their own game.

He's not a politician..........which makes him so likable.....I was not a fan at all. But love most of what he's doing and how he's doing it. I guess after decades of democrats running dirtbag after dirtbag.....Clinton, Biden, Clinton, Sanders, Kerry, Gore....The Rebubs beat them at their own game.
So I understand some of the appeal of "he's not a politician." But I've never gone to someone from another profession and thought "his medical advice was refreshing since he's not a doctor. I guess that's what makes him likeable."

So I understand some of the appeal of "he's not a politician." But I've never gone to someone from another profession and thought "his medical advice was refreshing since he's not a doctor. I guess that's what makes him likeable."
Doctors are nowhere near so slimy as politicians, and they work hard to become docs. Near as I can figure, the only two qualifications for a successful political career are to not look like Igor and to be able to talk on your feet. They don't even have to be smart.

Politics does not take special training. Anyone can be a politician, just like anyone can be a sports agent.

Reactions: wayxpython

That’s an asinine comparison.

Doctors are far more regulated than politicians. The only accountability politicians have comes from the msm & THEIR decision to pick and choose on whom to hold accountable and what to report/investigate or ignore/sweep under the rug.

That’s an asinine comparison.

Doctors are far more regulated than politicians. The only accountability politicians have comes from the msm & THEIR decision to pick and choose on whom to hold accountable and what to report/investigate or ignore/sweep under the rug.
It's not asinine but it was intentionally hyperbolic.

It's so funny to me that politics is the only profession where we think someone is somehow more qualified in spite of never having been a part of it.

It's not asinine but it was intentionally hyperbolic.

It's so funny to me that politics is the only profession where we think someone is somehow more qualified in spite of never having been a part of it.

It also amazes me that the perception is someone is more qualified by having a law degree, being a community organizer, an Illinois State Senator for 8 years, a U.S. Senator for roughly 2 years before running for the office of President Of The United States, than someone who has been a successful businessman creating deals around the world while rubbing elbows with players at the highest level.

Mind boggling. I guess you are born a politician and if you aren’t, you’re not qualified.

Yes, because being a politician means never telling the truth or being yourself. It means you are all ways worried about how you are perceived and being PC so as not to offend anyone......

There is nothing written that says you have to be a pol to run a Country. If fact our Country is just the opposite. We just finished 8 years of a politician that was the most unqualified, ignorant PC anti American Pol we've ever seen. Once the dumbmasses elected that dipshit...it opened the door to anyone at anytime

It also amazes me that the perception is someone is more qualified by having a law degree, being a community organizer, an Illinois State Senator for 8 years, a U.S. Senator for roughly 2 years before running for the office of President Of The United States, than someone who has been a successful businessman creating deals around the world while rubbing elbows with players at the highest level.

Mind boggling. I guess you are born a politician and if you aren’t, you’re not qualified.
It's a fair point. And it isn't to say that someone like, say, Tillerson wouldn't be "qualified" to be POTUS or that Trump isn't.

My point was more that I find it humorous that people tend to consider lack of experience a plus over someone who has actually passed a bill or run a state.

For example, if you want to say Trump's biz experience qualified him, that's fine. But the people who liked Ben Carson because he wasn't a politician (and hadn't even run a lemonade stand) made me laugh.

United States of America? My first thought was about the revocation of that previous administration's racist policies. Obama successfully surpassed Jimmy Carter as the worst president in American history.
nbc-fires-donald-trump-after-he-calls-mexicans-rapists-and-drug-runners.jpg

ct-donald-trump-incompetent-president-chapman-perspec-20201010

My first thought was, if the Clinton Foundation was a stock, it would be the greatest short sale ever.

