ADVERTISEMENT

What/who are we?

Calebhuff4

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2021
I truly don't understand this team. I haven't seen a team like this since Bobo was the OC and coincidentally, he's the OC. For the record, I think ever since the 2nd half of the SC game, Bobo has done mostly great. The offense turned the ball over twice against Auburn, and those two turnovers are what made the game so close but we had some CLUTCH drives in that game that were beautifully called.

The offensive line looks WAY better at run blocking. We're going to have a good problem when Mimms gets back. Truss may have lost his job at guard. Every since Mimms' injury the tackle play has decreased, and guard play increased.

Beck is clutch and can zip it. If we can just connect on those wide open deep shots the offense goes from good to elite. Rosemy is having his best year, Ladd is back, Bowers is the Heisman whether he's actually awarded the trophy or not.

Daijun and Bell have to be our thunder and lightening moving forward, and we have to find a way to start hitting Bell on some explosive passes out of the backfield. That will take this offensive to a whole new level.

Can we fix the defensive problems, or is it just what it is at this point? It seems like we cannot set the edge, and we don't have the speed inside to go sideline to sideline with backs. It feels weird to say that our tackling seems bad to me. Poor angles and low effort tackling. Perhaps we miss Robert Beal more than I realized we would. We were WAY better than this at defending the run even when Nolan and Carter were hurt.

I think Maliki is perhaps the best safety Kirby has ever had, but I'm not sure him or Bullard can fly downhill and make an open field tackle on the perimeter the way that Chris Smith could.

We are not far from having a championship level offense. The pieces are there, and each week we seem to get closer. The defense has from now until November to get A LOT better or Tennessee will run for 250 on us and we will lose the east. Lots of guys have to somehow become faster, stronger, and more talented over the next few weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.