ADVERTISEMENT

A few bammer tears over T-Rob and Caleb Downs...

rednblack4life

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2018
"What? They have a dc. Why would you do this?"

(In response to the official tweet welcoming T-Rob to the Classic City) - "What in the crap is a classic city?"

"Wow that will hurt"

"Lol, I thought they already had 2 co defensive coordinators?"

"hearing Schuman to Bama as DC from a friend. not sure where he's getting his info but he isn't wrong often." - (lol)

"I would have liked to keep T-Rob as DC over getting Schuman. He is every bit as good, has a connection to the players, and is an excellent recruiter.

What is Downs's relationship with T-Rob like? Will he look to follow him to UGA? Who else might look to follow him to UGA?"

"I just don’t understand. Is there any loyalty to a University? You know Saban is still there? You don’t even listen to the new coach. And to go to Georgia? What’s the phrase “dead to me”?"

"Calm down, please. There will be some loses and we will get through this. It’s going to happen. I promise, we will line up come Sept and start this new era. We will be okay!

RTR"

"This is T-Rob’s 5th SEC job. No, there’s no loyalty. Most coaches are about themselves. If he had waited, he might have gotten the DC job at Bama. But, I like the fact DeBoar didn’t make him any promises and is taking his time. I’m sure T-Rob prolly hung the Georgia opportunity over him and I hope held the door for him and said good luck."

"This has to mean we have a DC already hired and it wasn’t going to be TRob."

"Because Kirby is the most cut throat dude in the business. And he wants Caleb Downs."

"I graduated in the early eighties.Sad to see what has transpired from then to now not only in football but life in general."

"If Downs goes so be it.We will win with or without him.I would like to keep him but it is what it is."

"That stinks. T Rob was the one coach I wanted to stay, but I’ll delay judgment until DeBoer gets his staff finalized. ROLL TIDE!!!"

"Better worry about Downs…..just sayin."

"A repost by Glenn Schumann. Doesn't seem like he is going to leave.

https://twitter.com/CoachSchuUGA"

"Schumann and his entire family love Athens. Most likely very wishful thinking he would come to Tuscaloosa.
And why would he? Is there a better overall program and situation for a guy like him than Athens, GA right now? Nope."

Some tears about Caleb Downs potentially following T-Rob...

"If he leaves, I would rather see him at Ohio State than JAWGA or Auburn!!!"

"Hopefully it can be avoided, We do not need to lose him!"

"One of very few players that are a MUST keep"

"He doesn’t care about winning then"

"The generation of impatience and immediate gratification...."

"
Wow the top offensive & defensive players have hit the portal. (Bonds & Downs) Who’s next? Seems like everyone is gunning for Alabama

With the 12 team playoff odds are they would be seen again. If we have the juice to make it ourselves."

"I wouldn’t pray for any of them Bond or Downs.If they don’t want to stay for the team let um go like long Lewis ford.A bunch of them are too full of themselves.Good bye don’t let the door hit u in the butt."

"god i hate what NIL plus portal have done to the game"

"Reads like the NIL collective needs to pick up the pace & DeBoer has to get a grip fast."

"There is always someone out there that’s better.Don’t think for a minute there isn’t."

"Question — There are no rules concerning tampering? Another school can contact a player & make an offer? The entire team could dismantled with surgical strikes."

"Downs is elite. This would hurt tremendously."

"Do you seriously think he is the only one that has entered the portal?? You don't know squat about football. Most of our secondary is gone, whether it be from the draft or portal. This is just the beginning! Its going to get worse and you cant continue to lose 4 and 5 star talent and sarcastically say, "Oh well we might as well shut down the program." If we continue to lose this type of talent then you will wish we did shut down the program!

I like this guy, he is a great coach but this isnt Washington ok? This isnt the Pac-12 ok? He must bring in enough talent and be physical enough to compete with the big boys understand? If he doesnt, he will FAIL to bring us a natty! That is the expectation at ALABAMA!"

"Goodbye then.We need team players."

"You just dont know squat about the game. You are stupid and its so pathetic. I will educate you though. If he doesnt bring physicality to the team and cant recruit its OVER! Understand??"

"This is gonna get worse and worse…"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News