ADVERTISEMENT

Yosemite National Park

DawgHammarskjold

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
AAT4doV.img

A fearless male hiker is standing on an overhanging rock at Glacier Point enjoying the breathtaking view towards famous Half Dome in beautiful post sunset twilight in summer, Yosemite National Park, California

It is purty there. When @MiniMono was 3ish, we took him there and got one of those bikes with the kid trailer in the back. Went off, talking about the animals, trees, streams, all while towing him up and down hills and wearing me out. Finally stopped and looked in the back and he was sound asleep. Don't think he saw or heard a thing.

But he loved getting rocks from the river, climbing up on a bridge and throwing them off. Well, I should say, "Daddy, BIGGER rocks!" So I was the one making trip after trip to get bigger and bigger rocks. But it was big fun.

I'll say this, there are natural wonders everywhere on earth, and I wish I could magically see them all. Lucky to make it to Easter Island. In China, I did this hike in the mountains known as the home of Taoism, Loashan Mountain. Scared the frigging crap out of me as 5k people behind you, one way up, no way down, through little caves not meant for fat foreigners 6' tall, and up rickety rusty ladders to go up 20ft of rock. Just to sit on a rock with a 2k ft drop to death. Really beautiful, but I like a nice tram ride and fences, thank you. Mountains in South America, caves in KY. Amazing things out there.

Reactions: DawgHammarskjold
GettyImages-1236378303-645x645.jpg

LARGE TURD ROCK Formation
Congress National Park, Washington, DC

Been hiked on regularly. Foundation shows signs of extreme wear. This national icon is in danger of collapsing. Many geologists feel the formation has outlived its expected life. Surprised it has hung own. Theory that the formation has been held in place by other relic formations, liberally pressing from the sides. Lengendary for the strong smell and rough texture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT