ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama and recruiting ...

LawDawg86

GATA
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2015
I've posted many times here that the main problem DeBoer has is that he won't be able to recruit like Saban did. When, for 16 years, you had the most talented team on the field every time you played, you better have the results he got. At the end of the day, can he recruit at a top level?

The last time I posted that, I thought I better go look at the results since CKS got here to see what he needs to do. Here is a chart with some observations below - has the years where CKS had a full recruiting cycle; the CFP information is for the full 10 years of the CFP-4:

RrD5GHq.png

- What should be obvious is true - the best recruiters are in the CFP the most and win the most NCs.

- The top 6 recruiting teams were in 27 of the 40 appearances. They won 9 of the 10 NCs. Jimmies and Joes > Xs and Os.

- Michigan this year was an outlier. If Harbaugh goes, they are going to drop back. They will even if he stays.

- Bama's recruiting pre-Smart leaving was way better than after he left. There is no doubt that CKS coming to UGA hurt Bama because he made UGA better, and he was missed at Bama.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News