ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, John King on CNN just said Dems are in total panic, and will ask Biden to step aside

If the people of this country votes Michelle in, that would mean 16 years of Barack in office. This country would not have a chance to survive.
I agree. But she is the only candidate that I feel would soundly defeat Trump. She immediately gets 100% of the black and Latino vote as well as the white female vote and all the current liberal males.
JC

She has 0 experience. Give people some credit.
I could not agree with you more. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think she would be wildly popular. Add the idea of the first female president being black (which doesn't matter to me, I just want the best qualified). The media would be over the top with her as a candidate. I'm not saying it will happen - I doubt it does. Essentially she would be a proxy vote for her husband. But the idea that she couldn't win is foolish.
Personally, I think the dems will trot out a sacrificial lamb (it may be Biden, but I doubt it) and concentrate on congressional seats and preparing for the next election.
JC

I could not agree with you more. But you're kidding yourself if you don't think she would be wildly popular. Add the idea of the first female president being black (which doesn't matter to me, I just want the best qualified). The media would be over the top with her as a candidate. I'm not saying it will happen - I doubt it does. Essentially she would be a proxy vote for her husband. But the idea that she couldn't win is foolish.
Personally, I think the dems will trot out a sacrificial lamb (it may be Biden, but I doubt it) and concentrate on congressional seats and preparing for the next election.
JC

You might as well have said Taylor Swift.

So transparent . His team and the democrats aren’t dumb. Surely they’ve rehearsed the debate and know how gone he is. Had to get everyone on board and this sealed it
Everyone thinks they had this early debate to have time to run Joe off the ticket. May be true, but I think it may be a little different.
2 reasons:
If he screws up, they have time to convince people he's ok and in time people will forget. Americans are like gold fish.
Also, they know the drug cocktail isn't working as well as it has for the last 3 years and if they wait too long he will have a debate like this. Apparently, this was already too late.
Maybe a 3rd thing they wanted was some sort of crazy statement from Trump they could use in their commercials. Didn't happen.

Every calculation the Democrats have made in the last 4 years has backfired.

JC
Let's not forget that Hillary wasn't qualified either and people were floating the idea she'd run for POTUS one day while she was First Lady.

She at least snagged a prime senator gig to check the public office box, but they're running on a compressed timeline right now. After the nonsense of 2020, it's honestly the smartest move the Democrats can make.

Biden and Harris were unpopular in the primaries, yet the ticket was decided before GA held its election after Bernie was told to kick rocks to make the path smooth for Biden.

Gavin isn't the play. Michelle doesn't have the baggage of any Democratic who has held office. She gets the anti-Trump/wontstayhome vote by default.

The real question is how many voters are for Trump at this moment and into November.

Democrats would say "too many".

Reactions: Dawgdocindosta
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT