ADVERTISEMENT

2023 & 2024 Recruiting

504noladawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2017
Actually been a pretty significant last few days with info on recruiting

For 2023:
Dan says he thinks there is a good chance the Mari Jordan commitment sticks. This is great news because his stock seems to continue to rise and he has the height and athleticism that can really translate well

Also, Dan says we are sitting well with Edgerin James’ son

Notice both players are inside of the top 100. Two kids inside the top 100 in one class would be significant for us. That hasn’t happened to us a lot in the past.

And now we appear to possibly have an inside track on a really good 2024 player since we got his brother to walk on. This one is in the top 50

These three would be a nice haul and a sign of our recruiting really starting to change. This year I was excited who White was able to get but from a rankings perspective it wasn’t tone setting. I feel like these three above would be starting to signal we can get a different cut of meat than we’ve been getting. And White might just be getting started. I love that he is forward thinking enough and using the connection with the brother for the 2024 kid. It’s driven me crazy that we haven’t done this more in the past with using connections like brothers or hiring assistants with connections to players. This is a really good sign to see something like this happening with the Newell brothers, in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News