ADVERTISEMENT

A 2 foot putt

guestofthestatedog

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2006
I never get why people take it personally when someone worries about a game. The invariable “Munson” insults brandished with “snowflake”, weak, or my favorite “you are not elite.”

If winning every game was automatic for the most talented team, no one would watch. It wouldn’t be interesting. Upsets really do happen. Sure I’ve been worried about games here and there — hence they are more fun to win. But never have I been so simpleminded as to post it here.

This game should be the climax (I don’t count Tech) of 3 years of perfection. Who in history has run the table 3 straight regular seasons? One away game for history. 38-0 regular seasons wins at risk. 3 perfect seasons. I haven’t looked, has Sabin done it? I think we have had 3 perfect regular seasons in 100 hundred years.

Here’s the catch.

Consider a 2 foot putt. Who on here would miss a 2 foot putt? Impossible you say - particularly for a professional golfer.

Remember Scott Hoch? Blows one to win the masters. 2 stinkin feet. A free throw to win a game? The basket looks four inches in diameter.

Well, Saturday is day 4 of the masters.

Week after week after week, flat or on fire we’ve found a way to win. All that work now comes down to a stadium full of troglodytes led by a guy that looks like a bee sting victim.

I actually get why someone might be nervous about this one. And I bet winning for them will be all the more fun.

Our 2 foot putt awaits

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News