ADVERTISEMENT

A question of vital importance…..

$25 and tip $10 to bring it to $35. Only get haircut about every 6 weeks. Was going to a place that was $50 and more convenient but stopped due to cost and no better results.

Reactions: easychair
How much do you pay for a haircut, and do you give a tip?

I have been cutting my own hair since “Junior’s Barbershop” increased their price from $10 to $15 back in the 1970s. It’s not hard with those attachments, and it looks good enough.
my wife cuts my hair so I dont pay anything, but she used to cut Aaron Murrays hair when she worked at a salon, and they used to have him come in early too so that he wasn't mauled by everyone for autographs etc. Oh and she used to do Kim Basinger's hair too.

I pay about 35-40 every two weeks or so. But to be frank I'm black and it grows quickly and finding a barber you trust is vital. I've been with my barber about 8 years now. Cut my hair on my wedding day as well.

• Love
Funny. Claydawg doesn’t have much insight here.
tenor.gif

I found somebody I like after much trial and error. She’s not the cheapest (haircut without tip is $40). I tip $15 (sometimes $20), but I can book an appointment at the last minute and get in. I only go every 5-6 weeks, so it’s worth it to me for the reliability. I’m pretty cheap on a lot of things, but this is not an area I scrimp.

I pay $20, and tip $5.

Used to get my hair cut every 4 weeks, but my sides grow faster than what I have on top or in the back, so now I use a #6 shaver attachment on my sides at week 4, and get my hair cut every 6 weeks. (To keep each side symmetrical when using the shaver attachment, I use a cheap plastic form or guide purchased off of Amazon).

Cut my own and all three of my boys. With that said, if we have something special coming up we have a barber locally that I take all three boys to. It’s $25 per and I usually pay him $90. Not bad for 15-20 minutes imo.

I get my hair cut about every 7-8 weeks and pay $24, plus a $6 tip for an even $30. Have had the same guy for about 12 years now.

I have been cutting my own hair since “Junior’s Barbershop” increased their price from $10 to $15 back in the 1970s. It’s not hard with those attachments, and it looks good enough.
My hairdresser charges $20. Sometimes, she trims my brows. Sometimes, she does not.

Cost of a haircut is $15, and a 15 dollar tip. Gotta raise the economy in east northeast Georgia

no and yes.

nothing;
I no longer have enough pretty hair to fool with.
able to buzz my crooked head in less than 10 minutes
without titties or fanfare.

Let's just say Ben Franklin needs to bring friends for me to pay up. A hot friend of a friend started a salon now many years ago and now that we're friends that loyalty is costing me.

I feel I must mention, when I was in SLC for 6 years, I’d get my $20 haircut at Ray’s, on Main st. In a fit of madness, I switched barbershops for this other place that featured deals on cigars, bourbon, hot towel shaves, and who knows what else. All kinds of good smelling stuff, I guess. I forget the name of the place, and I forget the exact price but it had to be north of $75, without adding the tip in. I quickly went back to Rays.

But . . . When I lived in Decatur, the shop I used to frequent, was rapidly approaching that price.

I feel I must mention, when I was in SLC for 6 years, I’d get my $20 haircut at Ray’s, on Main st. In a fit of madness, I switched barbershops for this other place that featured deals on cigars, bourbon, hot towel shaves, and who knows what else. All kinds of good smelling stuff, I guess. I forget the name of the place, and I forget the exact price but it had to be north of $75, without adding the tip in. I quickly went back to Rays.

But . . . When I lived in Decatur, the shop I used to frequent, was rapidly approaching that price.
SLC?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT