ADVERTISEMENT

Would you oppose the postal service mandating that all personal mail deliveries

PotimusWillie

B2B Caffeinated Nat’l Champion
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2009
would be left in drop boxes on the street corner in downtown Atlanta, for you to pick up each day, would you feel it would be safe? Why?

If you had to mail an expensive piece of jewelry to a customer, would you drop it off in a drop box on a street corner in Chicago, Atlanta, New York, Venice Beach?

If voter ID laws are repressive, how can Apple force Apple ID confirmation to upgrade any device I personally own? Is that not repressive?

I am of the opinion that anyone who owns and operates a cell phone is more than capable of securing an ID that would validate their vote.

It used to be that way, there were post boxes all over, went the way of phone booths

Reactions: blackpug6
I just wish the government would abolish the USPS. Biggest waste of money on the taxpayer

I just wish the government would abolish the USPS. Biggest waste of money on the taxpayer

You realize that would take a constitutional amendment right? I hope you also know that the USPS doesn't get money from the federal budget at all. It's self funded from fees for delivering mail and packages.

You realize that would take a constitutional amendment right? I hope you also know that the USPS doesn't get money from the budget it's self funded from fees for delivering mail and packages.

You realize that would take a constitutional amendment right? I hope you also know that the USPS doesn't get money from the budget it's self funded from fees for delivering mail and packages.
that is what most publications and USPS workers, admin say. However, I do believe in recent years there has been subsidies by the federal government to the US Post Office OIG. I could be wrong. But here on page one it seems to clarify the question:
https://www.uspsoig.gov/sites/default/files/document-library-files/2018/USPS OIG FY 2020 Congressional Budget Justification.pdf

Last edited:
that is what most publications and USPS workers, admin say. However, I do believe in recent years there has been subsidies by the federal government to the US Post Office OIG. I could be wrong. But here on page one it seems to clarify the question:
https://www.uspsoig.gov/sites/default/files/document-library-files/2018/USPS OIG FY 2020 Congressional Budget Justification.pdf

So the USPS got a 25b dollar subsidy during the pandemic year when everyone and their uncle got forgivible loans to hedge against the downturn due to the pandemic and that means they should be done away with? Meanwhile, the oil and gas industry got 60b+ in forgivible loans and grants during the same year.

So the USPS got a 25b dollar subsidy during the pandemic year when everyone and their uncle got forgivible loans to hedge against the downturn due to the pandemic and that means they should be done away with? Meanwhile, the oil and gas industry got 60b+ in forgivible loans and grants during the same year.
I did not say a dang thang about doing away with USPS. One of my best friends works for USPS. Quit reading into my post. My post said one thing. It appeared USPS did get a subsidy. And if you read the budget report it says they also got it in 18, 19, and 20. Wasn't just a pandemic year.

Reactions: blackpug6
ADVERTISEMENT