ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin folks are paying $967 more per month for household items / goods

Wisconsin folks are paying $967 more per month for household items / goods Than they did 3 and a half years ago. Unless a family is really well off that hast to suck.
I hope it sucks bad enough that they go to the polls and vote out the dotard whose spending and energy policies wrought the inflation that is costing them $967 more per month.

Unfortunately a lot of money is invested in political campaigns to register and vote historically democrat regions, which provides a powerful counter to reason and debate and cancels out the vote of people that do not need a person knocking on their door or a bus to the voting booth,as they are inspired to go to the voting booth without assistance,..I'm interested to see how much that zuckerbucks/Facebook donates to election drives in democratic areas this election,...in 2020 he donated 300 million for election drives in historically democrat areas,.. zuckerbucks needs to increase that amount greatly this year to cancel out people inspired enough to register and vote without govt assistance of travel to a voting booth and without the govt assistance of purchasing a voter id

Unfortunately a lot of money is invested in political campaigns to register and vote historically democrat regions, which provides a powerful counter to reason and debate and cancels out the vote of people that do not need a person knocking on their door or a bus to the voting booth,as they are inspired to go to the voting booth without assistance,..I'm interested to see how much that zuckerbucks/Facebook donates to election drives in democratic areas this election,...in 2020 he donated 300 million for election drives in historically democrat areas,.. zuckerbucks needs to increase that amount greatly this year to cancel out people inspired enough to register and vote without govt assistance of travel to a voting booth and without the govt assistance of purchasing a voter id

I think it will be Much Less impact
due to what We See and Hear from JRB...
watch, as he descends into "Idiocracy."
We are already there.

"idiocracy" is a must watch movie..
funny yet poignant.

Last edited:
I hope it sucks bad enough that they go to the polls and vote out the dotard whose spending and energy policies wrought the inflation that is costing them $967 more per month.
How much more are Wisconsin folks making each month compared to 3.5 years ago? Honest question.

This is meaningless information without all data points.

How much more are Wisconsin folks making each month compared to 3.5 years ago? Honest question.

It is absolutely not meaningless. Do you have a problem with people’s wages increasing over 3.5 years while prices only increase 2% per year due to responsible fiscal policy? In other words, they become better off? Your braindead democrat caused this inflation and Americans living on the edge are suffering immensely and you RATS do not give a SHIT. All they care about is their scam climate crap, their kickbacks, and f***ing transvestites. But you go ahead and vote your conscience.

It is absolutely not meaningless. Do you have a problem with people’s wages increasing over 3.5 years while prices only increase 2% per year due to responsible fiscal policy? In other words, they become better off? Your braindead democrat caused this inflation and Americans living on the edge are suffering immensely and you RATS do not give a SHIT. All they care about is their scam climate crap, their kickbacks, and f***ing transvestites. But you go ahead and vote your conscience.
Also these criminal illegal immagrents.

On average about a half of that.
I appreciate the adult response...unlike some others here...

This provides proper context for the discussion.

Curious as to what the items and services are they are referencing. Any idea?

Does it matter?
Sure does matter.

Are they spending more money on beer? Cheese? Toilet paper? Diapers? Did their family size get bigger (more kids)? Did elderly parents move in with them and that affects their budget?

Throwing out a number with no context does nothing but rile people up.

Trying to have civil discourse here but some just want to bang on their keyboard.

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
Sure does matter.

Are they spending more money on beer? Cheese? Toilet paper? Diapers? Did their family size get bigger (more kids)? Did elderly parents move in with them and that affects their budget?
Trying to have civil discourse here but SOME just want to bang on their keyboard.
Dear jl,
You’re making this more complicated than it needs to be.
Consumer Price Index: an index of the variation in prices paid by typical consumers for retail goods and other items.

Signed,
Some

Last edited:
I appreciate the adult response...unlike some others here...

This provides proper context for the discussion.

Curious as to what the items and services are they are referencing. Any idea?
I have posted this before. I have a family of 6. Per person it costs 350 dollars per month more per person. I promise you my earnings having increased that much. Neither has theirs. And this was done by me two years ago. The numbers are worse now. Without a doubt.

This is the biggest issue. My daughter graduated with a masters degree in education. Got a job. Got an apartment. Has a 350 dollar car payment. 200 dollar student loan payment. Most of that is graduate school. No help there. The apartment is a nice but not crazy apartment in Athens. Safe area but not crazy expensive. She couldn’t make ends meet. 45000 a year. Had insurance taken out and retirement. Not even close. 400-800 short a month. That is with me paying her car insurance too. Those are all facts I promise you. 2900 take home. 1350 apartment. 450 utilities. 350 car. 200 student loans. 500 food. 250 gas. You want to go looking for any extra expenses there that come up. Car servicing. Cell phone. Etc. Can’t live on your own as a first year teacher. This is where we are.

