ADVERTISEMENT

Alumni, lifelong fan opinion of the program

Mayberry32

National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2008
A few weeks ago, I have offended a former player by calling the program “trash”. While I stand by the opinion that we have consistently underachieved as a program, and while I would never intentionally attack someone who represented our University in any athletic capacity, I do want to acknowledge the fact that we are headed in the right direction for the first time since Jim Harrick was on the court. I have attended several games this season. We are not there… Yet. We are clearly a shoot 3’s and play D type team. But we are definitely on the rise. With a couple of more players, we can definitely compete, and I hate to be skeptical… I am a Georgia Alum and Georgia basketball fan. I know better than to hope. But, Mike White has this program headed in the right direction.

Today, We fell apart at the end, and we made some really stupid fouls. But the majority of the game, we were in it, and we were playing the game we knew we had to play to win. We shot the 3’s when we had them.
We are not good in the paint. At least we know that. We can build around it And I see a lot of potential in the future of this program. All it takes is one season to propel us forward, and I think next year may be it. I. will support this program, and I will support this coach with all of my heart. I don’t care where it is, if we make the NCAA tournament, I will go, and I will scream to the top of my lungs.

We are headed in the right direction, after nearly 2 decades. Let’s support this team. Go Dawgs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News