ADVERTISEMENT

Wish Megan Rapinoe was easier to pull for.

I am conservative and have many friends who are not. A lively discussion with friends who have different views than you is best way to understand each other. What is there to loose. You may learn something or at least have better understanding than fox news view.

She’s an American playing for her country and can say whatever she wants. I hope they win the whole thing and she gets a larger platform for the LGBTQ community. She deserves our respect.

Cant you just enjoy athletic skills in all sports without worrying about sex and politics. We put way too much energy in what athletes say and do. Just enjoy the sport.
I can separate the athlete from her sexual desires...she’s a super athlete, she can sex up as she wants, she can hate on Trump, but her kneeing to the nat’l anthem just tells me she’s apos...jmo.
Go USA scoccer!

I am conservative and have many friends who are not. A lively discussion with friends who have different views than you is best way to understand each other. What is there to loose. You may learn something or at least have better understanding than fox news view.

Why is it people lie to attempt to prove a point? I'm sure you're very conservative

She’s an American playing for her country and can say whatever she wants. I hope they win the whole thing and she gets a larger platform for the LGBTQ community. She deserves our respect.
Just me, but I don’t agree...she lost my respect with her kneeing platform stance. She doesn't deserve my respect and people can disagree w/me...jmo.

let her say what she wants, it's her right.....but why does she deserve our respect??
Exactly. Respect is earned, not given. She has done nothing to earn my respect, therefore none shall be given.

She plays for our national team, yet desecrates our anthem. It’s bad enough when some asshole that plays for San Francisco does it, but a player on our NATIONAL team?!? That just goes beyond the pale.

Cant you just enjoy athletic skills in all sports without worrying about sex and politics. We put way too much energy in what athletes say and do. Just enjoy the sport.

So why doesn’t she just stick to soccer instead of insulting the country politically? She seems to be worrying about sex and politics.

Sorry. can’t enjoy the match, won’t watch it and hope they lose. That way I can enjoy watching another sport. Watching athletes with no class or respect for our country bores me.

Just my opinion.

So let me get this straight..... you have to disrespect your country, internationally, to earn respect for the gay and lesbian community?

She deserves nothing. You earn respect by showing respect. She has been as disrespectful as any public figure could be.

She says she won’t go to the WH... I say I won’t watch the game. I deserve your respect?

If only Rapinoe believed that.

So why doesn’t she just stick to soccer instead of insulting the country politically? She seems to be worrying about sex and politics.

Sorry. can’t enjoy the match, won’t watch it and hope they lose. That way I can enjoy watching another sport. Watching athletes with no class or respect for our country bores me.

Just my opinion.

I can certainly understand that, but she is just one person on that team. I don’t agree with her beliefs/actions......but I will definitely pull for the team.

I can certainly understand that, but she is just one person on that team. I don’t agree with her beliefs/actions......but I will definitely pull for the team.
I think she is the captain of the team. Why doesn't the coach or her teammates, whoever appointed her the leader, withdraw her captaincy? Disrespecting the flag, the anthem, the president, and the White House as captain of the national team precludes my pulling for them. Plus, i thought the beatdown and celebration against Thailand was pathetic. Treated those poor Thai girls like they were Georgia Teck.

Reactions: blackpug6
SCOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!!!!
maxresdefault.jpg

I think she is the captain of the team. Why doesn't the coach or her teammates, whoever appointed her the leader, withdraw her captaincy? Disrespecting the flag, the anthem, the president, and the White House as captain of the national team precludes my pulling for them. Plus, i thought the beatdown and celebration against Thailand was pathetic. Treated those poor Thai girls like they were Georgia Teck.

As far as her taking a knee goes, the USSF told her she had to stand....she has been standing since. Her teammates have always stood. Can’t answer the captain thing, could be because she has been outspoken about fair pay. Personally, I don’t have an issue with the celebration thingy, it is an emotional sport...they showed emotion.

There seems to be always one in the bunch, she is the one....can’t not pull for them (USA).

Don’t agree or support her views or actions (other than equal pay). But I hope the US wins it all.

Here is a good article on the pay issue:

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/a...ality-lawsuit-gender-discrimination-us-soccer

Reactions: deadduckdawg
As far as her taking a knee goes, the USSF told her she had to stand....she has been standing since. Her teammates have always stood. Can’t answer the captain thing, could be because she has been outspoken about fair pay. Personally, I don’t have an issue with the celebration thingy, it is an emotional sport...they showed emotion.

There seems to be always one in the bunch, she is the one....can’t not pull for them (USA).

Don’t agree or support her views or actions (other than equal pay). But I hope the US wins it all.

Here is a good article on the pay issue:

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/a...ality-lawsuit-gender-discrimination-us-soccer
Yeah, no huge deal on the celebration thing, but it would be like us tearing the goalposts down after beating Murray State 80 to zip. Thailand is the worst team in the tournament, outscored 20 to 1 in 3 matches.

I would rather lose to Thailand without her than win any game with her. Her best statement would be to quit the team because of her beliefs. She probably gets her jollies pissing off old guys like me, anyway. LOL I absolutely don't care what she does in her free time But when she puts on the USA uniform, she needs to be proud to be an AMERICAN. Does women's soccer have a Transfer Portal. If she is unhappy here, Maybe she could apply to play for another country.

A calling card for all liberals is 'name calling;' you're 100%, unadulterated liberal...........there ain't nothing conservative about you, a/k/a/ Initials.
57bfa80b-992f-4c28-8ce6-db4e6b8f5bf7.jpeg

Which on these folks is you?

asians tend to get hosed.

I would rather lose to Thailand without her than win any game with her. Her best statement would be to quit the team because of her beliefs. She probably gets her jollies pissing off old guys like me, anyway. LOL I absolutely don't care what she does in her free time But when she puts on the USA uniform, she needs to be proud to be an AMERICAN. Does women's soccer have a Transfer Portal. If she is unhappy here, Maybe she could apply to play for another country.
Maybe she could transfer to Russia or Iran. Those countries would actually do bodily harm to her if she was gay and/or disrespected the country like she is doing in the US. Maybe then she would be more appreciative of the country she lives in.

Why does she deserve respect? If she's looking to make a point in protest...then don't play. What bigger point could she possibly have than that? But no, she's not passing up fame and fortune, her cause isn't that bid a deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT