ADVERTISEMENT

Where I was right where I was wrong 2022 college football season

orangeisgay

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2004
I did this for a group text that I am in so some of the things I said to them I may or may not have posted here, there are some things I can take credit for calling and some I certainly cannot but these were my thoughts going into the season.

Where I was right where I was wrong 2022 Football Season

UGA - I expected us to go undefeated when I looked at the schedule, I thought the toughest out would be Miss St and Ky at the beginning of the season, I had no idea Missouri would be the toughest and that we would score so little against ky (weather and injuries played a role). I thought the defense would take a step back but be great by the end of the season, they didn’t take much of a step back at all and are better at the end of the season despite key injuries. I thought the offense would be dynamic all season, I was wrong but its still been good and could be better down the stretch with the return of AD. I think we can win it all again but we will need to heal up and work on some things during dec. I think we could be even better than this year in 2023 but will wait on that a bit.

Bama - Picked them to go 10 and 2 thats exactly what they did. I think the OL and the lack of elite speed at WR cause them issues because of the way that BOB calls games. The defense once again does not have the elite players on the DL that they used to have and the team is not as physical as they used to be. What I did not expect was their lack of discipline, and I mentioned during the Texas game to start that that could be fixed, but it never was and they made horrible mistakes all year and did so this weekend against Auburn despite the significant win. I think that in order to have a good season next year Saban will have to hit the portal for a qb and make adjustments at coordinator positions.

Clemson - I predicted this might be the last year of them being really good, thought they would go 11 and 1 or 10 and 2 but win ACC, thought they would either just miss the playoffs or make it in at 4 and get slaughtered. Dabo has a problem on his hands with his staff, its not what it used to be, he doesn’t have elite wideouts or an elite QB and he refuses to use the portal so while recruiting is still good the team will look different when the defense that is about to graduate leaves after this year.

Florida - Picked them to go 6 and 6 they did what I thought, won some games I thought they would not lost some I thought they would, end result is the same. I never thought AR15 was any good, I knew they had depth issues, knew the defense was a mess and I am not convinced Billy is the man for the job down there. Florida did not improve during the season they now will lose some key players and the culture is not fixed yet so Billy is now behind on his timeline and the fan base is very impatient.

Tech - Thought they would win 4, they exceeded expectations even with the firing of a coach. I Think with Key to start season, they would have won 7 games and be bowling.

Tennessee - They were not on my radar really thought they would win 8 or 9, didn’t see them being this good but did see them in a toss up vs Bama due to being home. 2023 will be interesting without 30 seniors, look for them to recruit well and do well in the Portal.

LSu - Due to the way they played late in the season last year winning games they should not with hardly any players and a lame duck coach I thought they could have a good season with Kelly if they could survive early games, never picked a record but thought they were a dark horse west winner or challenger. LSU will be trouble in the west going forward.

Ole Miss - I was wrong about them thought they would go 11 and 1 or 10 and 2 and possibly win the west, I had no idea they would be so poor in the passing game, that was a surprise and their defense was not great either all a surprise.

Arkansas - My biggest wrong of all, thought they could challenge for the west with their QB, Wr and OL and Defense, they were a huge disappointment really bad compared to what I thought.

FSU - Never made a prediction but never thought they would be any good they have surprised. Now FSU needs to recruit or they will be decent and never great.

USC - Never made an official prediction but thought they would be in playoff in year 2 with Riley, now they look to be in year 1. With NIL and Riley they will be good going forward and in the playoff regularly for the same reasons Clemson was year after year.

SC - Thought they would be dangerous but didn’t see them with the kind of wins they had to end the season. I thought Rattler would be better earlier he’s been better late, he needs another year of development and then could be an early pick in draft.

Texas A and M - I thought they would win 8 or 9 games thought they were potential west challengers due to talent and Jimbo as a coach. I was wrong they were bad, but what I was right about is never being afraid of their recruiting classes because I knew Jimbo could not manage a football team with all that talent in the locker room, this I was absolutely correct on. Jumbo will never have a long run anywhere he just can’t sustain success.

Miami - No season pick but thought they would start making noise already but they were just piss poor, maybe year 2 will prove to be good after a rough year 1.

Ohio State and Michigan - Thought both would be good, thought season would come to last game for them, early in the year I thought that Ohio State would win the Michigan game but closer to game I thought Michigan would due to their physical play, I never called it to anyone so can’t take any credit for Michigan win at all, but this sure is interesting that now 2 years in a row Michigan has won with less talent, now Stroud will leave and Ohio State goes to Michigan next year. Buckeyes aren’t going to be happy this offseason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News