ADVERTISEMENT

Witnessed my 5 year old son fall in love this fa...

jimdawg0524

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
I have 3 kids. Two girls and a boy and I adore all 3. All 3 have bonded with me in their own way and I have my own thing with each. My oldest daughter (9) is a softball player and I have loved being part of that...my middle daughter (8) is a US Kids golfer and i have been her caddie....and while they both say GO DAWGS! and watch moments of the game, they don't love it like me....I think that's why God blessed us with the 3rd child....this little 5 year old boy that has become obsessed with watching and playing every sport there is...but more specifically....has fallen in love with all things UGA (he watched the whole Lady Dawgs game against UK the other night.

He has been on the IPad pulling up every old UGA game he can find. He's watched every UGA-Bama game he can get his hands on. He watches the Devonta Smith highlight on tv and every time looks at me and simply says "...I hate that game!"

I had tickets for tonight....was invited by several groups to go to Indy. A couple years ago had you told me I wouldn't be travelling to watch the Dawgs in a national championship game, I would have told you that you obviously didn't know me very well. But tonight, when we end these 40 years of misery and finally get to experience the euphoria of saying "we are number 1!" and mean it literally and not figuratively....I will have a 5 year old UGA fanatic sitting on my lap as the clock hits zeroes....and there will be no other place I'd rather be.

Go Dawgs!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.