ADVERTISEMENT

who anointed Kirk Herbstreit grand poobah of collegiate football analysis

wayxpython

Diehard supporter
Oct 20, 2011
Willacoochee, GA
never liked his sorry ass.........stopped watching Game Day in '97 'cause of that idiot. Then, in '08 we all recall the idiot crying on national T.V. to get Michigan into title game rematch so Ohio State wood win mythical national title...............yet, the previous season he cried 'bout institutions needing to win their conferences to get into title game.................best thing about going to an expanded playoff is to do away with human element in collegiate football equation. As long as clowns like Kirk have a voice on who gets into playoffs, it will always be mythical in my books.

"Kirk Herbstreit, one of college football’s biggest influencers, dropped UGA out of his weekly top four on Sunday.

Not sure if UGA could’ve performed any better this weekend to drop in anyone’s rankings. But it looks like the ESPN broadcaster was paying more attention to the accomplishments of another SEC team.

The team replacing UGA in Herbstreit’s top four was LSU, which registered a signature road win over Texas on Saturday night.

Back to Herbstreit: He listed UGA as one of his “next two,” along with Oklahoma.

With the Bulldogs playing another cupcake opponent (Arkansas State) this week, they might have to wait until the Notre Dame showdown to impress Herbstreit again."

RS618541_20191103_PE3_7546-e1547664394369.jpg

Don’t like the guy either, but some thought LSU would be 3 with their win. I thought they’d jump us just because polls love the coolest flavor at the time. Polls also regularly take into account prior year outcomes early in the season. LSU and Texas both beat the Dawgs last year. So the misguided mind believes their better this year. It’s just the way it is - keep winning and everything will take care of itself.

Someone smarter than me...explain how this poll has the usual suspects at the top..Bama, Clemsion, theO'su, LSU...and UGA is 46th.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
The algorithm being used is only as good as the person entering the data into it.................Alabama's strength of schedule weaker than 'Dogs' schedule, yet they're still rated number one.

This diagram explains it best.

5326d554-d222-4549-b61c-1b730dcb6c4c.jpg

Eva is an expert on algorithm; she can be reached at Cornell University 607-255-0983. And, yes, 88.32% of this site wood do her.
Tardos.Eva.Aug2005.nb.JPG

never liked his sorry ass.........stopped watching Game Day in '97 'cause of that idiot. Then, in '08 we all recall the idiot crying on national T.V. to get Michigan into title game rematch so Ohio State wood win mythical national title...............yet, the previous season he cried 'bout institutions needing to win their conferences to get into title game.................best thing about going to an expanded playoff is to do away with human element in collegiate football equation. As long as clowns like Kirk have a voice on who gets into playoffs, it will always be mythical in my books.

"Kirk Herbstreit, one of college football’s biggest influencers, dropped UGA out of his weekly top four on Sunday.

Not sure if UGA could’ve performed any better this weekend to drop in anyone’s rankings. But it looks like the ESPN broadcaster was paying more attention to the accomplishments of another SEC team.

The team replacing UGA in Herbstreit’s top four was LSU, which registered a signature road win over Texas on Saturday night.

Back to Herbstreit: He listed UGA as one of his “next two,” along with Oklahoma.

With the Bulldogs playing another cupcake opponent (Arkansas State) this week, they might have to wait until the Notre Dame showdown to impress Herbstreit again."

never liked his sorry
ass.........stopped watching Game Day in '97 'cause of that idiot. Then, in '08 we all recall the idiot crying on national T.V. to get Michigan into title game rematch so Ohio State wood win mythical national title...............yet, the previous season he cried 'bout institutions needing to win their conferences to get into title game.................best thing about going to an expanded playoff is to do away with human element in collegiate football equation. As long as clowns like Kirk have a voice on who gets into playoffs, it will always be mythical in my books.
Who cares what he thinks right now he will change his mind each week. As far influence on college ball amounts a hill of beans . I do think they may have some influence on the Heisman vote because they have a lot influence on who's highlight film gets shown a lot.
With our schedule after this week and the SEC championship game only we can keep ourselves out the playoffs . No amount of taking heads can keep us out if we all our games.
There are 6 good teams right now with a chance we will one them and that will play the other one. I feel good about our chances

The algorithm being used is only as good as the person entering the data into it.................Alabama's strength of schedule weaker than 'Dogs' schedule, yet they're still rated number one.

This diagram explains it best.

5326d554-d222-4549-b61c-1b730dcb6c4c.jpg

Eva is an expert on algorithm; she can be reached at Cornell University 607-255-0983. And, yes, 88.32% of this site wood do her.
Tardos.Eva.Aug2005.nb.JPG
Please consider me an 11.68percenter. :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT