ADVERTISEMENT

After reading all AJC stuff since yesterday it is clear there is something systemically wrong at that organization....

BeachDawg

War Daddy
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Athens, GA
... and if there was ever an investigative journalist that wanted to take on a news organization that is bordering on crooked or even outright crooked the AJC is ripe for the picking with all sorts of evidence against itself right out in the open for all to see in its own stories.

Obviously we know all about the UGAA letter and the AJC's feeble response yesterday that still leaves unanswered questions about other potential fabrications.

But as I'm reading other stuff today I am seeing other stuff like the reporter who tweeted out how the AJC changed parts of a printed story about Jalen Carter and the wreck without noting anything about the change or even changing the timestamp on the original story (to make it appear like the original printing).

As soon as I read that UGAA letter last week and it was clear that UGA had done their homework and this Judd guy was crooked I told my wife that there was NO WAY that this guy hasn't done this before. You don't have a 40 year career as an investigative journalist and suddenly start fabricating stuff at this point in your career... it had to have happened before. And we know now that it did.

Well the same goes for the AJC... all the fabrications, hidden corrections, secretly reprinted articles, made up quotes... there is NO WAY it is limited to just this one story.

This is systemic and I wish someone would dig into it.... You wouldn't have to dig far. All the evidence is right there on their website and in their archives. I'd start with everyone remaining at the AJC involved in this story... I'd look at every story they ever touched.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News