ADVERTISEMENT

WOW, 10 killed in Chicago...

Eastmandawg

Circle of Honor
May 29, 2001
this weekend. Been going on for some time, glad I don’t live there.

Mayor Beetljuice better get control.....

LIGHTFOOT_120319_01.0.jpg

Last edited:
This has been going on for decades. Other than bringing in the military, not sure how you stop it. The breakdown of the family is one of the main causes and the government cant fix that.

A good start would be for the community to decide it's not acceptable and demand order. Then you could use diversion programs for non violent crimes and lock people away that have demonstrated no ability to live in a civilized manner.

I'm all for rehabbing petty criminals and kids that get caught up in minor crimes but once someone demonstrates the ability to use a deadly weapon during the commission of a crime, I'm not sure rehabbing is even possible. It takes a special kind of sick to fire on targets that are housing children.

This has been going on for decades. Other than bringing in the military, not sure how you stop it. The breakdown of the family is one of the main causes and the government cant fix that.

Yup. July alone saw 106 murders & over 500 shootings in Chicago. I know 10 is too many but like I said above, that’s actually a very low number for a weekend in Chicago.

Operation LeGend doing work. Cut total crime by 30% in Kansas City in a matter of weeks. They’ve arrested right at 2,000 now including 90 homicide suspects. Some of their first arrests was the suspect responsible for killing the child the operation is named after followed by leaders of Chicago’s largest street gangs.

Meanwhile federal Marshall’s are locating & saving missing children across the nation by the dozen everyday & putting human traffickers & pedophiles behind bars.

A good start would be for the community to decide it's not acceptable and demand order. Then you could use diversion programs for non violent crimes and lock people away that have demonstrated no ability to live in a civilized manner.

I'm all for rehabbing petty criminals and kids that get caught up in minor crimes but once someone demonstrates the ability to use a deadly weapon during the commission of a crime, I'm not sure rehabbing is even possible. It takes a special kind of sick to fire on targets that are housing children.

Prison reform is a real & needed issue. Not sure how it gets done, but putting a non violent offender in a system where they become hardened criminals via rape, violence, & gangs isn’t doing anyone a damned bit of good.

Reactions: JohnnyBeeDawg
this weekend. Been going on for some time, glad I don’t live there.

Mayor Beetljuice better get control.....

LIGHTFOOT_120319_01.0.jpg
Its going to be a sad day once half the city's tax base moves out of that great town..and its just around the corner with yrs of terrible corrupt leadership

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT