ADVERTISEMENT

What will it take to go from very good recruiting classes

tatemorris1

National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2005
to great?

It sounds simple, but I think we really have to accomplish more on the field. We have to stop losing games we should win. And not that you expect to win them all, but we were favored in every game this year. Most of the schools that we recruit against can point to a National Championship trophy they earned in the recent past.

I don't think we are getting outworked on the recruiting trail. I don't think the AD is holding us back. I don't think CMR is too nice. I don't think we need an indoor practice facility. Or whatever other excuse/reason folks give for not bringing in great recruiting classes. The reality is that we are just going to need to break through on the field and win something of significance. It is much easier for the staff to sell that we want you to come here to win championships when the coach has actually won one. Right now we are selling a dream to these top recruits, while most of the other coaches are selling the reality of what they have accomplished.

On the bright side, I do think we are close to breaking through. We will just have to do it with very good recruiting classes. And I firmly believe that once we do, you will see our staff look like world beaters on the recruiting trail.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.