Sure does matter.

Throwing out a number with no context does nothing but rile people up.

Trying to have civil discourse here but some just want to bang on their keyboard.
This isn't a serious response. Beer?

Dear jl,
You’re making this more complicated than it needs to be.
Consumer Price Index: an index of the variation in prices paid by typical consumers for retail goods and other items.

Signed,
Some
No, people try to make it too simple. To better understand the numbers, we need to know what items specifically. Not everything is joe bidens or Donald trump's fault.

My point is is the increase on those surveyed purely based on inflation or change in circumstances? Not trying to start an argument with anyone, just asking for data. The way it is written above is not clear. Do items cost more (yes, they do) or are people buying more (unclear, but could be yes could be no)?

I have posted this before. I have a family of 6. Per person it costs 350 dollars per month more per person. I promise you my earnings having increased that much. Neither has theirs. And this was done by me two years ago. The numbers are worse now. Without a doubt.

This is the biggest issue. My daughter graduated with a masters degree in education. Got a job. Got an apartment. Has a 350 dollar car payment. 200 dollar student loan payment. Most of that is graduate school. No help there. The apartment is a nice but not crazy apartment in Athens. Safe area but not crazy expensive. She couldn’t make ends meet. 45000 a year. Had insurance taken out and retirement. Not even close. 400-800 short a month. That is with me paying her car insurance too. Those are all facts I promise you. 2900 take home. 1350 apartment. 450 utilities. 350 car. 200 student loans. 500 food. 250 gas. You want to go looking for any extra expenses there that come up. Car servicing. Cell phone. Etc. Can’t live on your own as a first year teacher. This is where we are.
I appreciate you sharing again as it does bring needed perspective to the dialogue. I'm looking for something similar for the $967 increase stated above if that even exists.

3.5 years ago my expenses were lower, but not primarily due to inflation. They have increased due to the size of my family increasing by 1. In 6 months it will change again as we welcome another addition in December (3 on 2...any advice??? Haha).

Unsolicited advice for your daughter have shared before (been there my friend and it for sure sucks): it gets better. Hang in there. Try to enjoy this season of life....you will wish to go back someday. #adultingsucks

This isn't a serious response. Beer?
You ever been to Wisconsin? They have 2 food groups...beer and cheese. If they could fry beer, they would (I bet they have tried). It was 50% tongue in cheek....50% serious.

Reactions: zingerdawg

"Real Wages" Jan 2021 - May 2024:

inflation-wages-junefig2.png

"My nickel is not worth a dime" anymore:

W
And I guess I’m “some others” whose response didn’t measure up to an “adult response” as judged by a different some other.
Why is homeowners and auto insurance increasing like this? Mine kept going up every year until I had to find another agency. I have a 2004 Buick Rondeveaux with 100000 miles on it. It jumped up to over 700 dollars every six months. The vehicle is not worth that now.

W

Why is homeowners and auto insurance increasing like this? Mine kept going up every year until I had to find another agency. I have a 2004 Buick Rondeveaux with 100000 miles on it. It jumped up to over 700 dollars every six months. The vehicle is not worth that now.
People gotta live, wages/profitability are trying to keep up with inflation…..but it isn’t working, that is part of it.

They are just passing everything on to you/us. Everybody needs to do their homework and vote.

now that's more like it (although I would like to see a little more specificity to "items/goods"). Thanks for providing.

Can we get Wisconsin specific? Again curious as some areas in Wisconsin are pretty affordable.

now that's more like it (although I would like to see a little more specificity to "items/goods"). Thanks for providing.

Can we get Wisconsin specific? Again curious as some areas in Wisconsin are pretty affordable.
Believe DD already gave you the definition of CPI. But this is basically it.

The CPI is calculated by using a representative basket of goods and services.”

“Real Wages” you should already know.

Thinks Zinger gave you what he is spending monthly. It all has been out of control since Biden has taken office, admittedly it has gotten better this year…..but wages still haven’t caught up and there are a great deal of people trying to keep their heads above water.

Things started to spiral out of control in Feb/21 after a 1.4% number in Jan/21.

Last edited:
Believe DD already gave you the definition of CPI. But this is basically it.

The CPI is calculated by using a representative basket of goods and services.”

Things such as rent, mortgage, insurance, etc are not included. “Real Wages” you should already know.

Thinks Zinger gave you what he is spending monthly. It all has been out of control since Biden has taken office, admittedly it has gotten better this year…..but wages still haven’t caught up and there are a great deal of people trying to keep their heads above water.

Things started to spiral out of control in Feb/21 after a 1.4% number in Jan/21.
Everyone's situation is different. I get that.

Please don't take my position as me being OK with spending more money. I HATE IT. I think that is something we can all agree on. It's why we don't eat out as much currently.

I'm more taking issue with the conclusion that because people are spending more money, all are "worse off". It's all relative to income increases, specific to Wisconsin in this discussion (not national calculations). In the last 12 months Wisconsin income increases are outpacing the national average. That's an important data point to consider.

That's all saying here.

Please don't take my position as me being OK with spending more money. I HATE IT. I think that is something we can all agree on. It's why we don't eat out as much currently.

I'm more taking issue with the conclusion that because people are spending more money, all are "worse off". It's all relative to income increases, specific to Wisconsin in this discussion (not national calculations). In the last 12 months Wisconsin income increases are outpacing the national average. That's an important data point to consider.

That's all saying here.
That is the average household. My household is spending more. I have 5 kids and we definitely feel it each month.

That's all saying here.
No idea what is going on in Wisconsin.

But misspoke earlier and since edited. Here is a list of what is included in CPI per US Dept of Labor:

• FOOD AND BEVERAGES (breakfast cereal, milk, coffee, chicken, wine, full service meals and snacks)
  • HOUSING (rent of primary residence, owners' equivalent rent, fuel oil, bedroom furniture);
  • APPAREL (men's shirts and sweaters, women's dresses, jewelry);
  • TRANSPORTATION (new vehicles, airline fares, gasoline, motor vehicle insurance);
  • MEDICAL CARE (prescription drugs and medical supplies, physicians' services, eyeglasses and eye care, hospital services);
  • RECREATION (televisions, cable television, pets and pet products, sports equipment, admissions);
  • EDUCATION AND COMMUNICATION (college tuition, postage, telephone services, computer software and accessories);
  • OTHER GOODS AND SERVICES (tobacco and smoking products, haircuts and other personal services, funeral expenses).
I believe the only thing that may not be included is insurance, stocks, bonds and real estate. They sometimes change things.

Nonetheless, things are bad for a lot of folks the past 4 years and they haven’t caught up…..it’s a major issue come voting time.

You know I saw a guy with a strong financial pitch, wanted to get me interested in real estate, because the way he sees it, rents will double in ten years! It’s a gold mine! That man should be shot on general principles.

Exactly.

Things are simply too expensive.

The math just doesn't add up

W

Hey Cherry missed see you post. Glad to see you back!

W

I am in the industry and it sucks right now. Companies had rate increases most times when they made money. Just not as much as they wanted to make. Now they are actually losing money. Which is a little scary. The rate is very cyclical right now. Super volatile

I am in the industry and it sucks right now. Companies had rate increases most times when they made money. Just not as much as they wanted to make. Now they are actually losing money. Which is a little scary. The rate is very cyclical right now. Super volatile
I had been with State Farm for over 40years but couldn’t afford to pay my premiums. I had to cut them loose.

Reactions: zingerdawg

There is a chain salad / wrap shop close to my office that I used to frequent for lunch at least once a week. Due to the fact that I am rarely in the office (usually in the field or traveling for work) and usually don’t eat out when I am these days, I hadn’t eaten there in several years. I forgot to bring my lunch yesterday when I happened to be in the office, so I went there to grab a wrap. For a chicken and salad wrap, a small fruit cup, and a bottled water, the bill was over $24 before they stuck the 20% tip button in your face. The last time I went the same order was around $12 and they didn’t have a “tip button” as this is a walk up counter. The food and housing inflation is truly amazing, and I work in the housing industry.

There is a chain salad / wrap shop close to my office that I used to frequent for lunch at least once a week. Due to the fact that I am rarely in the office (usually in the field or traveling for work) and usually don’t eat out when I am these days, I hadn’t eaten there in several years. I forgot to bring my lunch yesterday when I happened to be in the office, so I went there to grab a wrap. For a chicken and salad wrap, a small fruit cup, and a bottled water, the bill was over $24 before they stuck the 20% tip button in your face. The last time I went the same order was around $12 and they didn’t have a “tip button” as this is a walk up counter. The food and housing inflation is truly amazing, and I work in the housing industry.
It isn’t close to the numbers being reported. It is 100 percent more. I am a breakfast person. Pick up something from time to time on the way into the office. It is double what the piece was four years ago. That is everywhere. For my family of six, a meal at zaxby’s cost nearly 70 dollars. If you get just a combo and a drink. It is a freaking joke. Groceries are insane as well. Even the commercials the gop run don’t do inflation justice. Rent is at least 60 percent higher under this admin or more. It may not be their fault. Yada, Yada Yada. But the buck stops there. At least acknowledge it and try to fix it.

I think it will be Much Less impact
due to what We See and Hear from JRB...
watch, as he descends into "Idiocracy."
We are already there.

"idiocracy" is a must watch movie..
funny yet poignant.

Damn Right!

for Real, my friend!

ADVERTISEMENT