Yeah, loved how he’s not a politician. Says what he thinks like how he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th ave is and not lose voters. Or that ted Cruz’s father was involved in the JFK assasination. Or that he likes the ones who weren’t captured. Love that he speaks his mind because it’s so great! Also love all the Goldman Sachs folks on his staff. And most of all I love how he’s helped a liberal like me whose entire financial net worth is in the stock market! Hope the steelworkers or farmers (who benefit from nafta greatly and need migrant workers) don’t mind!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...economy/trump-steel-industry-layoffs.amp.html

Reactions: pawd
Yeah, loved how he’s not a politician. Says what he thinks like how he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th ave is and not lose voters. Or that ted Cruz’s father was involved in the JFK assasination. Or that he likes the ones who weren’t captured. Love that he speaks his mind because it’s so great! Also love all the Goldman Sachs folks on his staff. And most of all I love how he’s helped a liberal like me whose entire financial net worth is in the stock market! Hope the steelworkers or farmers (who benefit from nafta greatly and need migrant workers) don’t mind!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...economy/trump-steel-industry-layoffs.amp.html
At first I thought you were serious, but when I read the part about you being in the stock market I knew you were trolling.

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
Yes, all of my financial net worth is in the stock market. But here’s the deal, on a serious note. There are tons of people out there who would never vote for Obama, even if they benefited from some of his policies. They wouldnt’t do it on principle in their minds but quite frankly a lot of them just don’t like him or other Dems because they aren’t on their tribal team. It’s human, I get it. Same with me really. I just don’t like Trump, even though I’ll benefit from some of his policies. But I also think a lot of his policies (not all) are bad for the country. But mostly I just don’t like him because of how he acts. I find the excuse that he’s not a politician ridiculous.

Reactions: pawd
Yes, all of my financial net worth is in the stock market. But here’s the deal, on a serious note. There are tons of people out there who would never vote for Obama, even if they benefited from some of his policies. They wouldnt’t do it on principle in their minds but quite frankly a lot of them just don’t like him or other Dems because they aren’t on their tribal team. It’s human, I get it. Same with me really. I just don’t like Trump, even though I’ll benefit from some of his policies. But I also think a lot of his policies (not all) are bad for the country. But mostly I just don’t like him because of how he acts. I find the excuse that he’s not a politician ridiculous.
Fair enough. I don't particularly care for his tone, and I really dislike the tweeting. But I agree with his policies, and I appreciate the fact he acts like a leader and makes decisions without worrying about the media fallout or the political consequences. I also like the fact that he definitely makes people feel like he's an America First guy. I find it incredible that a multi-billionaire relates to blue collar workers and vice versa. So despite everything he's still better than Hitlery, and those were our choices.

He's, first and foremost, a grifter, a con man, and an inveterate liar. He lies when the truth's easier. He is an embarrassment and a laughing stock in the eyes of the world. The mid term elections (2018) can't get here soon enough, and then, that happy day in November, 2020, when we can at long last put an end to this most shameful of all American Presidencies.

He's, first and foremost, a grifter, a con man, and an inveterate liar. He lies when the truth's easier. He is an embarrassment and a laughing stock in the eyes of the world. The mid term elections (2018) can't get here soon enough, and then, that happy day in November, 2020, when we can at long last put an end to this most shameful of all American Presidencies.
Howdahell did you get 3 likes? StreisandDawg, WinfreyDawg, and RosieDawg?

I laughed because when it became obvious he would win I switched over to MSNBC. The MSM in this country if off the rails, so anytime their narrative is disrupted I am delighted.

I did the same thing. I loved watching MSNBC during this. My wife was initially like what are you doing watching this crap, and I said for the tears and nonsense. She then realized we were watching comedy or something like it. To top it all off we were at Disney world too

Reactions: Section220Dawg

The two worst words in the English language are “career politician”. Don’t try to make a comparison between Doctors and politicians. Politics was “never” intended to be a career. It’s just an example where the founding fathers screwed up, just like with the Supreme Court, by not having term limits.

Only a complete piece of worthless shit like you and the other scum on this board would find Trump likeable. He’s a loathsome scum bag and the biggest moron on planet Earth.

LOL.......after 8 years of Barry and Mooshell acting the “Jefferson’s”. More interested in hobnobbing with the Hollywood celebrities, showing up on every late night talk show and figuring out where to take their next taxpayer funded vacation, while doubling the national debt. Obama never even operated a successful lemonade stand in the private sector and it showed. Community Organizer? LOL.....I bet you had to have a GED to qualify for that job. Likeable? This isn’t a “most popular” high school contest either. But it wasn’t Obama personally that was bad, it’s that all of his policies were bad. I don’t care if a President is likeable or would make a great friend or next door neighbor. It’s a job and so far Trumps doing pretty good at it.

Yeah it’s a shame things are going so well. Democrats hate that. They want as many folks beholden to Washington handouts as possible, so they can provide food stamps and Sec. 8 housing for the needy. A prosperous America is the last thing they want before an election. More jobs and rising wages with lower taxes and more money in people’s pockets. A real “Armageddon” for the Dems if the economy continues on its upward trajection. As for as the “eyes of the world” I don’t give two shits what the rest of the world thinks about the President or the United States. Most of those countries have their own Self-created problems brought about by mostly liberal politicians. Which is why they can’t go anywhere without wondering when the next homemade bomb is going to explode.

Honestly, as a die-hatd capatalist with serious libertarian leanings... I thought he was a crappy choice overall. I thought he would be good for the economy and us government haters, and justvway too controversial for the leftists and right-wingers to ever get along. So far, as I haven't done myvtaxes, I am not seeing one benefit or negative effect. Personally, he hasn't had a single effect on what I have done personally.

Only a complete piece of worthless shit like you and the other scum on this board would find Trump likeable. He’s a loathsome scum bag and the biggest moron on planet Earth.
LOL....Mad bro? Look light weight moonbats like you gave us 8 years of the most unqualified empty suit rabble rousing , racist dirtbag we've ever seen. He was a disaster . never more than 2 percent growth. Trump already has the economy waking up after that sleeping pill.

Anyone that would have supported a lying corrupt POS like Hillary Clinton over Trump is simple........as stupid leach who uses gov to get even with people they envy. Dipshit

Reactions: d-dawg
My first thought is that I hope the office elevates his character and his rhetoric. So that didn't work out.

Yeah because we don't need a POTUS that says stuff like the police acted stupidly, or if you own a small business you didn't build that or clinging to their God, guns and religion. Oh wait, I guess it's okay to offend people that are doing nothing but working hard and want to be left alone but calling Rosie a pig is out of bounds.

Yeah because we don't need a POTUS that says stuff like the police acted stupidly, or if you own a small business you didn't build that or clinging to their God, guns and religion. Oh wait, I guess it's okay to offend people that are doing nothing but working hard and want to be left alone but calling Rosie a pig is out of bounds.
Dang, that was great. Liberals seem to be made uncomfortable by people who work. They want to bring millions of Central Americans, Haitians, and Africans here, get them on welfare, rack up their votes, while working Americans foot the bill. Just mention building a wall so we can control who enters the country and they squeal like somebody’s got a kid by the pecker. Why is that? Incomprehensible. Why do they not want to ensure the integrity of the border?

Dang, that was great. Liberals seem to be made uncomfortable by people who work. They want to bring millions of Central Americans, Haitians, and Africans here, get them on welfare, rack up their votes, while working Americans foot the bill. Just mention building a wall so we can control who enters the country and they squeal like somebody’s got a kid by the pecker. Why is that? Incomprehensible. Why do they not want to ensure the integrity of the border?

I find it hard to focus on anything until I know, for certain, that the Dreamers are cleared to continue on their paths to all becoming rocket scientists, Navy Seals, and brain surgeons.

I find it hard to focus on anything until I know, for certain, that the Dreamers are cleared to continue on their paths to all becoming rocket scientists, Navy Seals, and brain surgeons.
If none of that works out for them, there’s always Section 8, food stamps, Aid To Dependent Parasites, and a hundred other ways struggling Americans can be forced to pay for a bunch of people they didn’t want here in the first place.

I was pretty bummed. I don't like his idea on the border wall and his isolationist theories on economics. I think his partnership with Congress on the tax plan is turning out to be a catalyst for what could be one of the great economic expansions in U.S. history.

I was pretty bummed. I don't like his idea on the border wall and his isolationist theories on economics. I think his partnership with Congress on the tax plan is turning out to be a catalyst for what could be one of the great economic expansions in U.S. history.
Isolationist? He’s never said anything remote;ly close to that. Now, you’re just making chit up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT