ADVERTISEMENT

Yeomans Wood & Timber

rocky comfort dawg

National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2003
Buyers of timber and land. Family owned business based in Swainsboro. We have buyers around most of east central and southeast Ga.

I live in Waynesboro and am responsible for most of the CSRA. Burke, Jefferson, Washington, Jenkins, Screven, Glascock, Warren and McDuffie counties.

Reactions: Radi Nabulsi
Buyers of timber and land. Family owned business based in Swainsboro. We have buyers around most of east central and southeast Ga.

I live in Waynesboro and am responsible for most of the CSRA. Burke, Jefferson, Washington, Jenkins, Screven, Glascock, Warren and McDuffie counties.
How is your market right now? I

How is your market right now? I
The high lumber prices finally started trickling down to the raw material side few months back. Then fuel prices went thru the roof so we’re all playing catch up, trying to figure out what we need to pay loggers and trucks to keep them in business and also pay the landowners enough to keep them selling wood.

But overall, it’s been a pretty strong market on all fronts, in part bc of mill consumption outpacing our trucking capacity. We haven’t had to deal with limited quotas much unless a market is taking maintenance downtime or has a minor breakdown.

Timber industry is huge in Georgia and it’s also one of the most confusing to explain to people outside the industry

ADVERTISEMENT