ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg When do you decide you have adopted a new “team” and how do you announce your new found fandomship?

w00f

Publix Cake Decorator
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2016
da bay
This has been a challenge for me as an adult. If I didn’t develop my fascination with a team in my youth, I struggle to feel like a “real fan.” I’ve pulled for the Braves since the Andruw and Chipper days. My dad passed on my love for the Dawgs. He worked for the university for 18 years in the 80s and 90s. Those are still the only teams I consider myself a true fan of.

I moved to the Bay Area 10 years ago, just as The Warriors dynasty was gaining speed. I pulled for the Hawks in the Eastern Conference Finals in 2015 but after getting knocked out by Cleveland I began watching The Warriors for the first time. Over the last 10 years I’ve watched many times more Warriors games than any other team in any sport. Mostly because of TV availability and the volume of games. Oh and they were really fun to watch. But even given that, I don’t really consider myself a true fan. Partly because of the timing. My interest in them and the trajectory of their success are just too closely aligned. And I think I have to admit I wouldn’t have watch them had they not been on a historically great tear.

Have you adopted a team as an adult? What were the reasons for it?

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News