ADVERTISEMENT

A Little More Analysis: on the rewatch

504noladawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2017
I don’t know much about Oregon but Mike White said they had a lot of their nucleus back, and well, that was probably the difference. We looked like we didn’t completely know how to play with one another and what one’s roles should be. People trying to do to much at different times and getting out of their roles. And a part of the game that I’m not sure has been mentioned enough is how much we fouled, especially in the second half. We really hurt ourselves and GAVE them points. But I like some of our options for sure. Mike White had a really interesting comment in the post presser talking about liking getting up 30 3’s. He has never said anything like that before. A shift is happening offensively, I think, and we are adjusting but some guys adjusted maybe too much and had too much of a green light. If I’m Mike White, here is what I’m saying in todays meeting with the players:

Blue, Jabri, and Noah Thomasson: y’all have the green light at almost all times. Fire away. They are all scorers.

Demary and Melendez: drive whenever you want. Y’all are really good at breaking down a defense and finishing at the rim. Drive, baby, drive. Shoot from deep when you are WIDE open. Just don’t be quick on that trigger otherwise from deep. Same with Justin Hill on threes. Just shoot when you are wide open from deep. Really good things happen when Demary drives.

Deloach: has to play more. Other than the fouls, he played well. Come at me if you want 😁😂. First three times he made a play with the ball in the first half, we got two buckets and a foul. He has no fear on D and is tough as nails. People are gonna love this guys intensity. We got us a SOLID piece in him. He can really move out there. Needs way more minutes.

Tchewa: we just have to figure out where he likes getting the ball. He can put it in. He had a rough game. He is solid too. We have decent bigs. Just be patient.

Dylan James: had two great offensive rebounds in the second half. Big confidence builder for him.

I think Oregon put their best defenders on Noah Thomasson, freeing up some of our other guys. So Noah might have helped us more than we thought.

Ready for Friday!! Let’s go! Go Dawgs!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News